It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Story of Job narrated before it occurred?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

NO BODY to prove or disprove the Jesus story on.

There is no body. Yet you believe that Jesus' dead body came alive and ascended to heaven.

How can you believe such a thing when there was no body to prove or disprove anything??

Yet, you declare "Science has not proven the gospel stories of Jesus wrong.
Therefore, they are worthy of faith if someone chooses to believe in them."

edit on 3-12-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
There is no body. Yet you believe that Jesus' dead body came alive and ascended to heaven.
How can you believe such a thing when there was no body to prove or disprove anything??

It's very simple. There is no proof that He rotted in the grave.
There is no fingerprint forensic evidence, either way, about Jesus.
There are no scientific ripples to measure now from that event back then.
So I take the gospels at face value unless proven otherwise.

There IS proof that Noahs Ark couldn't have happened.
The physical numbers and the DNA evidence from TODAY is the fingerprint forensic evidence
that proves Noahs Ark couldn't have happened.
If it had happened, the human population numbers and the DNA would be very different.
Same with the animals.
There would have been scientific ripples that reached all the way until 'now' if it had happened.
Those ripples are absent.
And the ancient civilizations that remained intact through the so-called flood time would
have instead been destroyed. but they weren't.

Nothing has been proven, either way about Jesus.

But the Flood story has been totally disproven.

Explain how you can possibly believe in Noahs Ark when it's been proven wrong.
Faith in something that has been disproven? That's not faith. That's just indoctrination.

edit on 12/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

So you are saying that because of dna it is imposible for us and all life forms to have come from the post flood but " The amount of information that could be stored in a pinhead’s volume of DNA is equivalent to a pile of paperback books 500 times as high as the distance from Earth to the moon, each with a different, yet specific content.8 Putting it another way, while we think that our new 40 gigabyte hard drives are advanced technology, a pinhead of DNA could hold 100 million times more information." creation.com...

could it be that man has only touched the surface of the questions of life and put it into a either believable or none believable story ? It would seem like there is a lot of information that may be over looked and personal biases added to theory .

from the same article "Dawkins and others have claimed that this non-coding DNA is ‘junk,’ or ‘selfish’ DNA. Supposedly, no intelligent designer would use such an inefficient system, therefore it must have evolved, they argue. This parallels the 19th century claim that about a hundred ‘vestigial organs’ exist in the human body,12 i.e. allegedly useless remnants of our evolutionary history.13 But more enlightened evolutionists such as Scadding pointed out that the argument is logically invalid, because it is impossible in principle to prove that an organ has no function; rather, it could have a function we don’t know about. Scadding also reminds us that ‘as our knowledge has increased the list of vestigial structures has decreased." Some argument like Dawkins runs contrary to the Bible and will carry for a spell but when further information is found old claims fall by the way .Its could be just as likely that The God that created it all could have in a short span of time both increased mans and animals ability to over produce .Heck I grew up in a neighbourhood who had at least 2 families with more than 20 kids ..Just like deer and other animals who at times seem to defy the normal production rates ...That is why I asked you for the scientific proof you had ...All I got was something like a blog post supporting your claims of impossibility ..not very scientific now is it .

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

You don't want to buy into DNA and the math numbers because it runs counter to your religious beliefs. Whatever. That's your choice. But the information is there. And it's trustworthy.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I like to know the truth and until I am convinced I can only assume that it's probably true and therefore have a real good chance of being correct . Like I said earlier that Thomas had his doubts and I am thinking he is with his Lord God and Savior ....

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

There is no proof that He rotted in the grave.

Thats because Jesus ascended to heaven, as you we believe out of FAITH... without scientific proof.

There are no scientific ripples to measure now from that event back then.

Science has also disproven the idea of corpses coming back to life after 3 days. So you should accept this as proof that Jesus died and stayed dead, right?

You have faith in something that has been disproven. That's not faith. That's just indoctrination, like you say.

Nothing has been proven, either way about Jesus.

Yet, you not only believe he existed, but also that he died and came back to life, and ascended to heaven.

I believe what I believe out of faith. You invoke "science" and demand "proof" only for certain things, yet you believe all sorts of things about Jesus despite that fact that, as you said, nothing as been proven about Jesus.

edit on 4-12-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join