It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon plans to use aerial drones to deliver packages via a new Prime Air service,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I found this very interesting. Amazon.com plans to deliver packages to customers using unmanned aerial vehicles in 30 minutes or less.

“It looks like science fiction, but it’s real,” Amazon said on its website. Its Prime Air service, powered by drones, will be ready from a technology point of view to enter commercial operations as soon as the necessary regulations are in place, it said. The company’s research and development team is already working on the new delivery method.

Amazon.com is testing delivering packages using drones, CEO Jeff Bezos said on the CBS TV news show 60 Minutes Sunday.

The idea would be to deliver packages as quickly as possible using the small, unmanned aircraft, through a service the company is calling Prime Air, the CEO said.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
ATS needs a "gullible" subforum where these things can be put.

(As well as the "already posted, why dont you do a search next time" subforum)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Sorry did a search, nothing came up.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

What exactly did you search for. I searched for 'amazon drones' and got this first thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Wonder how much more insurance they will need.
Crashed drones destroying property killing people.
Lost merchandise when folks shoot down the drones.
People saying they never received the merchandise. Even when they did.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Sorry dude it's true. Was on the Today show just this morning . Google it if you continue to doubt.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
So once drones become common place and we see them everywhere delivering everything. What then stops people from delivering anything I could think of many highly valuable substances that could be flown in nd out. And what stops me from doing free shopping and shooting down the damn things on route to said customer. Imagine all the surprises you could just drop outta the sky.

I say dammit amazon bring it on going to get a higher power pellet gun, no sound and look what I found LoL

SaneThinking

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It's not even 1st April !

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

In a somewhat related side story about flying things and shotguns.... Did you know that Macy's used to let the balloons from the Thanksgiving parade go at the end of the show? Yes they did and they offered a reward of $100.00 to anyone who returned one. Many were returned full of holes as children tried to shoot them down with air rifles (Ralphie you'll shoot your eye out era) . They continued the practice until 1936 when one floated high enough to become entangled in a planes wings causing a crash.
Which brings up the issue of other aircraft sharing airspace with Amazon lackeys.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

That I didn't think of what height would these be flying at how many end up in trees due to wind, are we going to have to have drone traffic controllers. But in all honesty first one comes past my house gonna be like chasing the end of a rainbow for the gold. Or just train my dog to pick up downed ones LoL

SaneThinking

top topics

join