It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Story of Job narrated before it occurred?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
“All the tablets and fragments on which our Sumerian essay is inscribed date back more than a thousand years before the compilation of the Book of Job.” History Begins at Sumer, Kramer

And these are excerpts from the story of Job, as written in the Sumerian tablets and a very long time before Job was born.

“I, the wise, why am I bound to the ignorant youths?
I, the discerning, why am I counted among the ignorant?
Food is all about, yet my food is hunger,
On the day shares were allotted to all, my allotted share was suffering.
“My god, (I would stand) before you,

Would speak to you, . . . , my word is a groan,
I would tell you about it, would bemoan the bitterness of my path, (Would bewail) the confusion of . . . .
“Lo, let not my mother who bore me cease my lament before you. Let not my sister utter the happy song and chant. Let her utter tearfully my misfortunes before you, Let my wife voice mournfully my suffering.
Let the expert singer bemoan my bitter fate.
Tears, lament, anguish, and depression are lodged within me, Suffering overwhelms me like one chosen for nothing but tears, Malignant sickness bathes my body. . . .
“My god, you who are my father who begot me, lift up my face. How long will you neglect me, leave me unprotected?
How long will you leave me unguided?
They say — valiant sages — a word righteous and straightforward:
‘Never has a sinless child been born to its mother, … a sinless youth has not existed from of old.’”
The man — his god harkened to his bitter tears and weeping,
The young man — his lamentation and wailing soothed the heart of his god.
The righteous words, the pure words uttered by him, his god accepted.
The words which the man prayerfully confessed,
Pleased the … , the flesh of his god, and his god withdrew his hand from the evil word,
… which oppresses the heart, … he embraces,
The encompassing sickness-demon, which had spread wide its wings, he swept away.
The (disease) which had smitten him like a … , he dissipated, The evil fate which had been decreed for him in accordance with his sentence, he turned aside,
He turned the man’s suffering into joy.”
History Begins at Sumer, Kramer

Here is a video depicting the story of Prophet Job, please let me know what you think

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Better question ... did the story of Job ever actually happen?

Excellent thread. More proof that the Old Testament is mostly stories that are poorly transcribed from Summerian sources. None of it can be trusted as accurate.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubz310

S&F because I just love these types of threads ..I haven't read through it yet but wanted to mark it and enjoy the thread for a bit ...I may not come back in but you have my attention ...thanks

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

despite your vast knowledge in much things pertaining to the bible I can love you like I would a Thomas ...peace

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Better question ... did the story of Job ever actually happen?

Excellent thread. More proof that the Old Testament is mostly stories that are poorly transcribed from Summerian sources. None of it can be trusted as accurate.

Perhaps it did. If it was recorded in the clay tablets, then that means the story of Job must have circulated among them as a story or a lesson of a future event. And let us not forget that everything distorted is not always void of truth. As the saying goes "where there is smoke, there is fire".

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubz310

A thousand years from now someone could dig up the book 'the Godfather' and think that it was a story based on actual events instead of a fictional book that was just written for entertainment.

JOB could easily have been written by the Summerians as a story to teach morals or something.

We simply have no idea if there ever was a Job or not ....

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

If you have to have absolute verification for every detail that you require for life than where or how could faith come into it for you ?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
well done video... wish it was longer.

I noticed the narrator mentioned that the story of Job only in two of the three monotheistic religions... I am quite certain it appears in the Christian Bible also.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

If something can be debunked, then it's unworthy of belief.
Science has proven Noahs Ark is false. Ditto Adam and Eve.
Therefore, it would be foolish to believe in them.

Science has not proven the gospel stories of Jesus wrong.
Therefore, they are worthy of faith if someone chooses to believe in them.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

If you don't mind me asking because I didn't get the memo , just how and who in science has proven or disproven Noah's flood ...curious ..

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

FlyersFan

If something can be debunked, then it's unworthy of belief.
Science has proven Noahs Ark is false. Ditto Adam and Eve.
Therefore, it would be foolish to believe in them.

Science has not proven the gospel stories of Jesus wrong.
Therefore, they are worthy of faith if someone chooses to believe in them.

Science has proven Noah's Ark is false?

It seems there are many religions and cultures throughout the world that have some sort of flood story in them. Seems believable to me that there was a flood, so how has science proven that the story of the Ark is false?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
@FlyersFan....... ''Science has not proven the gospel stories of Jesus wrong.'' _________________________________________Has science Proven that a dead man can come back to lie after three days? And ascend bodily to heaven? No? So why do you believe such a thing? Is it out of faith?
edit on 2-12-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

the2ofusr1
just how and who in science has proven or disproven Noah's flood ...curious ..

The amount of people on the planet today could not have come from three pair of reproducing humans floating on a boat around the country of Turkey 6,000 years ago. It's genetically impossible.

Same with the animals. The number and variety of animals on the planet could not come from a single pair of reproducing animals floating on a boat around the country of Turkey 6,000 years ago. Not even two pair or three pair of reproducing animals. And the logistics don't work.

It's a myth. That's all it is. A myth with a moral story to it.
It's not supposed to be taken literally.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Oh I see ...so just how many pairs would it take ? Would you have some scientific data and the thiriums used to come to the conclusions that they did ?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

According to the bible - the date of the global flood ends up being around 2350 BC.
There are civilizations around the world that are older than that .. and undisturbed.

101 Reasons Why Noahs Ark Doesn't Float

More problems with the Noahs Ark Story

Genetic evidence shows that human beings are far to genetically diverse to be descended from a single family in 2350 B.C. If Noah’s Ark were true, then all men alive today would’ve gotten their Y-chromosomes from Noah, and all human mitochondrial DNA would come from Noah’s wife and the three daughter-in-laws. Studies of the human Y-Chromosome show that you’d need far more than 4,300 years to accumulate that many mutations. Human beings could not be descended from a single male in 2350 B.C. What the studies show, instead, is that, in order to explain the number of mutations in the human Y-Chromosome, you have to allow for roughly 60,000-90,000 years. Similarly, human mitochondrial DNA requires roughly 160,000 years to accumulate that many mutations — showing that Eve could not have lived 6,000 years ago as the Bible says.

If the entire human race were repopulated from a single family in the Middle-East in 2350 B.C., then we would expect the highest levels of genetic diversity to be in the Middle East. Populations who moved to Africa, Europe, Australia, etc would carry only a subset of that genetic diversity with them. In reality, the highest levels of human genetic diversity occur in Africa. For example, the Khosian (in South Africa) have some of the most diverse genetics. If the Bible predicted Noah’s Ark landing on Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, genetic diversity would at least align with the Biblical story. Unsurprisingly, humans appear to have arisen in the same location as our closest genetic relatives – chimpanzees and gorillas.

The Impossible Voyage of Noahs Ark

In reality the ethnic complexity found throughout the world cannot be derived from the flood survivors in the few centuries since that time. The human genetic pool was reduced to five individuals—Mr. and Mrs. Noah and their daughters-in-law (the three sons don't count because they only carry combinations of the genes present in Mr. and Mrs. Noah, unless creationists are willing to admit to beneficial gene mutations). And even if, by some freak coincidence, the five people never had a variant in common, there would still be far too few alleles to account for humankind's diversity. Nearly a third of human genes are polymorphic (Bodner and Cavalli-Sforzi, p. 589), and some, such as the two controlling A and B antigens, with thirty varieties (p. 589), would require substantially more people than Genesis makes available.

If creationists allowed beneficial mutations to produce the thirty different antigens of the A and B series in the HLA region, it would still not solve their problem. Individuals are only heterozygous at a fairly low percentage of loci (5 to 20 percent), while the population could be polymorphic at nearly half the loci. It's questionable how viable an individual would be with a high percentage of heterozygosity (Dobzhansky, Ayala, et al., p. 72)

More interesting reading
Adam and His Eves
Early Human Migration Routes as told by DNA

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

BIG DIFFERENCE between the Jesus accounts and the Noahs Ark myth ...

- Jesus left behind no body to test .. no evidence one way or the other to confirm or debunk the miracle story. It's open to believe or not. There is nothing that can be tested to show that the Jesus miracle happened or not. If there is ever a body found and tested and it shows it is Jesus dead body, then the story will have been debunked and proven a fabrication using physical evidence.

- The Noahs Ark Myth left behind information that is testable in this day and age. If Noahs Ark had been true, then the physical evidence fingerprints from that event would be testable and provable today. Science has proven, using the DNA evidence from today, that Noahs Ark couldn't have happened. The human and animal math numbers, as well as the human and animal DNA information prove the Noahs Ark story false. If it had happened, the human/animals populations would be different and so would the DNA information.

Two VERY DIFFERENT situations.

edit on 12/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Well it would seem that even the professionals and their theories have to be readjusted from time to time .Take this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... ..So I guess the experts may not have it right . To say that in Noah's day they were not capable of building a Boat/Barge seems a little silly because of the old structures we see around the globe today .Fact of the matter is we don't know how they did it but do know they did it very well . We are still figuring out the dna stuff and who came from where and mixed with whoever else . I am curious about the giant skulls that have been found around the world ..The bible suggest that they did make it through the flood so its hard to say how advanced they were before but I don't think they got dummer .

For me its not that unbelievable to consider that the OT is true ...I guess its more about discovering the meanings as to why it would be true ,but if you start off thinking its all bs than I highly doubt there is anything meaningful you could trust about it ...Just my opinion ...peace

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

BIG DIFFERENCE between the Jesus accounts and the Noahs Ark myth ...

I'm sure. I still want to know if your belief that Jesus came alive after lying dead for 3 days... is based on science.

Has science proven that dead men can return to life...after 3 days when they should be rotting?

Jesus left behind no body to test

He didn't? I thought dead people leave behind dead bodies!

edit on 3-12-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

All I know is that the DNA for humans and animals is scientific proof that the Noahs Ark story couldn't have happened. If it had happened, the DNA would have been different TODAY. It's testable.

As to if they could build a boat like that 6,000 years ago ... I have no idea.
It doesn't matter to me. The story has already been debunked by DNA.

AND there are cultures and civilizations on earth that predate the Noahs Ark time period.
They went through that time period just fine without interruption.
So ... no world wide flood with only Noah and his family living through it.
It simply didn't happen literally as the bible said.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Has science proven that dead men can return to life...after 3 days when they should be rotting?

OF COURSE NOT. At the same time, science can't prove or disprove the story because there is NO BODY to prove or disprove the Jesus story on. No testing can be done to see if Jesus is in a tomb. However, there are 6 billion human bodies alive today that disprove the Noahs Ark story. And there are civilizations that made it through the supposed 'flood time' intact. Noahs Ark has been debunked. The Jesus story cannot be confirmed or debunked until there is a body to test.

He didn't? I thought dead people leave behind dead bodies!

There is no dead body of Jesus to test.
If there ever was one, then that would prove the story wrong.
But since there isn't one to test, there is no proof that the story is fake.

Noahs Ark .... it's claim is debunked by DNA and MATH. Human and animal DNA and numbers TODAY prove it couldn't have happened.

Jesus rises from the dead ...neither confirmed nor debunked ... no forensic evidence to test and no 'fingerprint' left for us to work from like with the Noahs Ark story.

edit on 12/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join