It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House of Reps only working 8 days in December

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The House of Reps, whose members make $174,000 plus stipends and benefits each year, will only work 8 days until they adjourn the session on Jan 7th.

That's 239 days off during the 2013 year.

Next year they are working less. They are only scheduled to work 113 days.

How do I get a gig like this?

majorityleader.gov...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rickm

Good! That's the best news I've heard all year. Go home folks!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rickm

I don't understand how those scumbag pieces of # are still alive. I don't get it. This country is in ruins. I would love to rip each and every one of their adams apples out with my bare hands.
edit on 2-12-2013 by jctcle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

rickm

Remember that each day they "work", all they're actually doing is passing more laws to make more and more things illegal.
It would be better if they stayed away 365 days.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

and i could count 25 things in the next 10 minutes they could improve over current law. but they don't care

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Not exactly sticking up for these shills but they "might" do a little work outside of Washington.

Our state senator I've seen many times in local bar/restaurants and while I don't bug him often he is always willing to discuss issues any time of day or night.

So just because they arent in Washington doesnt mean they arent "working" lol....

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

i don't consider being at a restaurant and discussing things as working.
that is pr to getting re-elected.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In the Uk our scum.....sorry lieing pieces of fecal matter.....ooops I mean politicans get the whole summer off..................

They get £66,000, double what most people earn, plus "expenses" and they get most the year off in holidays and they get to screw up us much as they like and know there jobs safe until next election (5 years garenteed job security).

I dont know how we suffer it. There job isnt even that hard or skilled. Sitting in a big room all day talking crap? I could do that!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
i read on "the news" that they only passed 60 some laws this year? i could be off on that number but the reasoning is the same, why do we hire people to make laws that constrict our lives? since laws do little to curb law breakers why should the rest of us have to put up with more control freak laws?

i for one hope they stay home for good because they do no good as it is and can only make life less desirable for the masses. we don't need more laws folks, we need less laws, let them stay home until fired in the upcoming years, because they will be.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
In other news, Congress is setting new lows in accomplishing nothing:

Congress: 'Record-low accomplishment'

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

One of the few idiots in the world who thinks two wrongs make a right..

As with any thread disrespecting the republicans this one will die out. This is a right leaning site..you can tell by all the b**ching and moaning that usually goes on..instead of actually doing anything..the republicans only can complain.

By the way just because you can yell or talk over someone...that does not make you right...hint for the republicans.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

I'm not sure what you are talking about. This thread is talking bad about Congress as a whole, not just Republicans. Why did you just HAVE to take a thread that was non-partisan and make it partisan?
edit on 2-12-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Onslaught2996

I'm not sure what you are talking about. This thread is talking bad about Congress as a whole, not just Republicans. Why did you just HAVE to take a thread that was non-partisan and make it partisan?
edit on 2-12-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

have to agree, partisan is nothing more than an illusion for less intellectual individuals to fall for, nothing more.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

if only all threads on this site were non-partisan.
98% of the political threads on this site are anti-Obama or anti-democrat threads

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

rickm
The House of Reps, whose members make $174,000 plus stipends and benefits each year, will only work 8 days until they adjourn the session on Jan 7th.

That's 239 days off during the 2013 year.

How do I get a gig like this?

majorityleader.gov...

amazing...cut food stamps, and tell those people to go get a job....at the same time, they the R's in the house get paid for 8 months of being off work

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

jimmyx
amazing...cut food stamps, and tell those people to go get a job....at the same time, they the R's in the house get paid for 8 months of being off work

Who are these "R's" of which you speak?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

As with any thread disrespecting the republicans this one will die out. This is a right leaning site..you can tell by all the b**ching and moaning that usually goes on..instead of actually doing anything..the republicans only can complain.

By the way just because you can yell or talk over someone...that does not make you right...hint for the republicans.

You DO know that House of Reps means House of Representatives which comprises 54 Republicans and 45 Democrats and 1 other don't you? It's not the House of Republicans.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

and who runs the House? who sets the calendar?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

intrepid

jimmyx

Who are these "R's" of which you speak?

house republicans...they control when the house is in session, days off, bills brought up to vote on, all aspects of house business, etc....

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

StoutBroux

Onslaught2996

You DO know that House of Reps means House of Representatives which comprises 54 Republicans and 45 Democrats and 1 other don't you? It's not the House of Republicans.

uhmm, hey genius...that's the number of members in the senate, not the house...

top topics

join