It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wage Strikes Planned at Fast Food Outlets in 100 US Cities on Thursday (12/5/13)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Jonathan Westin, executive director of New York Communities for Change, the group at the helm of the Fast Food Forward campaign, said workers who missed a shift in order to be at one of the protests would be compensated. The money comes out of a "strike fund" supported by labor unions, foundations and grassroots organizations.

Unions have been setting up similar strike funds for years as a way to make up for missed wages, while they stand up to employers.

CNN Money

This money comes from union members, and they are spending it as they see fit.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

JIMC5499

Third shift reported in right on time. I think I'm going to grab a seat in a restaraunt for dinner and watch. This is hilarious.

Do you have a news link for this?
Are you the one who posted that the protesters are only getting paid 10 an hour?
That is funny! [meaning, being paid 10 by the union to protest for 15]
edit on 5-12-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Thanks for the link.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

LDragonFire

Jonathan Westin, executive director of New York Communities for Change, the group at the helm of the Fast Food Forward campaign, said workers who missed a shift in order to be at one of the protests would be compensated. The money comes out of a "strike fund" supported by labor unions, foundations and grassroots organizations.

Unions have been setting up similar strike funds for years as a way to make up for missed wages, while they stand up to employers.

CNN Money

This money comes from union members, and they are spending it as they see fit.

I will never support Unions. They are a seditious lot. I've been there and done that and don't want that cup of coffee refilled. There once was a roll for them but that time is over.

They have over extended their stay as far as I'm concerned and a enemy of the people.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Reminds me of the house of representatives.

Your just repeating right wing talking points.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

LDragonFire

Why would unionizing be a good thing for fast food workers? [or retail for that matter]

Not being snarky, just seriously asking.

Would unionizing push out the very workers who are protesting for this to happen?
If raising the min. wage would drive up costs, what would unionizing to to fast food industry as a whole?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Massive histeria in california. Food store markets closing all over, people need food. Find check out, cali out of food store closings. WTF.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

LDragonFire

But they are the right talking points. The critical, rational and emotional sides of me are all in agreement on this one.

Progressives need to go the way of the Dodo. They are a pestilence upon this once great land and are slowly destroying it.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

cloaked4u

Massive histeria in california. Food store markets closing all over, people need food. Find check out, cali out of food store closings. WTF.

Gotta a link for that?

Or are you just funnin' us?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't think they should scream so loud. Unemployment is totally cut off for good starting jan. 1st 2014. They may need that job.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

no, real, i'll gt the link.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Ha there you are incorrect the right are on the wrong sides of most arguments, on the wrong side of history. No young people or minorities support you, women don't support you, your base are the baby boomers and they won't be around for many more years. You have lost 6 out of the last 7 elections and much of the protests and voter turnout is spurred on by republican actions.

Just like this thread you all think you know whats best, but history has shown us otherwise.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Unless I am missing something here, I do not see how unionizing is going to be a good thing.

Mass layoffs, store closings [especially smaller franchisers] and of course higher prices.
How is THAT going to be helpful?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here is what is going to happen if they somehow manage to raise the wage to $15 dollars a hour. They will kick all the part-timers to the curb. They won't hire Teens, Senior Citizens or the mentally challanged anymore. They will hire a small set crew of dedicated workers that work full time, after all the job really is not that hard.

Other stores will just close their doors.

And all the people protesting will be crying wee, wee, wee all the way home...unemployed and screaming that it is all unfair, and sexist, and racist, etc.

And I'll be laughing my ass off. Serves them right. Over 1 million pink slips delivered.

edit on 5-12-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by palmalBlue2

Um collective bargaining would lead to better wages, and pension, paid holiday off, paid sick days, more vacation, overtime after 8 hours instead of 40 hours, representation if they fire you, better medical insurance and benefits, safer work place.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

youtu.be... here u go. check out what people are saying about this.

edit on 5-12-2013 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

LDragonFire

Ha there you are incorrect the right are on the wrong sides of most arguments, on the wrong side of history. No young people or minorities support you, women don't support you, your base are the baby boomers and they won't be around for many more years. You have lost 6 out of the last 7 elections and much of the protests and voter turnout is spurred on by republican actions.

Just like this thread you all think you know whats best, but history has shown us otherwise.

And history has shown us how lazy people are and how the Progs take advantage of that and how they have slowly but surely pulled us all down. While they line their pockets. It's a vicious circle.

Hey! Let's ask Hillary, Harry, Nancy or maybe even Barry and see if they'll help offset the cost of these peoples wages. That's not going to happen, they'll keep the divide going all the while lining their pockets.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

cloaked4u

I tried a search on your above information and the only thing I could find was a youtube vid www.youtube.com... and it was posted in February 2009. Do you have something current you can share?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Southern cali starting to look like ghost towns while other towns in north dakota booming and charging outrageous prices for rent, gas, food ect. Maybe ur state goes boom or bust in the next 2 years.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

macman
You really think people have no way to improve their own life, do you? You have little faith in others.
Even worse, you push for Govt dependance.
This idea that people can't survive unless on the Govt handout is about as weak-minded as it gets.

How is pushing for fast food companies to pay their employee's a living wage a push for government dependence? What planet are you living on??? If they were paid a living wage less of your tax money would be wasted subsidising fast food companies labour costs. You've got to be very stupid if you dont understand that.

If there was little to no Govt Handouts, people would find ways to earn what they need. BUt, you would rather they stay slave to the Govt freebies.

NO! I would rather multi-national companies who are making billions annually pay their workers a living wage!

Please go back and read my posts. I said it was wrong in all cases. Govt handouts need to stop in all cases, to everyone.

You offer no VIABLE solution in any of your posts. What you advocate is just dumping people in poverty and saying "Deal with it"
I almost feel you should be lobotomised just to make sure you never do have a real idea, a brainwave would surely kill you.

That is correct.
This living wage crap idea is about as childish as anything that I have heard.
If people want to have more income, they need to earn it. Very simple.

Not so simple when you actually consider what the american economy is made up of.

Thanks for what? Promoting Progressive carp talking points?
Yeah basic economics has left your thought process a while ago.

You wouldnt know basic economic's if it slapped you across the face. I almost feel like you're trolling me with your absurd view of the world, You cant be serious.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join