It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Ohio high school on lockdown amid standoff with student

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

An Ohio high school is on lockdown amid a standoff with a student that has a gun, authorities say. A Toledo Public Schools spokesman told the Toledo Blade that the student is contained inside a classroom at Scott High School. Police said the gunman is 15 years old, the newspaper reported

Source

Reports on the police scanner had police being called to the school about 9:30 a.m. today on reports of someone with a gun in the school's hallway. School administrators are asking that parents do not come to the school to pick up their children.

Source 2
edit on 2122013 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

edit on 2122013 by Snarl because: Fixes

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yikes... That's a little too close to home. I'm about an hour away from there.

Now that I have school aged children, stories like this take on a whole new meaning, especially being so close.

Hopefully no one is hurt.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I live in Toledo although I'm at work in a neighboring community at the moment. Our public schools here are notorious and apparently getting worse. I hope this is resolved without injury.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I am certainly with you there.

The holidays are no time for this kind of trouble.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Whew ... Looks like it's already over.

Source

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Private schools and home schools are sounding better and better. Of course no school is perfect. Hopefully he didn't kill his parents before he went to school.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

He had a pellet gun. So if he did shoot his parents, he would have gave them a wealt, and it would have hurt, really bad.

But the cops did get him back by shooting him in the foot with a bean bag.

All kidding aside, parenting is what teaches kids to know right and wrong. When something like this happens, the ball was dropped many many times.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
How is this even possible? The school is a "Gun-free zone" so guns aren't even permitted there. Either this guy didn't get the memo or the magical anti-crime shield installed by the liberals failed.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

As long as he didnt shoot anyone's eye out, that's all that matters.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

catfishjoe
reply to post by network dude

As long as he didnt shoot anyone's eye out, that's all that matters.

Did Santa give him the gun?

No, wait, come to think about it, that was BB gun in that story.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Snarl
Whew ... Looks like it's already over.

Source

Holy Toledo ! So glad no one is hurt.
His programmers forgot to mention which gun to grab. Bozos.
edit on 2-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

TPS spokesperson Patty Mazur says this was an isolated event and students were safe because teachers followed the proper safety protocol.

GLAD EVERYONE INCLUDING THE SUSPECT are ALL OK. However, I'm going to call B$ on that statement.

The truth is , LUCK had more of an impact than PR oriented proper safety protocols.

Now, I'm not anti guns and I think guns are a valuable tool in keeping criminals in check, but had he had a REAL gun AND pulled it out and used it, no protocol would have helped.

The reason this country is going down fast is because politically correct B$ and PR statements that borderline on lying to parents and consumers alike, from gov't agencies to public corporations. Nobody speaks the truth anymore especially gov't entities hence we can't really fix the problem.

The problem when a school shooting happens is not because of a gun its because at minimum :
1. Parents aren't prosecuted for allowing their kids to get a gun and taking it to school.
2. Mental issues not being properly diagnosed or caught.
3. Anti social concerns not being flagged or addressed by parents and schools alike.
4. Parents of kids with history of bullying aren't held accountable for their kids actions.

I guess its easier to blame guns (as I'm sure the MSM will spin it to sell more ammo at a higher profit point) despite the not to long ago incident involving cookware and a back pack.

edit on 2-12-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

It was an isolated event meaning ?

It isn't government sponsered terror.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This typifies the kind of overreaction to expect from the MSM.
The school and police acted properly but the media has to sensationalize every last event with a gun in a public place.
Just glad it wasn't a chicken finger pistol.
Those can be deadly if ingested.

top topics

join