It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand writes huge rant about The Sun and Murdoch in The Guardian.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Thank you for providing the most intelligent, well-written response to a thread that I have ever seen on ATS--or maybe the whole internet for that matter.

I presume you are a writer.

If not, you are doing the world a disservice.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Fantastic response!

By long read, I didn't mean, "Oh its over 2 paragraphs that means it will take more than 20 seconds to read", I meant that if people are at work, or at busy, this may take a little longer than the average online news story.

I didn't mean some literary meaning buy it.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Its funny, a corporate owned press could literally say anything they like about anyone on the front pages and the majority of their readers would believe it. Yet if its proved incorrect or false the tiny story retracting it will barely get noticed.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Horus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Thank you Brace22. I love Russell Brand. How he has truly been awaken by TPTB.

I follow him on Twitter and with the artikel from "The Guardian" Is truly Spot On, on a sick agenda from TPTB.

I also thougt alot about Russell brand Joined the 5 th of Nov Anonymeus, in London ( def in UK )

That was a clear sign of Him going Aganist the NWO / TPTB

They forever print tabloid tales of benefit cheats on the swindle, which is bad – I used to do it – but the reality that we lose £1bn a year on all benefit fraud combined, and £25bn on tax avoidance and evasion by big companies and the super rich is seldom reported. Why don't we read that story in the Sun? Perhaps it's because, as Rupert said in his private email, the Sun would "continue to fight for its beliefs". Of course, the Sun believes in an easy ride for big corporations – it is a big corporation, Newscorp is one of the biggest there is. Plus they get £35,000 per page for the corporate ads they carry for Tescos, Vodafone, British Gas, O2, corporations within the incestuous family of business, media and government that grow corpulent together. It is common slither from parliament to a position on the board of a big company, or to creep from a tabloid role into a position advising leaders of a sleazy government. All operate within the cosy, loophole-laden system that advances their feudal interests and penalises the rest of us, at a time of ardently imposed austerity.

These organisations want us dumb and full of junk, in our bellies and our brains. The Sun boast on their website that they give advertisers unique access to their "market", that's you and your family, because as Murdoch says, they are trusted.

We know they're all pals, who head up governments, newspapers and big businesses, who hobnob together and horse-ride together.

Observe the companies that advertise on their tainted pages and let them know that we notice their allegiances. When they start to lose enough money, when enough of us come together and confront our real enemies, not the imaginary ones that they select, then perhaps the sun will go down and tomorrow we might see clearly, in the light of a new dawn.

What Deep inside scared me the most is that. Here in Denmark. Our governemt have been saying fore Years that Denmark Would NOT survive if we demand tax on the largest companies Danish and foreign. because they just want to move companies and work places abroad.

Its a NWO agenda LIE.... Because if all West countries stood together Aganist the NWO / TPTB we could save more People's Then. Just Continue too make The elite richer and the poor poorer. By telling the same old Lies. We have been feed since childhood!!!!!!!

I had it with NWO / TPTB / the Elite / Banks !!!!!!!!!!
edit on 4-12-2013 by kadara_dk because: Add more from Russell Brand Rant

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Horus12

Its funny, a corporate owned press could literally say anything they like about anyone on the front pages and the majority of their readers would believe it. Yet if its proved incorrect or false the tiny story retracting it will barely get noticed.

Not sure what "corporate press" is, but it's quite common in Britain for our newspapers to publish stories that have no basis in fact. The Daily Express being a good example. They never retract their stories. But often repeat them next week.

As a general rule of thinb, if it's in the papers, it's not true.

As for Russell Brand. This is a rich kid who seeks pubicity at every opportunity. Famous only for being 'infamous' (and for being obsessed with sex). He may have a point, but its no more valid than that of 70m other Britons, and considerably less than many of them.

His opinion is the same as that of Mrs Green at 19a River Street, Newtown. So before you take on board what he says, ask her .....

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

But You and I and others have failet.

You have failet Aganist the NWO agenda. We need People like Russell Brand to stand up Aganist the NWO and more People Will Then open Their Eyes too what the World have become.

And that is what the NWO dosen't Want to happen.

So his "Russell Brand" Words is like a picture. Within One picture thier is 1000 words.

Nobody Cares about the average Joe any more, especially not the sheeps or ells we woulden't have goon so wrong with the World. Where we allmost have a NWO. Its never too late....

Too stand up agansit the TPTB / NWO
edit on 4-12-2013 by kadara_dk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Taggart

Rezlooper
Funny how everybody loves to attack Rupert's media enterprises, but yet, they are all number one all over the world. I doubt that it's because he spreads lies and misinformation, but rather, because his news outlets tell us the truth (maybe not always but much more so than the other rags) and those who don't like that truth being told choose to complain and hate.

I put a similar post on the other thread about Fox News crushing the other guys. Sounds like the Sun is crushing the other guys as well. I believe in Australia, he is also on top, but not quite sure.

Most people who buy newspapers and watch TV news aren't dumb, but are more informed, and I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on knowing which news outlets to read and watch for the most honest news.

I'll bet my paycheck that Russell Brand cheated on his girlfriend and he's a celebrity who likes to spout off at the mouth, so the Sun let him have it. Good for them!

Is this sarcasm?

He is number one because he bought out a lot of his competition.
As for Australia, he is Australian.
The Sun are nothing more than a red top gutter rag, look up Hillsborough disaster and how that relates to the sun.
Look at his Sunday Newspaper that were closed amid phone hacking, you can blame the Editors but you won't find many who think Rupert knows nothing about it.

As for Brand, who cares if he cheated? What does that have to do with anything? Does that make his points less valid.

I get the feeling you are not all that familiar with Mr Murdoch, maybe you are but looka little deeper at how many times he has been caught with his hand in the cookie Jar, his relationships with powerful politicians, how he can pretty much swing an election with his Media companies.
He is one of if not the most dangerous man on the planet.

And how are your feelings about George Soros? He pretty much does the same thing except on the other side of the political fence. But, I bet you don't have many problems with him though. Sounds more like you have these things to say about Rupert because, if he sways an election, it's to the conservative side.

All the haters have their own motives. It's just like myself. I have no love for any of the liberal rags across America, such as the NY Times and the Washington Post, and so many others. I have no love for any of the liberal networks, or CNN and MSNBC. I have no love for any of the liberal websites that claim to represent the news. You have no love for Rupert's media enterprises.

Let's face it folks. What you and I and anyone else on here complaining don't like is what side the of the political fence that news organization represents and that's sad, because, at one time in the not-so-distant past, news organizations were unbiased. Unfortunately, that is no more.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

AndyMayhew

Horus12

Not sure what "corporate press" is, but it's quite common in Britain for our newspapers to publish stories that have no basis in fact. The Daily Express being a good example. They never retract their stories. But often repeat them next week.

As a general rule of thinb, if it's in the papers, it's not true.

As for Russell Brand. This is a rich kid who seeks pubicity at every opportunity. Famous only for being 'infamous' (and for being obsessed with sex). He may have a point, but its no more valid than that of 70m other Britons, and considerably less than many of them.

His opinion is the same as that of Mrs Green at 19a River Street, Newtown. So before you take on board what he says, ask her .....

The Sun is owned by News Corp (so its corporate owned) as with most media.

One story I remember about The Sun, Charlotte Church was asked to perform at Murdoch's wedding and her agent was asked if she wanted £100,000 or coverage in the Sun newspaper and he chose the latter. As she was just turning 16 The Sun ran stories regarding her virginity, morally corrupt yes but it enhanced her career.

Those kind of "you scratch my back" favours can be applied to everyone, especially to one Mr David Cameron.

As for Brand he is selling an old message yes, but his fame will bring it to more people just like that garbage that is The Sun newspaper.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

I remember the first time I saw Russell Brand, when he hosted SNL about a year or so ago. I wondered who in the bleep is this cat.

I immediately disliked the dude.

Now, I stand and cheer! Rock on Russell!! The world could use a few more Russell Brands!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Rezlooper
reply to post by Pinke

I agree with you. Journalism has gone down the tubes but I believe that there is a reason his media enterprises are number one and that's because more people trust them. I'm not saying that they are without flaws, but more reliable than the others.

If people were interested in truth there would be more broadsheet newspapers and equivalent websites making good rather than red top tabloids and other such trash. Further to that if they were really interested niche journals would be in much larger circulation.

We just have to accept sooner or later that your average person has little attention span or time for the truth. We're living in a fantasy land if we think that every person in every democratic country working 9 - 5 is well informed an engaged.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I believe when Murdoch says the words "We are trusted".

What he really means is:

"We are trusted to publish the crap of which the society we have created must feed upon. We are trusted to condemn, be bias and hide the stories that matter to the world at large. We are trusted to use bad grammar (It is becoming much more common). We are trusted to make large corporate tax look bad. We are trusted to make higher tax on the poor look good"

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Rezlooper

And how are your feelings about George Soros? He pretty much does the same thing except on the other side of the political fence. But, I bet you don't have many problems with him though. Sounds more like you have these things to say about Rupert because, if he sways an election, it's to the conservative side.

All the haters have their own motives. It's just like myself. I have no love for any of the liberal rags across America, such as the NY Times and the Washington Post, and so many others. I have no love for any of the liberal networks, or CNN and MSNBC. I have no love for any of the liberal websites that claim to represent the news. You have no love for Rupert's media enterprises.

Let's face it folks. What you and I and anyone else on here complaining don't like is what side the of the political fence that news organization represents and that's sad, because, at one time in the not-so-distant past, news organizations were unbiased. Unfortunately, that is no more.

I think it's more to do with how they are using their power, George Soros gave away $8 Billion dollars to health care, education and human rights. He also helped Hungary have a peaceful transition form communism to capitalism, so he's not a 'commie', to be honest I don't even know why you included him in this argument? Rupurt Murdock: Uses means that are illegal to get stories about politians and supporters of people who are against the people lining his pockets. Geogrge Soros: emptying his pockets to make sure that people across Europe can live better lives.

It isn't about Torries or Labour or Left or Right. It's about one being a power hungry snake and using all his resources to keep his position of un-elected power.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join