It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Moon fakery

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

That FOX program is not a very good example, considering the claims made in it have been debunked. her are a couple examples of that debunking:

www.uwgb.edu...
pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu...
www.braeunig.us...

And here is a good website in general that debunks most Moon hoax claims:
www.clavius.org...

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
www.clavius.org...

And here is a good website in suport of the Moon hoax claims
www.aulis.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Ove38

Soylent Green Is People
www.clavius.org...

www.aulis.com...

First of all, Bart Siebrels "A funny thing Happened on the way to the Moon" mentioned in your link has been debunked -- namely the specific assertion made in your link that the astronauts never left Low Earth orbit, and the claim that the images of the small Earth were faked by filming the large earth (as seen from low Earth orbit) through a stencil cut-out.

For example, here is a link to an ATS thread where the video images that Sibrel says were faked (just the earth shot through a stencil, as he claims) were actually shown to be of the WHOLE Earth, with the weather patterns matching the actual weather patterns of the time:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the entire 58-page thread that debunks Sibrel's video for what it is -- misinformation.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for the claims in your link that some images from the Moon clearly have been "masked" and tampered with in some ways, I agree that it has been done. However, this "retouching" of images were done for press releases -- PR images, and images meant to look extra nice. For that reason, they have been touched up...
...BUT the original un-retouched versions of those images still remain intact, and are freely available for the public to have and view.

Obviously, if the reason for retouching the images was to fool the public into thinking we went to the Moon when we didn't, then why would the original un-retouched images still be available for viewing?

By the way, one of the people making claims in that link (the late Jack White) also claims that some of the images he said show anomalies are missing from the record (he said he finds it suspicious that NASA has removed them from their website). However, I found the ones he was talking about right on the NASA website:

history.nasa.gov...
history.nasa.gov...

Jack White has too many anomalous image claims to discuss in this one post, and many of his claims do seem to possibly have some validity on the surface, and at first blush, but I'm happy to discuss and dissect any of his claims that people see fit. Most of these claims break down under further scrutiny. Plus, some of them are just silly -- such as the photo (below) that he claims shows a "dome" in the background, when it is obvious that the alleged "dome" is simply lens flare

history.nasa.gov...

He claims that it can't be lens flare, because analysis of the image shows the brightness of the dome shape is gradient, and he (wrongly) claims that lens flare cannot be gradient. Here is another similar image from another mission that is clearly just lens flare. Just like the image in which White claims to see a dome structure, there are smaller and brighter flare artifacts above the large translucent flare.

history.nasa.gov...

One of the images pointed out specifically in your link is this one of the rover, apparently "anomalous" because of the lack of a tire track:

history.nasa.gov...

HOWEVER, it should be noted that this image was taken immediately following a repair to that back fender (you can see the improvised fender repair), which means there would have been a lot of activity around the rover, and especially behind that wheel. It is entirely plausible that the astronauts' activity around the rover could have stirred up the soil and obscured the tire tracks.

Like I said, there are a lot of images Jack White analyzed. Here is one site that debunks some of Jack White's analysis:
A Debunking of Jack White's Apollo Photo Analysis

edit on 12/24/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

Ove38

Soylent Green Is People
www.clavius.org...

www.aulis.com...

First of all, Bart Siebrels "A funny thing Happened on the way to the Moon" mentioned in your link has been debunked -- namely the ......

I didn't say "A funny thing Happened on the way to the Moon" by Bart Siebrel

I said "What Happened On the Moon?" www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Ove38

Soylent Green Is People
www.clavius.org...

www.aulis.com...

Look around that website. See how many opportunities there are to give them money. Tells you all you need to know.

They're liars and fakers and rely on people's willingness to disbelieve authority to make money.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

onebigmonkey

Ove38

Soylent Green Is People
www.clavius.org...

www.aulis.com...

Look around that website. See how many opportunities there are to give them money. Tells you all you need to know.

They're liars and fakers and rely on people's willingness to disbelieve authority to make money.

The "About us" section is interesting. There's a psychological researcher dabbling in "paranormal influences and Neanderthal culture", a woman claiming to be born with remote viewing abilities, and a cameraman who doesn't understand the opposition effect. www.aulis.com...

There are more reliable places to get your facts from than this motley crue.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Ove38

Soylent Green Is People

Ove38

Soylent Green Is People
www.clavius.org...

www.aulis.com...

First of all, Bart Siebrels "A funny thing Happened on the way to the Moon" mentioned in your link has been debunked -- namely the ......

I didn't say "A funny thing Happened on the way to the Moon" by Bart Siebrel

I said "What Happened On the Moon?" www.youtube.com...

I was responding to this post:

Ove38
www.aulis.com...

When I click that link you provided, the very first argument they make about the Moon Hoax is this (third paragraph of your link):

...Furthermore, it is the view of the Aulis authors that the famous named astronauts – for example Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Ed Mitchell – conceivably never left low Earth orbit, remaining in the safe zones below the Van Allen radiation belts. By so doing they would have avoided exposure to the hazardous radiation which (in our present state of technology) awaits all those who venture into deep space.

In that paragraph is a link (when you click on the words "low Earth orbit") to a page where they talk about Bart Sibrel's "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon" film, and specifically mention Sibrel's claim that Apollo 11 never left low Earth orbit.

The idea presented by Sibrel and repeated by aulis.com that the astronauts never left low Earth orbit, and the assertion that their film showing the whole "small" Earth was made by filming a large Earth through a round cut-out is a ludicrous claim, and has been shown to be false (and that debunking evidence had been presented in my links back to old ATS threads discussing Sibrel's movie in my post above).

David Percy's movie 'What Happened on the Moon?" has 3 hrs and 40 minutes worth of claims, so again (like Jack whites images) I can't go through each one here. It would be best if you had specific claims made by Percy that could be examined separately. However, in general, his claims can be explained with a little photograph knowledge, knowledge of the Apollo missions themselves, and critical thinking.

One specific example is the assertion that the astronauts only took well-composed images, and Percy asks "how?", considering the camera was attached to their chest, and aimed by pointing their body. However, a person only needs to look at the complete photographic record from each Apollo mission to see that every film magazine included many images that were not well composed at all. Sure, there were some really nice images (the ones we have all see in books), but there were also plenty of poorly-made images. Obviously, the magazines and textbooks don't make a habit of publishing the poorly-composed, blurry, over-exposed, or under-exposed images, or the stray unintended images of ladders, ground, and sky.

edit on 12/26/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

xavi1000
I'm still on the fence about landings but i'm sure that these guys didn't go on the Moon.

There is a thing called common sense.These guys look like they came back from funeral , not from greatest human achievment in human history.

that's

exactly what I thought~!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Komodo

xavi1000
I'm still on the fence about landings but i'm sure that these guys didn't go on the Moon.

There is a thing called common sense.These guys look like they came back from funeral , not from greatest human achievment in human history.

that's

exactly what I thought~!

This is what people at a funeral look like:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

kurthall

darkorange

kurthall
reply to post by Komodo

We went to the Moon, and there are an awful lot of threads on the topic. As far as a Flag, I would say there is a difference between the moon and a space station. I am sure someone will fill you in.

Yeah, you did. The more time passes by the more ridiculous that statement is. Just think about it, 50 years ago USA went to the Moon? 50!!!! Up till now its a task no nation could undertake, not because no need to, there is always need to be there, but because tech challenges are enourmous. 50 years...Think about that.

Dude, you do realize we have had Rovers on mars for quite some time now, and have mapped allot of it too, and the moon is a hell of allot closer than mars. You are saying "Up till now its a task no nation could under take." The moon is 238,900 miles from the earth, Mars is 35 MILLION MILES AWAY, and you are seriously telling me we can just now get to the moon? LMAO, I am sorry dude your wrong.

Did you know that you can see pictures in color of Mars we have taken by our remote control rover? Or do we not have that tech yet? You my friend need to do some research. YES we were on the moon 50 years ago, and that is a hell of a lot closer than Mars.

Your comparison is misleading - sending a robot to Mars is much easier and simpler than bringing humans to the Moon and back. EVA, life support systems, even the simple problem of "what do we want there?"..

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is a link to a 50Mb TIF scan of AS11-44-6550.

archive.org...

This is a lower resolution version.

The photograph was taken at around 04:00 UTC on the 20th of July, or shortly after the start of revolution 6 - Michael Collins makes a specific reference to Earthrise at about that time, and the position of the terminator can be confirmed as correct for that time using astronomy software such as Stellarium.

This is a link to a site where you can download high resolution copies of the NIMBUS 3 satellite data:

nsidc.org...

NIMBUS 3 was in polar orbit and took about 90 minutes to complete an orbit, and 24 hours to completely image the Earth. You can get access to individual photographs from each orbit as well as full mosaics.

Here's one taken at 02:28 UTC on July 20th (day 201 of the year - as indicated by the time stamp) compared with a tiny chunk of that Apollo photo around Australia (which is exactly what should be in view at that time).

I've sharpened and contrast adjusted the Apollo image.

That is the kind of research that aulis and Jarrah White hasn't, won't, and dare not do.

edit on 17-2-2014 by onebigmonkey because: Methodological clarification

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

onebigmonkey

Ove38

Soylent Green Is People
www.clavius.org...

www.aulis.com...

And what's wrong with making a little dosh? But it's okay for Apollo astrosmugglers to swipe US Gov property and sell it at auction for personal gain, like, they earned it!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

DJW001

Komodo

xavi1000

that's

exactly what I thought~!

This is what people at a funeral look like:

Thanks DWJ001 ..

needed that

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by darkorange

The only reason there might have been scenes staged to look like the moon was to hide something. They have obviously hidden lots of data about the moon from the public. Video has also been lost on purpose that was taken when astronauts were there. They wouldn't do this if we hadn't even gone there. We went more than once. They won't even release all the images of the moon, the public has only been allowed to see a small percentage of the total images of the moon from missions including the manned missions.
This is why they made the moon sound stage stuff. (just my opinion though)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

alienreality

The only reason there might have been scenes staged to look like the moon was to hide something. They have obviously hidden lots of data about the moon from the public. Video has also been lost on purpose that was taken when astronauts were there. They wouldn't do this if we hadn't even gone there. We went more than once. They won't even release all the images of the moon, the public has only been allowed to see a small percentage of the total images of the moon from missions including the manned missions.

OK, so which footage has been deliberately lost? Which photographs haven't we been allowed to see? And how come you know about if it's so secret?

There are numerous websites that show thousands of photographs and hours of film and TV footage from Apollo missions alone. What's missing?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

alienreality

What makes it so obvious that they have hidden lots of data and images? You can't just make such sweeping statements without backing them up somehow.

There are so many photos published at the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal, that one can wonder how did the astronauts get the time to shoot them all.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Have you ever seen the footage of Neil Armstrong trying to fly the Lunar Lander? It's a joke, not even close to controlling the dang thing. He never did successfully land it in testing as far as I know. Flash to the clips of Lunar ascent from those missions, jokable as well, looks like toys on strings. To me the biggest flag on this one as a hoax is the most simple, we haven't went back in all those years. Don't say "priorities" have changed or there was a lack of political will or funding. BS tell me another place, anywhere, where someone has gone and never returned? It doesn't work like that, humans don't operate like that. If we go somewhere, we leave a path that turns into a road.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Stackpot
Have you ever seen the footage of Neil Armstrong trying to fly the Lunar Lander? It's a joke, not even close to controlling the dang thing. He never did successfully land it in testing as far as I know. Flash to the clips of Lunar ascent from those missions, jokable as well, looks like toys on strings. To me the biggest flag on this one as a hoax is the most simple, we haven't went back in all those years. Don't say "priorities" have changed or there was a lack of political will or funding. BS tell me another place, anywhere, where someone has gone and never returned? It doesn't work like that, humans don't operate like that. If we go somewhere, we leave a path that turns into a road.

Great to see that more and more people finaly see that it all was a big lie.

The apollogists look like a bunch of crackpots nowaday's. ;-)

Their thinking isn't logical at all.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Stackpot

What you've seen is one video. You're assuming it's the only time he flew it. You're wrong.

“Eagle (the Lunar Module) flew very much like the Lunar Landing Training Vehicle which I had flown more than 30 times at Ellington Air Force Base near the Space Center. I had made from 50 to 60 landings in the trainer, and the final trajectory I flew to the landing was very much like those flown in practice. That of course gave me a good deal of confidence – a comfortable familiarity.”

en.wikipedia.org...

More here

www.hq.nasa.gov...

Your lack of belief doesn't prove anything.

Oh, and priorities have changed - it does work like that when the taxpayer is paying for it.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Back in the 1970's a friend of mine said we didn't really go to the moon. I thought he was a bit off by thinking that we didn't go there. Now years later looking at it, I am not sure.
I remember those years. No hand held LCD calculators, cell phones, etc etc. Too much animation was used as well.

Myth Busters did a show about it and they proved ( to satisfy the government ? ) that we indeed did land on the moon.

I'm going to sit this one out on the fence. I really don't know.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join