It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Parallel Universes Explain The Déjà Vu Phenomenon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
As a child I had many events that I would call déjà vu into my early teen years, but very few in my adult years.
I remember reading a article many years ago about young children having psychic abilities and loosing them as we age.

In recent years, as more scientists began studying this phenomenon, a number of theories about déjà vu have emerged, suggesting that it is not merely a glitch in our brain's memory system.

www.riseearth.com...-MSkoeo

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I've also wondered about this...like a multiverse type 3. Every possible life is lived all at once? Maybe we cross paths like multiverse type #2..the membranes pass through one another for even split seconds of time..giving us a glimpse into our 'other' lives??? who knows?

I like ASAP science descriptions....

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I would guess that there was more chance of some gifted people being able to read information stored in things. I would think that anything with a crystal would be able to store info. Remember that even sand is a crystal and there are crystals in metals a lot of times. Metal is more of a conductor though, something that could help release the information from the crystal. Our minds being able to interpret this information would be important.

Say you touched something and found yourself in a situation where things looked familiar. Someone was down this road before and saw what you saw. It could also be a link to another person's consciousness, someone who experienced it before.

This is just a wild guess, something I have been pondering on for years. Man is always trying to figure things out without reading the instructions first....could it be that he is trying to read information to assemble it from the thing he is trying to assemble, someone who knew how to fix it may have left a copy of their knowledge there or a link to their mind. Trouble is that nowadays unless you think in Chinese, you won't be able to translate this info

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I'm on the fence on this one , part of me thinks there may be something more to Déjà Vu than the brain spasm theory but then again it is the most likely explanation , but I think just because we can replicate it in a lab doesn't mean that there isn't an external source triggering it .

I too had several episodes of Déjà Vu when I was younger and one in particular had such a strong effect on me I still remember it in detail today , it is the strangest feeling and could indeed be an indication of something dimensional or time related occurring

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

When you are young, your mind is more open to things. As we get conditioned to believe only in what others say is real, our minds filter out more of these things. Another words, we ignore what others say isn't real even though it may be, just to fit into a society where others live.
edit on 2-12-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

gortex

... there may be something more to Déjà Vu than the brain spasm theory but then again it is the most likely explanation ,

but I think just because we can replicate it in a lab doesn't mean that there isn't an external source triggering it .

i have long held the notion that every individual's Soul is present in every Multi-Verse Dimension,,

so We might be human in this dimension but perhaps another creature with a 1,000 year lifespan in other dimensions--- but all linked by the single 'Soul'

DeJaVu may come about when there is a 'snag' in the silver cord which links all the different lifeforms our Soul's inhabit in these 10 -or- even 100 parallel universes-or-dimensions

this 'Soul' chord linking our individual but vastly different 'selves' gave rise to the act of reincarnation and eternal life belief systems

when one's Soul leaves the body of the entity in any of the parallel universes-dimensions your person here on this plane of existence will receive the shock or snap to their wakeful Psyche we call a DeJaVu experience

that's what i think in the easiest way to explain... thanks gortex for the segeway
edit on 2-12-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
for me, it is something along the lines of being a moment, were we are aware for an instant, of being in the same situation in a past life, perhaps to aid us in making a better decision this time. just my theory really.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
At every point in "4D space" we have a very high number of alternate "world lines" that are very close to us. We should not be surprised to find that some amount of cognition of it is possible. I imagine this chance at alternate cognition diminishes with time but of course there are different hypothesis for the nature of time.

I've thought a lot about deja vu and my belief is that our dreams which include projections of what could happen, sometimes match what actually happens. The patten match is sufficiently strong and it causes the brain to be confused for a moment. I believe it's a similar feeling to a magic trick or an optical illusion.

Dreaming is poorly understood, but then again, so is reality.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The way I explain Dejà Vu has to do with how we humans are limited by perception. The Universe probably exists, but no man can be absolutely 100% sure since our nous and conscience is limited by the bio-robots we are connected to and control with our nous and soul-- our bodies. If you observe a plane flying across the sky there is a delay of nearly half a second from the moment it happens until the moment the brain is able to render it to your third eye. This gap is causing most Dejà Vu's, I believe, that we sometimes realize reality before our brains are able to render it from our vast amount of senses operating through different neurotransmitters and synapses causing us to get the feeling of Dejà Vu. Anyway. By the time your brain renders the plane in your mind, it has perhaps moved several miles in real space.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Utnapisjtim because: Added the bit about bio-robots+typo

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I always felt it was some burst of info as to tell you the path your on. When I was 18-20 I would get them and they would cause great anxiety. I remember one after I moved out of state I totally froze. It was like I got it but I didn't. In recent time I have got them but less frequent and the. Very last one also made me uncomfortable like I was shown this but couldn't figure out if. It was a thought, dream, day dream or earlier déjà vue experience. However. I felt I am suppose to be where I am at the moment. I just hope I am a good gauge of these if I am right.

top topics

join