It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Break-up of ISON Cause a Destructive Comet (Meteor) Shower on Earth?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Thank you sir. I never did believe the path would change. But the part you mentioned about being far off the ecliptic did answer most of what I was wondering about. Thanks for sharing bud. Take care.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Pinkorchid
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Ok lets cryogenically freeze you and put you on a trip round the Sun and see what comes out the other side.

But now you're comparing a tiny human body with an object several km across.

Ever heard of Baked Alaska? en.wikipedia.org... The Sun's heat may take a long time to penetrate the whole nuclues.

But ISON may have well disintegrated due to the heat from the Sun, if it was mostly ice with dust and rocks it it. Other comets may be practially solid rock (or rubble pile) with just enough ice to create a coma and tail.

If so much of the outer Solar System is icy, why can't comets be icy too?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

I don't know. But NASA researchers said they didn't see anything where it was meant to be. But something did come around the sun. So does that mean it changed it's trajectory? Something came around the sun, but not where NASA said it would, so I guess so. But then again the experts here on ATS have been saying for a while now that nothing can change the flight path of the comet, even if it breaks up, it will be on the same trajectory. So what does it mean, guess we wait and see

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If the comet, or any ol' body in space, has a high libido, does that make it hotter (relatively speaking) to other bodies in space?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

Albedo.
Not libido. But libido is a measure of horniness, not hotness.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Baddogma

Albedo.
Not libido. But libido is a measure of horniness, not hotness.

I came away from my last post, looked at new posts, saw Phage's name, clicked on it, and I see before me a classic. His post should be carved in stone and erected at the gates of ATS. Man, we learn things here. I've learned so much here. And look at that complete semester full of learning quote above me. It's beautiful, like a free flowing poem or song.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are a good... nay, great straight man, sir!

My silly jest has been met and mastered... with stone cold assurance and gentlemanly demeanor.

Bravo. And kudos for teaching in the reply as well...

Though horniness could be argued to have an effect on hotness due to reproductive availability and fitness, no?
edit on 12/4/2013 by Baddogma because: horny additional thought

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hi all,

To add to this discussion I would like to bring some users to the attention of a user on YouTube that I have been following, BPEarthWatch.

The user has been posting daily updates and claims a number off things regarding ISON.
Yes I know another youtuber and his videos, but then again is not NASA just the same but with more expensive toys and one would be a fool to follow everything they say blindly.

From his videos, which is a few, he has claimed the following.

1. The dust cloud/meteor shower/storm was/is huge with over 21 meteors in it that are at least a few miles in diameter
  2. The shower/storm is moving at a speed off 2 million miles an hour
  3. That the storm will pass over earth around the 26th December not the 28th
  4. That the shower/storm has a combined length of at least 42 million miles

These are just a few off his claims.
In his most recent videos he shows alleged pictures were you can actually see some off theses meteors. Though he does not claim that the meteor shower/storm is going to hit us directly, he claims that the Earth will pass through the far edges off the shower/storm.

Like myself he has always believed as well that ISON was allot larger than was originally claimed by NASA, and as it went round the sun it broke up but instead off following its ordinal projected path what we are seeing and will see is what he refers to a shot gun effect, were ISON has broken up and is behaving how shot gun bullets react when fired.

There is allot off information to absorb that he is posting, with me not being an expert in this field I would like to hear the points off views off other users regarding what he claims, not about him personally.
As we all know there has been many conspiracies regarding ISON and there is still many, and like many off you on here I too watch ISON go around the Sun and then heard NASA and many others claim that it had broken up, which now we know not to be true.

IMO BPEarthWatch seems to have more off an idea off what he is talking about about and seems to done allot off research and also has been reporting on the Sun for many years as well.
I am not really interested in his other interests but rather his information regarding ISON, which i think needs looking at.

Should not one gahter as much information as possible regarding a subject one is interested in no matter the source?

Some of his latest videos for you to watch.
Hubble to Watch Ison Now.

SON UPDATE-Dark Giants Captured in New Flare.

AMAZING NEW IMAGES OF THE ISON METEOR STORM.

If any off this turns out to be true and if there is a chance that Earth might be hit by part of this show/storm, then that would answer allot of other conspiracies here on ATS that many have read. FEMA, DUMBS etc etc

Peace

edit on 7/12/2013 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDon

3.That the storm will pass over earth around the 26th December not the 28th

He slipped that in at the end of the 2nd vid. What is the signifigance of this? Who ever said anything about the 28th?

ETA:

2.The shower/storm is moving at a speed off 2 million miles an hour

So the pixelstorm will get us around Nov 30th or so?
edit on 7-12-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I used up my nonprecious time on some of the videos, and I love when the guy, all spooky and trying to scare up some public, says (paraphrase) "The field will cover 40 millions miles!!!!!!! (take a breath) !!!!!!!!! and, since ISON will pass earth 40 million miles away, ah, ummm, well, ah, (logic falls into place in his mind as he realizes the absurdity of what he's saying and mumbles something like) that means that the field will come within 20 million miles of earth!!! Be afraid, be, ah, um, very afraid?"

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDon

You should check out his videos whilst ISON was approaching the sun.

And then compare what he says about it to what actually happened.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDon

Meteor storm? ISON is just a very dim cloud of dust and small fragment now, and it's never gonna come anywhere close to Earth.

ISON has been small to begin with, somewhere around 1km in diameter (see my latest post in "ISON pictures and up-to-date information" thread.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join