It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange night for both of us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Hi everyone.

This is a bit of a weird topic for me. While the paranormal does interest me I never really spend any time in this section of ATS or commenting on any posts here.

However last night was a strange night for me and my girlfriend.

During the 2 and a half years we have been together I have never known her to move in her sleep. Only the usual turning over to lie on her other side. She isn't a sound sleeper with most nights for her consisting of broken sleep.

Last night though i believe we both had significantly bad nightmares which have unsettled me a little.

She doesn't remember having a bad dream but on 3 occasions i was woken up by her making some unusual and erratic movements in her sleep. Jolting around as if someone had hold of her and she was trying to escape their grip.

she has never done anything like this before.

On top of that I had an extremely strange dream to which I had no control over as sometimes I've noticed that when I can realize I am in a dream I can sometimes control it.

My dream was about me seeing things that others couldn't see. People appearing from nowhere, walking through walls and then denying it when I asked them about it. Doors leading to strange places, regular scenery changes and people just behaving extremely unnaturally in a way I cant really explain however nobody seemed to see what I was seeing or think anything unusual was going on at all. It was quite scary and while I was dreaming I had a constant feeling that no matter where I looked or which way I went something strange and scary was going to be happening.

I found myself becoming angry and aggressive in my dream and everytime I reached a certain level of anger a quick flash of some sort of monster/demon face would appear. Just for a second. then be gone again.

The strangest thing is, this dream woke me up 2 or 3 times throughout the night and every time I went back to sleep the same dream continued. I have never really experienced that before.

Usually when I have a bad dream i dont think much of it once I wake up

I just find that particular dream quite unnerving especially with the fact that I went through it several times in one night after waking up. Then my girlfriend's erratic behavior in her sleep was also unusual.

I've been thinking about it since I woke up and thought I would see what other people have to say about it on here.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Some psychologists believe repeated dreams are the subconscious, or 'higher self', trying to tell us something.
Going on that theory, it would appear that you are developing a deeper sense of humanity - human nature is becoming more transparent. The anger part? Well, anger does tend to turn one into a 'monster'.

I think the dream is 'awakening' something in you that needs to be acknowledged. It seems to be a very personal message.
Those with a paranormal perspective might posit that the' veil' is being lifted, and you are getting a glimpse of the 'unseen' world.
Carl Jung said nothing important in life happens that we don't dream about first.
To have affected you so strongly would suggest that it carries a very important message. You could try asking what ever higher power you believe in for clarification before you go to sleep at night.
Hope that helps some,
Nugget

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I would just chalk it up as an unusual dream state, sometimes continuation dreams occur.
I've had one a couple months ago, Every dream to me is also a learning experience.
I learn from it and then think if I should dream something like this again I would actually act or do something completely different.
It sounds to me like maybe you have some stress, it could be as little as holiday season related. It's your minds way of clearing it's self
edit on 2-12-2013 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2013 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

interesting. What about my girlfriend making sudden erratic movements in her sleep? something she has never done before but did it 3 times last night

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Maybe her new fella likes her to move around more and she's unconsciously doing it with you in her sleep.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

How long have you lived at this place? Have you noticed any "unusual" activity here before?
Have you been visited by anyone in your home who could have been followed by some type of negative being?
Anyone been upset with you lately that could have put a bad spell on you? Any activity with a spirit board?

What did you and your girlfriend have for dinner that night? Food can affect our sleep, or lack thereof.

I would like to hear the answers to these questions to come to a better conclusion.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I second sled's comment.

Until we get all of those basic questions out of the way, we can only analyze them as dreams.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

sled735

How long have you lived at this place? Have you noticed any "unusual" activity here before?
Have you been visited by anyone in your home who could have been followed by some type of negative being?
Anyone been upset with you lately that could have put a bad spell on you? Any activity with a spirit board?

What did you and your girlfriend have for dinner that night? Food can affect our sleep, or lack thereof.

I would like to hear the answers to these questions to come to a better conclusion.

Lived here for about a year never seen anything unusual happening. The only visitors we get are usual friends and family.

I dont really believe in negative beings if im honest.

I dont really know anyone who does spells or witchcraft i havnt p!ssed anyone off lately as far as im aware. But again I dont believe in spells and voodoo.

eerrm, I think we both had chicken fillets and chips (fries). And I eat that every week.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Then, I guess it was just a dream. Must have been something your mind needed you to figure out if you re-started it three times. I hope your sub-consciousness got it worked out!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Silicis n Volvo
reply to post by nugget1

interesting. What about my girlfriend making sudden erratic movements in her sleep? something she has never done before but did it 3 times last night

Sudden erratic movements in sleep are not uncommon at all. You may have missed other times when your girlfriend exhibited this behavior. Dream continuation is also common. The imagery, and the fact that you both had a rough night might make it seem like something larger is at work. The only thing that resonated with the paranormal is that some parts of your experience sound like abduction scenarios; the people coming through walls stood out the most. If the experience does not repeat, I wouldn't worry about it too much. And remember that alcohol and pharmaceuticals can aggravate and or create disturbing sleep disorders.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Would it be fair to state you're not an overly emotional person? I've had a few dreams where the dream itself wakes me up similar to yours but I go back to sleep and slip right back into the storyline although sometimes the background may change.

I've also had a series of dreams that continued over a 3 night span while aboard a cruise ship.

I have no doubt my mind is trying to process things and I plenty of thoughts in the waking world that need working out. Sometimes I think I get the meaning, other times not. Thus far, best I can tell whatever difference came from understanding the dream was marginal at best. That said, when you have such a profound dream its best to at least acknowledge it.
edit on 7-12-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join