It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope on the End times persecution of Christians & the meaning of the Desecration of the Temple

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

How many different sects and branches are there in Christianity again? Apparently there are over 41,000 different denominations of Christianity , or as I would like to call it : interpretations. Seems to me if 'Gods" word was so concrete, there wouldn't be such a huge and vast variety of perception.

What you have is something merely subjective , and since there is not much cohesiveness ...seems like it was falling apart all by itself from the getgo. You all can't even come up with a common theme. How are you going to claim that our god is the one true god when you cant agree on what this god apparently did, wants..will do etc .....apparently I can just go off and make my own interpretation anyway. So go ahead and feel persecuted if you want, for people merely making observations of all the inconsistencies and realizing that is all merely subjective and don nothing more than one persons influence over enough impressionable minds to declare their own sect/denomination ..........and call it truth.

edit on 2-12-2013 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The early Christians were expecting Christ to come back soon after his ascension so in fact, we have been waiting for the End of Times, for over 2000 years.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

You made my day with the news about Dylan setting up Messianic Temples. I was disturbed by several youtube videos that made him appear to be in league with the devil. I have a friend in the UK who knows him and she tried to convince me otherwise, but I was still skeptical as she hadn't talked with him in years.

I just saw that he did a concert in Israel in 2011. Something he loves to do in concerts is change the lyrics.
Since it relates to this topic, I am posting it;

Jesus said, “Be ready
For you know not the hour in which I come”
Jesus said, “Be ready For you know not the hour in which I come”
He said, “He who is not for Me is against Me” Just so you know where He’s coming from

The lyrics he sang on Monday night included this new line:

Jesus is calling,
He’s coming back to gather up his jewels
Jesus is calling,
He’s coming back to gather up his jewels
We living by the golden rule, whoever got the gold rules

maozblog.com...

edit on 12/2/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Jefferton
The fact that Christians persecute EVERYONE that isn't in their little club, then cry and moan about being persecuted, makes me really not care.

That's funny. I don't murder or torture you if you're not a believer. Ignorant people do not know what the meaning of "persecute" means. In context of the scriptures, persecution entails imprisonment and or torture followed by a gruesome, slow and painful execution for your belief in Christ. Anything else is just someone being an asshole.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

“It will be like the triumph of the prince of this world: the defeat of God.”

I like the sound of it already. What comes next? The rise of humanism? The birth of transhumanism?

edit on 2-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
sound familiar?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I think your take on it is too literal...

and the poster after you must think Christianity is the only religion in the world? nothings changed, the planet is 98% theistic. It is an evolutionary process on becoming an adult.

atheism's numbers haven't changed since antiquity, it is limited to a small group of extremists who do not value inter communication with the diversities of peoples on the planet.

population has increased quite a bit too since 2 A.D.

www.census.gov...
edit on nd000513p11u05R00 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Because we can put our trust in the psychological foundation and stability of a congressman who believes that humans and dinosaurs used to coexist, right?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Because we can put our trust in the psychological foundation and stability of a congressman who believes that humans and dinosaurs used to coexist, right?

is this some kind of extremist attack to defend your position? an intellectual bigotry so prevalent in your minority sect.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about... and a person can believe what they want to believe if their actions show them to be Just and Righteous.

you can even be a good respecting and honorable Satanist and I personally wouldn't care... it's just the immature tease from the atheists which shows their values and respect they have for others.

atheists are not scientists nor scientific, they are children who think they know more than their parents.
edit on nd102813p1100000028R10 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about... and a person can believe what they want to believe if their actions show them to be Just and Righteous.

Well, that's game over for the White House then.

you can even be a good respecting and honorable Satanist and I personally wouldn't care... it's just the immature tease from the atheists which shows their values and respect they have for others amongst their minority.

I like to imagine a truce between Christianity and Satanism, because they are each a reflection of something inside of us. We can imagine transcending our animal nature, but we're not. And we're caught between ambition and capacity. Maybe if we weren't trying so hard to be one thing and one thing only, we could learn to spice it up some and learn about ourselves by following the swing of our inner pendulum. You don't get smarter by just sitting still. You have to move. And the most interesting journeys never happened while following a paved road with a map.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I could care less about satanism... if they compete with their philosophy on an equal playing field and they prove themselves more beneficial to mankind so be it, they would then become the dominant philosophy.

atheism has had a much longer time to compete... but it's a dead beat, the minority is unchanged for thousands of years even with population increases.

Other philosophies have grown at an incalculable rate.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I could care less about satanism... if they compete with their philosophy on an equal playing field and they prove themselves more beneficial to mankind so be it, they would then become the dominant philosophy.

Why does it always have to be about dominance?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Theism doesn't equal religion... but this is how the atheistic mind works.

they are easy to judge and try to generalize beliefs as religious practices, and it's an old trick.

I have no religion that I am aware of except maybe music, I practice it almost religiously... I have only beliefs, which are founded on the rock solid philosophy of love.

weak minds can be offensive yes, I have to agree with the atheist there

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Why does it always have to be about dominance?

because the filth you peddle is unjust...

I refuse to remain silent! I answer only to God... and you can take that to the bank.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Huh. How is it unjust?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The filth Christanity has peddled gets me mad....be a good person all your life, help others, believe in a God but do not accept Jesus.

BURN IN HELL!!!.

Your religions peddle fear, fear of other cultures fear of being different.
Pfft.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Huh. How is it unjust?

it is dishonorable and disrespectful... it is not a way to develop a dialogue.

do you realize how many different people are on the planet?

I love my country, and the greater the opposition the greater the strengthening of my faith... we do very good here, with a mosque right next to a church, which is right next to the Buddhist temple that is sitting across the street from the Hindu temple.

we talk... we share food and ideas and philosophies about the origins of life and the evolution of man and the spirit of consciousness.

your communistic philosophy is but a subversion which we have seen before, it's nothing new.
edit on nd504813p11u48R50 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

boymonkey74
BURN IN HELL!!!.

trust me... they don't want to put me in hell

the Catholic church has a place for me... but I'm not affiliated with any religion.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

your communistic philosophy is but a subversion which we have seen before, it's nothing new.

So now I'm a communist? How's that?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'll let you research that topic and make the connection on your own...

please respect others, your ideas are not the only truth in this world.

edit on nd290113p12u01R29 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join