It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family returns home from visiting dying relative to find stranger has moved into their house, change

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

It's pretty simple, really. They don't need courts and attorneys and all that crap, they just need a pair of 'nads, and maybe a coroner. All they really need to do is say "this is my house, don't give a damn what paperwork you filed in your kangaroo court. If you come through my door, I will shoot you too dead to stink. Have a nice day, and get the hell off my lawn".

Problem solved.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How much more can we take before we lash out? How can our laws protect these people? Is our system that screwed? YES IT IS.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I cry foul on the part of the injured parties attorney and the state for not kicking that man out of their home and summarily arresting him for burglary in a very timely fashion...

The non-use of an easement for 22 years was insufficient alone, to raise the issue of intent to abandon (Strauch v. Coastal State Crude Gathering Co., 424 S.W. 2d 677).

The failure to remove oil field equipment was not technically abandoned, even though it remained unused on the leased premises for four years after the lease expired (Morgan v. Fox, 536 S.W. 2d 644).

Similarly, the failure to maintain and repair property will not in itself establish abandonment. However, it is admissible evidence.

A summary of abandonment was presented in the case of Anson v. Arnett, 250 S.W. 2d 450. “To abandon is to give up, desert, or to relinquish voluntarily and absolutely. The question of abandonment is one of fact to be determined in each case from all the evidence in the record. “An essential element of abandonment is the intention to abandon and such intention must be shown by clear and satisfactory evidence. Abandonment may be shown by circumstances, but they must disclose some definite act showing intention to abandon. The non-use of a right is not sufficient in itself to show abandonment, but if the failure to use is long, continued and unexplained, it gives rise to an inference of intention to abandon.”

Source

edit on 2-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Imma guessing that this will end, unless the police try to protect him, in his punk-ass in a 6 foot hole. Let his dumb-ass come try that crap with me...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'd become friends with him, then take him on a trip to the woods. Somewhere remote, where loud sounds won't be heard by anyone.
I probably would be livid at someone who took ownership over my home to the point of just wanting to strangle them.

The family should act as sovereign citizens in return, he can't keep an eye on all the properties he took.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Always read about these things happening every so often. One can only guess what they would do if it happens to you.

But then again, people go missing every day.

Just saying..

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'd love a new pet to voluntarily move into my home - it wouldn't be leaving... EVER!

I'd squeeze it and squeeze it and squeeze it until I was sick for being so innocent and cute in its total stupidity!

No coroners needed in my house or law-suits. No one would know he was under the floorboards...

Fritzl Ain't got nothing on me!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Not often do I actually wish death upon another human, but in this case....I'd like to see cruel and unusual punishment applied liberally. Grrrrr!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

olaru12
If you are paying property taxes, you are paying the phone and utility bills; how can anyone claim that property is theirs. Doesn't make sense!!!
edit on 2-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

I got a friend with an elderly mother who up & left her home to him & moved into a retirement community.....she kept the MORTGAGE in her name, but put the tax account in his, & he payed all the utilities , since they were all in his name for over 15 years...long story short, she tried to hold the house over his head, basically do what I say...yadayada...getting nutty in her old age....she didn't even receive mail at that home. She was getting it at her retirement home. Here's the kicker...LAWYER said, since taxes for home are coming out of HIS account, and EVERY utility is in his name, AGAIN FOR 15 YEARS, his psycho mother basically abandoned the house...lol....best part, the old lady might get in trouble for voters fraud. Pretending she still lives in two TOWNS & voting twice!!! That's NOT GOOD!!! I will never understand how a mother could be so manipulative towards her own child, & the older she gets, it gets so much worse.....glad the lawyer stepped in....don't know if it's like that in every state?????

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'd plant about 50 kilos of coke and then "anonymously" tip off the green team.
They'd be in prison I'd break in and take my # back, filing the same paperwork with the court.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
TIL in America you can just claim you are a souvereign citizen and obey or disobey laws as you want....
How is it possible that he can claim this house as abandoned when electricity and phone and so on was always paid in time and by the right owner? This would cleary show it was not abandoned

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

wmd_2008

Unity_99
To me this is being done by someone sanctioned by PTB and black ops to make sovereign movements look bad.

In any case, I would have some big mean people remove him and slap him with an enormous law suit for all the things missing. He'd be in jail in the end.

YOUR answer to everything is the PTB any proof of your claim NO, like most posts you make.

Yes, because I know what they or a large group of them, is up to. And its not nice. Once the real world collapsed and the news became agenda, I pay attention and note patterns, and look for them, and can see both forest and trees, super fast, my brain correlates information very fast.

This is what I said, even if you can't see it. If more were aware and erred on the side of conspiracy and corruption, with the data out, their agendas released, read and clear, things would change, and if there was ever an error, on a specific topic, they earned the worst being thought all along. Not given the best, they have earned this.

edit on 2-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
What an unimaginable Nightmare ! Like many others, my first reaction is that this "pimple on the devils ass" would be removed by FORCE ! How can this "quiet claim" even be approved without ABSOLUTE PROOF the home has indeed been abandoned ?

The article didn't make it clear whether this home was in foreclosure, but I suspect that is a factor based on some limited knowledge of how that works if the bank sells the loan to a 3rd party, but anyways, the home does still belong to the owner UNTIL they sign over the deed and or sell it. Remember this if you ever find yourself in foreclosure, it's important to know!

How sad, 21 years worth of belongings and personal papers, photos, etc. just gone, even if they manage to reclaim the home. No words can really express how bad I feel for these people.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

All I have to say is what constitutional rights are going to be taken away.

Keep your eyes and ears open, This will not be good for our neighbors to the south.

Its weird... if these laws have existed for so long, why is this the only time we have heard about something like this.

PS...

I guess everyone on ats is a racist bigot because we question our government(s). I don't know about you, but every "SOVEREIGN CITIZEN" I have ever met/known/still know are not racist. How do you go from talking about some squatter and relating it to racial problems that happened 30-40 years ago. That is like saying the cold war caused the death of ohsama binladin or saying that the Hindenburg blew up because of the war of 1812. Im sorry but this person just labeled us all, Judged us all with a biased uneducated remark.

That pisses me off, they ruined a perfectly good article with that weak, cheap shot of a paragraph.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
All that means is nobody has scared this asshole bad enough

As far as I'm concerned - anything you'd consider doing to a burglar would be fair game when dealing with this guy. It's my house & you just came in uninvited.

Some idiot down here tried that crap last year & the courts already arrested & charged him.
Bet the same thing happens with this guy...

If not, then I guess I'll have to stop paying my mortgage cause it obviously doesn't really matter.

ETA: Justice has been served...at least for now...

edit on 3-12-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Once we were having a bit of difficulty with some new neighbors on a bordering property to our own. We decided those problems needed to stop, and he was the one to declare war. My son and his friend were expert marksmen, with his friend winning national championships consistently...(he ended up joining the marines and dying before he was 21 sadly) and of course they had their cute little toys, night vision goggles and gorilla suits and the like along with their guns. (I'm sure everyone knows how boys are)

Everyone thought we were gone one weekend and, to make a long story short, we never once had another problem again with our neighbor. Very nice and pleasant neighbor he became.

It is too bad that these people do not have someone who can scare the daylights out of this man who is squatting on their property.
edit on 3-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Oh good, now hopefully he will go to jail. Forever.
edit on 3-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

So you got an extra million or so laying around to buy huge quantities of illegal drugs to plant now? It must be nice to be you

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I never understood the concept of "squater´s rights "

You have no rights if you are dead...and if you tried this on me, I would kill you and deal with the consequences later...but you would still be dead....and my home wouldnt be yours anymore?????
edit on 12 3 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Aren’t they technically trespassing? Can’t you remove them with force? edit - maybe i should read the whole story, im guesing the deeds were changed.

I know we get squatters here in the UK, but never heard of anything like this happening.. how horrible!

reminds me on an episode on the Simpsons where some gypsies take their house

rgds Jay
edit on 3-12-2013 by ototheb85 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2013 by ototheb85 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join