It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips from Masons

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hello,
I am a 25 year old, tall, professional guy who has fought through life with constant questions steming from all things not of common interest. I have been recently introduced to the Freemasonry by a friend and hinted to that I should join.

After months of research, and even discussions on this forum under a different name (no, never banned hehe) I have finally decided to join the brotherhood.

All my life, my mother has told me that she felt that the only reason she was brought into this world was so she could have me, to do something great for the world. A true conviction of hers that she firmly believes in.

I have always been the guy who attracts a great deal of unwanted attention, strives to accomplish things beyond means considered of typical possibilities and overall have been a bit of a loaner in my ways and paths of interest.

The reason for this post is, my goal is to truly impact this country in a possitive way, thus far, I have found this possibility in music management. To bring messages I believe in and or enjoy to the masses. I have felt a calling since I was a teenie bopper to become a priest, however, I no longer feel this as a viable option as my true beliefs stem far beyond that of redundant prayer and "tradition". My beliefs are more scientific, factual with true intuition guiding my faith in what lay beyond the stars.

I plan to join the Masonry, soon. The reasons for which are in my belief that I will be surrounded by men of similar beliefs, of similar interests and of a similar ambition to achieve and accomplish great things while possibly learning things that might not otherwise be revealed to me.

I ask you, Freemasons of this forum, what tips might you offer me to ensure that my involvment prove worthwhile? Is there anything I should know prior to joining?

Any advice, words of support or other information would be greatly appreciated.

Those of you with nothing positive to say about the Masonry, please refrain from replying...I've already read it, seen it, heard it and like you, I have already established my contention and have chosen to act on it.

Thank You

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If you learn any thing be sure and tell the public.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I enjoy star lit nights, and long walks on the beach.

PS: Prepare for the Elephant Walk initiation ritual.
PPS: when you are a powerful mason could you loan me some cash?

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Well, I'm no Freemason, but I suggest that your first order of business is to not declare your allegiances on this board, of all places.

Kinda makes this pretty hard to believe, doesn't it?

Prez: I was asking a conspiracy website what I should do to efficiently rise in your ranks Mr. Mason

Mr. Mason: Turn around.

(Lifts up Prez's underwear and gives him a monster Wedgie)

All Masons in attendance: (Laughter ensues)

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
What a grand coincidence, I too had just recently joined Masonry. In Nevada no less, and hope to prove my proficiency as a Master Mason tomorrow night, today actually as it is past midnight lol.

I joined masonry because of all the great and honorable and just men who were masons before me. And upon stepping foot into the lodge before I even handed in my petition I was hailed as a friend.

I hope that your experiences shall be the same, I've seen nothing else on earth like it. The instant brotherhood, the helping hands from all.

Freemasonry does make good men better.

Don't mind Kai-Raega, there is a growing population of Masons here it seems lol
Declare alegiances all you want, there is no coalition with any intent or purpose to ally to.

However an interesting forums I'm apart of, though small it may be, is "www.thefreemason.com" check that out if you'd like.

I think "www.surfsteve.com" is another good one, if that's the address...

In conclusion, a few words of wisdom. You will not be surrounded by men of similar beliefs, but similar ideals. Beliefs are "religious beliefs" mainly, be they christian muslim strong or weak beliefs, a belief is a belief. Masons all share the common ideal as I would put it, of friendship, morality, and brotherly love.

Finally, the most important thing of all.

Masonry can not teach you anything that you can't teach yourself. It just helps you to seek it out. And brings you together with others, who have sought it out.

For advice....just learn.

Learn your history, learn all history and especially the part Freemasonry has played in it.

Knowledge, is the only freedom we have, without it we are all slaves.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Hammerite Buddy?

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaster
there is a growing population of Masons here it seems lol

Yes, apparently so.

If I had my junior Masonry Decoder badge, I could be one too.

But stupid me, I threw out all my Cracker Jack box tops.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well Kai I know of 4 or 5 here as it is...no it's 5. So I'd say that's growing. Make 6, for mr. Prez...soon to be Brother Prez.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaster
Well Kai I know of 4 or 5 here as it is...no it's 5. So I'd say that's growing. Make 6, for mr. Prez...soon to be Brother Prez.

So that is where all my Box tops are going!

Can you at least give me back the prizes that were inside? I really wanted that sticker in the last box and you took it away.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   

This one doesn't eat crap sugar cereals or bubble gum.

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Hows Nevada Hkot?

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Are you an anti-mason Kai?

If so I suggest you read a few books by the king of Anti-Masons, or at least he was, until he became a Mason.

All his life he researched and reasearched Masonry to try and destroy it, thinking it was some "brooding organization" ... and in the end joined it realizing what it really was.

John Robinson.

Born in Blood...The Pilgrim's Path, and other books, really good.

Go read those.

And your last post doesn't even make sense...box tops? Yeah......

Hello masked *tips hat*.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
OK. Here is the way I see it. I will give you my theory of the overall picture of what freemasonry is about. It's going to be difficult for me to do because I have to avoid giving you any of the secrets with which I have been entrusted and they explain a lot and would make things easier to illustrate, but I'll give it a go for you and do the best that I can with the tools that I have at my dispense.

This is MY theory. I'm not giving you the official masonic line, I'm giving you my line.

People don't really understand freemasonry. A hell of a lot of freemasons don't understand it. It's members are people from all walks of life, all political backgrounds, all religious backgrounds. But because we can't share everything with you, we are seen as a shadowy organisation with evil intent. They see us as hiding something sinister, when in fact the truth is opposite.

One day we will give you the knowledge that you require from us, that is our intention and when you are ready to accept that knowledge our work will be done. Hopefully, in the future, you will be a part of us and you will help us to find it. The knowledge is as much your as it is ours.
As a species, mankind just isn't ready for that knowledge yet though. We have work to do.

I don't dispute the fat that we hold awesome power over life in the West. But that is no conspiracy. Indeed, we are all around you. We are the people who deliver your newspapers, run your governments, bake your bread, run your financial institutions, empty your trash, we make Western society tick. We have always been here in one shape or another - maybe not under the actual auspices of freemasonry in it's recognised form but we have always been here in one shape or another.

We are you.

Have you ever wondered why, from all professions, we chose the stonemason to represent us?
Look at his work. It encompasses order, beauty, completeness. The quest for perfection.
We are looking to build that. We have the structure that we want to build and make perfect. But what is that structure? That structure is man. Man, with all his unchecked passions, his failiures, his defects, his crudeness. But also man with all his potential to be perfect if he can only be reshaped, remodelled and shown that there is an alternative in life that offers him far more than he could ever hope to achieve by following his natural instinct. Our natural instinct is one of survival but the way we try to survive in our present environment is also one of destruction. It threatens our structure and threatens our perfection. Only when that structure is complete and perfect and safe can we begin to reach our goal - a goal of understanding and knowledge.

With knowledge, mankind can do everything and anything. We can achieve harmony, bliss, happiness. We can talk to God.

That God doesn't have to be a Jewish, Muslim or Christian god. All religions believe that there is only one true God. We believe that too. And here's the part where most people don't understand us - we want to help those religions to unite, to understand that their basic principle is correct. There is only one God and HE is there for each and every one of us, regardless of our race, our politics, our religion, our society. He isn't a masonic god. He isn't a non masonic god. He's just God. Period.

But mankind isn't ready to see that yet. We're still monkies intent on stealing from our neighbours, claiming our god is better than next door's god. We're so busy screwing each other up the butt, that we don't have time to sit down and look for the truth - the knowledge and understanding that could give us bliss.

Freemasonry is here to send a message out that things don't have to be that way. If we can achieve equality and brotherhood for all mankind we can advance our species as a whole. Although we like the thought of being individual, the fact is that we are a social animal and we work better together than apart. We say, retain your individuality but work for the common good. You don't have to give up anything except those things that will damage you or damage us. Is that not a better way to ensure man's survival?

As masons we want to guide mankind down a path towards knowledge. We don't want to leave anybody behind as that will just defeat the purpose of our goal. We are looking for a way to help everyone achieve the goal of perfection.
Once we have perfection, every man will be complete. Every man will be a king, a saint, a leader, a lover, a father, a mother. Then our work will be complete.

You could say that the above can be interpreted as a religion or a political doctrine. But we are way more complex than that. Religions are simple things as they stand now. They have to be simple. Man interpreted religions so he could understand them and use them to his own ends. In some cases he required that these interpretations could not be flexible because they suited his purposes at the time and he has been suicidal in sticking to his beliefs and not allowing himself to view the big picture, when it is quite plain that there is much, much more to them than he can understand.

Man theorises on the nature of God and then puts into practise what he believes is right, but alas, he is often wrong. Look at Islam. There is a religion that is as pure as any other. Yet people have interpreted it to have meanings which drive them to kill others and create misery. Christianity has done the same in the past. All because man got his theory wrong. He said "this is how it is, and this is how God wants it to be". He never thought for one moment that he might not understand that God never meant it to be that way. Man was arrogant in assuming that he could interpret the word of God. As freemasons we don't interpret the word, we don't believe we have the power to interpret it whilst man is busy tearing himself and his planet apart so we are looking for a way to unite mankind so he can concentrate on finding the knowledge for the interpretation.

This isn't an easy task. We're basically going against our own human nature. We recognise we are men and we recognise that is why we make so many mistakes. But by recognising our mistakes we are at least on the path to finding our goal. It's never going to be an easy path - we have spent millenia laying obstacles in our own way. But at least we recognise that there is a path and that there is a goal. Under our umbrella we offer to unite people so that they can find answers whilst trying to ease the suffering that man has created for himself in his world.

Freemasonry is about brotherhood. But not just brotherhood between mason and mason. It's about brotherhood between the whole of mankind. Some people look at us and think that because they are outside our fraternity, they will never be a part of us. That is not true. We are you.

Yes, we make mistakes. But you've got to remember that the goal that we are searching for is not something that is easily attainable. It is the ultimate goal and that trancends our present capabilities. It's still not in our reach. There are going to be slip ups on the way too.
We are young and yet old. We have learnt much yet are still learning. We are not the ancient society in the context that most believe us to be. In terms of recent history we are ancient. But in terms of when mankind achieved awareness and the instinct for survival and when we started to look for the goal, we are relatively new.

We are not about throwing symbols and history about for sinister purposes. We use those mediums to illustrate to our members what we hope to achieve and they work well. One day you will see exactly what we see and you will discover that our intentions are pure and simple there is no evil intent. That day WILL happen. That is the day that I will cease to be a freemason because the fraternity will have been overtaken by something bigger and better that encompasses all of us.

I look forward to that day.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I would just like to add that I'm no recruiter for masonry here. This is a forum and I have not tried to write something with propaganda purposes. Those are my beliefs as I understand them from being a mason. They are my own words. I'm no mug. I don't toe a line without a good reason and like a lot of masons I look long and hard at what we do and why we do it.

I'm there for you to shoot me down. But remember that if you are shooting at me, you are not shooting at masonry. My beliefs could be totally wrong. I don't believe that they are, as I wouldn't have put them up there otherwise. But there is always that possibility.

After all, life is one big conspracy ain't it?

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prez
All my life, my mother has told me that she felt that the only reason she was brought into this world was so she could have me, to do something great for the world

LOL
That sounds familiar

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by Liberator]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Masonry makes a good man better.

I've seen drunks, liars and thieves not to mention untrustworthy adulterers wearing the ring.

I'm unimpressed.

But, if you feel you need to join a club, its as good as any other. Not for me, though. I have no need to join a club that demands secrecy. If it was so positive and good then it would want good, positive things to not be secretive, right? That's what I'm guessing.

If there is anything to any of the conspiratorial notions, the rank and file members wouldn't have the first clue about anything bad and those in the inner circle sure aren't going to come to this board and spill their guts. Don't get me wrong, this would be the best board at which to spill the beans, I just don't think they'll do that.

I've got a couple clubs to which I belong, work and family, and I have no need of joining another one.

I appreciate your beliefs, Leveller, and your pro-masonic position has been the most credible one to date, in my opinion. I'm glad you aren't trying to recruit, we couldn't stand another recruiter at this board. You'd be alot more effective than FM/Hkot/ *LOL* "The Master" *Wipes away the tear brought upon by intense laughter*

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There are other organizations that require an oath to keep their secrets, not knowing what those secrets are. You join for life. You swear blood oaths.

The Mafia

Hells Angels, etc

KKK

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
All on my list of groups not to join.

Whatever happened to the Kiwanas club?

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
All I can say is that you don't know what you're TRULY getting into by joining the Masons. To say that you do would be arrogant considering the fact that you don't really know $hit until you study for at least 20 or 30 years. They might also purposely mislead lower degree Masons that they feel are not worthy of carrying out their plans.

The Masons hold much esoteric knowledge. Knowledge is power and that's why they run the world. They got alot of their knowledge from the Babylonian and Egyptian mystery schools.

I myself am attracted to the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.

Thing is, is that I don't trust anyone that would make me swear on my life. I would feel like I'm selling my soul.

And though the Masons have the ability to decipher the mysteries of nature and underlying mathematical principles of things; it can be used for "good" or "evil". From what I can see; they're using it to control people.

The ironic thing is that though the world is in it's current state because of white supremacy; the Masons got their knowledge from the original black/brown man.

Peace

[Edited on 5-21-2003 by BuddhaCession]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kai-Raega
Well, I'm no Freemason, but I suggest that your first order of business is to not declare your allegiances on this board, of all places.

Kinda makes this pretty hard to believe, doesn't it?

Prez: I was asking a conspiracy website what I should do to efficiently rise in your ranks Mr. Mason

Mr. Mason: Turn around.

(Lifts up Prez's underwear and gives him a monster Wedgie)

All Masons in attendance: (Laughter ensues)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join