It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming and Demon Encounters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Things began normally enough.

I was driving beneath a sunny blue sky, heading into the center of town to the barber. Only when I got to the shop and walked inside, the door was open but the place was deserted. I called out, I checked around, but there wasn't a soul in sight....

And the next time I looked around, there weren't any furnishings, either. No chairs, no mirrors, no tables or counters. The entire store had been stripped bare, cleared from top to bottom as though the occupants had left years ago. Confused by the change, I took another look around.

Then suddenly, the entire length of the store began stretching outward, extending so far into the distance that its furthest point became a dot, a lone convergence point balanced on some impossibly distant horizon. That store had become an infinite hallway; and when I turned to leave, I found that hallway now extending back endlessly in the other direction.

The door outside had gone. Finding myself in a featureless hallway that now extended fore and aft ad infinitum, I considered the situation.

"Cool," I remember thinking, "looks like I'm in another dream."

Lucidity followed the realization, and right away the number of options available expanded to match the length of that hall. Being neither subtle nor new to the dreamscape—I immediately channeled energy from the environment then expanded it outward to destroy the hall.

In a brilliant flash of expanding light and color the hallway dissolved stone by stone, crumbling away until its evisceration left me standing in nothingness, hovering in a pre-dream abyss of dark emptiness, a midnight staging area of absolute void.

I don’t remember exactly what happened next—I lost lucidity for a bit during the dream transition—but I do recall what happened sometime soon after. I found myself in the doorway of another room: a tall, windowed chamber that resembled a study.

Behind me was the void of the pre-dream abyss. In front of me was a stranger.

I studied the man—a paunchy middle-aged sort hiding his sagging frame beneath a baggy tan trenchcoat. Long ago he lost his fight with baldness. Only a few tufts of stringy hair clung desperately around the edges of his perfectly round, pitcher’s mound scalp.

Picture Homer Simpson in clown’s makeup, and you’ll be close.

And beyond losing his physique and hair, he also seemed to be losing his battle with exhaustion. Despite the chalk-white layers of court jester’s makeup powdering his face, he had dark crescents of weary flesh sagging beneath his hazel eyes.

Looking as though he had been awake for days, at first glance he seemed dour, morose. But somewhere deep inside, he seemed to be laughing. Even before I inquired, he offered his name:

“I’m the Dreammaster.”

Taken aback, I stared at him in dismay.

(At this point I should probably digress.)

A week prior, during another lucid dream I had an unexpected encounter with a negative entity. A creature ambushed me while I was engaged in controlling another dream-sequence, and suddenly I went from enjoying myself in the dream to grappling against a tiny creature that appeared from nowhere and lunged at me, seemingly determined to sink its long fangs into my throat.

That one looked like a black voodoo doll with a mouthful of needle-sharp fangs, and when it leaped out at me it caught me completely by surprise. Holding it at bay with one arm, I immediately went on the defensive. Using my dream-control of the environment, I tried to neuter it by making its entire mouthful of fangs vanish.

The creature struggled hard against me. As I applied pressure to change its form, I could feel an apparent counterforce coming from the tiny beast. I could literally feel it applying mental resistance to hold its fangs intact.

Engaged in a battle of wills, a possible struggle for my life, I redoubled my efforts. At last felt a popping, a sliding, a snapping as my version of reality came into being.

Then the now-fangless doll looked at me with an almost comical expression of horror. “Demon!” it cried out accusingly. Then it vanished.

So with that prior encounter in the back of my mind, In the present dreamscape I decided not to wait for the Dreammaster to act first. So I harnessed the exact same energy I used to crumble that hallway, radiated it through the study, and tried to use it to sweep him into oblivion.

Only, against him that light had no effect.

This was unlike anything I’d ever before experienced in the lucid dreamscape. There was no sensation of interaction, as when effectuating typical changes in reality. There was no sense of counter-resistance as there was when combating a lesser negative entity like that doll.

The light just washed over the Dreammaster as though no part of it had touched him, as though he was an immutable part of the dream, an entity utterly beyond my ability to control.

Determined, I tried again and again, but without any success. Patiently he endured those attempts, as though trying to show me over him I had no power. But eventually he must have grown bored, because he simply drifted up to the top of the room and perched in the alcove of an upper window.

There he stood, looking down over me as I explored the room. And there he remained throughout the rest of my time in that area, contemplating me while I explored that section of the realm.

And throughout that time, the impression I got from him was one of an amused adult watching a child bumble around clumsily while attempting its first steps.

The dream went on after I left him behind. Lucidity came and went. But after that point, I didn’t see the Dreammaster again.

So my question, ATS’ers, can be summed up in three simple letters—w.t.f.?

Anyone out there recognize him?

Anyone experience anything similar?

This isn't the first bizarre encounter I've had in the dreamscape, only the most recent. I've also encountered celestials, daemonic strangers during sleep and sleep paralysis, and other negative entities of lesser varieties (like the fanged doll above).

But this was something I’ve never before seen. Normally everything in the lucid dreamscape is mutable, but this guy couldn’t be touched... not by me, at least.

(Note: I’m reasonably well-versed in Taoist and Buddhist practices, spiritual alchemy, qigong and meditation. My ability to control my mind/environment in dreams is objectively above-average, but this guy was WAY out of my league.)

What I’m thinking is the Dreammaster was either another lucid dreamer far more versed in technique than I, a demon content to laugh while I bumbled around that realm, or a celestial who failed to reveal its true nature.

But in my experience, celestials usually appear as entities of pure light. Demons typically appear disguised as someone you trust or openly showing their true natures, which are usually monstrous and impressive avatars befitting their prideful and egotistical nature.

(I’m also wondering if the Dreammaster commenced that earlier transition from the barbershop to that infinite hallway. It seems like trapping me in an endless hall would be a good crap-test to see how I’d react (and whether I could free myself).)

Even if you don’t have the answer, chime in if you’ve had any strange encounters in lucid dreaming, astral travel, or w/e. This stuff is fascinating, and compiling it all together in one thread can make a valuable resource.

Cheers!
edit on 1-12-2013 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Interesting thread there, I'm quite intrigued to be frank. I've been trying to induce lucid dreaming for years with very little to show for it. I look forward to learning more about this dreamscape.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I haven't had a lucid dream for many years. I used to fly around a lot, and probably do a thing or two that I shouldn't have. I used to get sent back when I went out into space, which would disappoint me. The trigger that causes your dream to become lucid is hard to define, I always found. It's difficult to remember/realize contradictions in a dream. I chose to stop lucid dreaming before the internet, for religious reasons. I regret that now. Oh well. It's enough to know it's there.

Anyways, I don't recall ever encountering another entity in any of my lucid travels. I pretty much would just fly around. I don't see the need to get into a pissing contest with another spirit. Not that I'm against it, I guess it just never occurred to me.

I wonder if you made some voodoo priest piss in his pants or something. That would be funny.

BTW this was a very descriptive post and I was enthralled and impressed by your clarity. cheers.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Usually when I try and blast a negative entity in my dream I wake up.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Greetings Fawkes, er... may I call you Fawkes?

I must say I found your OP to be quite intriguing, in fact my first reaction was "Fascinating" as I figuratively raised the inquisitive eyebrow. Try as I might, I seem to be incapable of doing it physically. Anyway, I continued to read on and was increasingly intrigued. I found your encounter with the imp like creature to be both amusing as well as telling. Clearly your psyche dd not appreciate your meddling. When we dream, we are transported to an inner mindscape. Within this space there are a set of rules often based on logic that keep this space intact, the act of waking within the dream goes against that set of rules and our minds react to it in rather interesting ways. The fact that the imp considered you the demon was appropriate since you were the source of any disorder in the mindscape.

The encounter with the Dream Master was disappointing. You say you have studied Taoism, Buddhism and Qigong Meditation, yet your actions within the mindscape were that of an impulsive child. I find this interesting, because everything within a dream is a part of us. Rather then confront this being, you chose to destroy it. It makes me think of the often over used cliche "We fear that which we do not understand." More often then not our response is to lash out. The fact that you could do nothing against this entity makes me think it was your core psyche. This is further evidenced by the way it watched you with amusement as if watching a child take its first steps. You were simply too immature for the encounter.

Should you meet this entity again I would suggest understanding rather than wanton violence.

Another thought that comes to mind is... perhaps this entity represents something your subconscious recognized, a part of you it did not want to or simply could not accept. Just my two cents.

edit on 2-12-2013 by Vageryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Vageryn

I think your analysis is way over simplified after reading the free pdf astral dynamics by Robert Bruce. You'll find the mind space dreams are completely different than an astral dream, though one can have 3 points of consciousness at the same time, the dream with the most emotion almost always get the actual download after reintegration.

I think your post was just a knee jerk reaction and quick to blame him. Talking to it could have actually done more harm than good but I'll let you figure out why.

I think he did the right thing. His instincts were not childish. His instinct were spot on, your the child here to assume you know what to do in HIS dream, you think it's cool to hang out and toy with demons that have thousands of years more experience in the real (astral) time zone than us.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vageryn

Oh I forgot to mention....

NOT EVERYTHING INSIDE A DREAM IS PART OF US LOL, unless it's just a mindbody dream. That is the most ridiculous thing about dreams I have ever heard to date!

Only mindscape / mindbody dreams are... and those are similar to defragging your consciousness but this has way more signs of an astral travel experience & there are entities and things all over the universe / realms / one can encounter that has NOTHING do to with the person travelling.

edit on 2-12-2013 by StopThaZionistWorldOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder

Fair enough. I suppose a knee jerk reaction is an apt observation, but it was not my intent to offend or lay blame. It was merely my thoughts based on my own observations. I must admit that when it comes to Astral Dreams, you have me at a great disadvantage, I'm familiar with the term and a few of the mechanics, but have zero experience in such things. My experience to my knowledge has only been with mind and body. My ignorance perhaps made me a bit presumptuous.

When I enter a lucid state (triggered by ripples in water) I seek to be like water, to become one with my surroundings and gain greater understanding. The result is interesting to say the least. I leave my current state and become, for lack of a better term... a button pressing overlord. It's like I'm playing a game with my own personal avatar. When I encounter a force I can not master I seek to understand it. Two come to mind. The Black Knight and a Dragon. Try as I might the knight bested me in all things, but after my complete defeat, offered his hand friendship.

The Dragon was an overpowering force. Something that seemed beyond reproach, yet I steeled my self and stood strong. For my bravery, I was granted an audience and we spoke at length of philosophy and the inevitable fate of mankind. She found me naive in my optimism and my insistence that people can change. We agreed to disagree and parted ways. I never took this encounter to be anything more than a reflection of my own doubts.

For me that is all a dream is be it Lucid or not.

If the OPs post was indeed of the Astral variety then I will observe this thread as it is beyond me. I know for a fact that Astral Projection is a possibility (it was proven to me in a profound way) but my lack of knowledge will not serve this thread.

edit on 2-12-2013 by Vageryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

There are a number of legal supplements that can induce lucid dreamstates. If you haven't had any luck getting there on your own, maybe give one of those a try as a crutch so you can get a feel for what it takes/what it's like to experience a lucid dreaming state.

I had my first lucid dream completely solo, but for a lot of the others I find that supps can provide consistency in reaching lucidity, which makes it a lot easier to set aside one or two nights of the week to explore the lucid dreamscape.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Vageryn
The encounter with the Dream Master was disappointing. You say you have studied Taoism, Buddhism and Qigong Meditation, yet your actions within the mindscape were that of an impulsive child. I find this interesting, because everything within a dream is a part of us. Rather then confront this being, you chose to destroy it. It makes me think of the often over used cliche "We fear that which we do not understand." More often then not our response is to lash out. The fact that you could do nothing against this entity makes me think it was your core psyche. This is further evidenced by the way it watched you with amusement as if watching a child take its first steps. You were simply too immature for the encounter.

Should you meet this entity again I would suggest understanding rather than wanton violence.

I agree with this 100%. I definitely jumped the gun going defcon 1 against it; I was way too trigger-happy after being ambushed the previous time. Prior encounters with demonic entities have shown me there's little point attempting to engage in conversation with them (demons either pepper their conversations with lies to mislead you or with words/actions designed to elicit negative energies from you, which they seem to feed off of)

But yeah, I'm not even sure if this Dreammaster was a demonic entity. He didn't respond/react in any way I'd ever seen before, so next time--if there is a next time!--I'll engage verbally before taking a defensive/offensive posture.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Interesting situation.

Have you considered engaging the spirit in conversation? My first thought was that it may have some knowledge you could benefit from -- I mean, you're interested in lucid dreams and you came across a being called the Dream master… if it were me, I'd be hitting him up for tips. But of course, you are the one that was there; if he seemed malevolent, so be it.

If I was you, I'd take some safety precautions then invoke him -- in a dream for best effect, or in the waking world if you're worried about the power he'd have over you in sleep. If he's willing to turn up randomly, he'll almost certainly come when called.

Do you know anything about invocation / evocation?

EF

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EmperorFaustus

My experience with invocation/evocation is limited. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable relying on it outside the dream. But in dreamstates I have had success invoking the names of other spirits/entities as a method of protecting myself against attacks.

For example, in one dream a few months prior (a semi-lucid event where I only had partial control but saw things with utter clarity), I became aware of a malevolent presence when clouds overhead started swirling about as though blown around by an immense storm.

When they reformed into writing warning me a demon had infiltrated into the experience, I remember feeling waves of intense dread, followed by the appearance of hordes of animals surrounding me that appeared to be rabid and/or possessed.

At the time I had far less experience protecting myself in the dreamstate. But instinctively I called out the name of God and asked for protection. Then immediately, to my astonishment, the dream began dissolving around me, bleeding away like a oil painting doused in turpentine.

The dissolution of dream left me in the now-familiar void of the pre-dream state--floating in emptiness--but at the time I'd never experienced anything like that before. It was definitely another noteworthy wtf moment for the dream journal.

So yeah, that's pretty much the extent of my work with invocation... if you've got any info/tips/resources you could share on the topic (or the names of good books!), I'll be grateful.
edit on 2-12-2013 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

StopThaZionistWorldOrder
I think your analysis is way over simplified after reading the free pdf astral dynamics by Robert Bruce...

Thanks for reminding me about Astral Dynamics... I haven't read the book yet, but I've been meaning to pick it up. It might have more insight on some of the things I've encountered.

Good looking out.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

When it comes to practical knowledge on the subject Robert Bruce HAS thousands of dream hours mapping astral realms and all types of stuff. He teaches people how to use body awareness to do circuit training. basically you move your body awareness around your body...eventually people get to where they can just pop out while still technically awake.

he takes out a lot of the fear mongering and explains things in basic terms. The other ebooks are REALLY good and are worth the couple $$ they cost.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Have definitely something like this happen a few nights ago. Saw a girl in my dream but new something was not right about her. It took that one second of hesitation and she/it was on me attacking. Not a normal dream, looked human but I could tell right off the bat this was a real entity if you know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by leopardseal2282

Pretty interesting. Mind telling us what happened during the attack and how you managed to get out of it? i.e. Did you just wake up from the dream, or did you take active steps to defend yourself while asleep?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I am confused, and also a newb lol. But I was under the impression that you could only encounter other entities in an astral projection?? I am able to lucid dream but not regularly, and as far as I can tell I have never been able to project. If entities are able to contact me in a lucid dream I need someone to help guide me on how to deal with this.

Another thing that troubles me is this imp-like creature you speak of. I have seen it in my lucid dreams, a lot. Sometimes I defeat it, sometimes I am overpowered forced out of lucidity and am woke up by my wife for "night terrors" i.e. I was screaming like something truly horrible was happening to me...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

In my experience there definitely seems to be multiple layers of the dreamstate. The first appears to be the simplest, those dreams that occur primarily or completely within your own mind. There you have primary authority (read: complete control) over the contents of the dream and the objects manifested. Other entities seem able to penetrate into this personal arena, but their powers in it are correspondingly limited.

The second seems to be a shared dreamstate that multiple entities can inhabit, but no one in particular owns. Here, the law seems to be that of the jungle--survival of the fittest where the "strongest" dreamer can gain dominion over the environment.

The third is where you find yourself inhabiting the personal dreamstate of some other entity, whether malevolent or benign. Needless to say, these can be some of the most rewarding dreams if you end up inhabiting the dream of a positive entity... or some of the most terrifying if you get pulled into that of a negative force.

These layers also appear to blend into one another as you move from dream to dream. In other words, you could begin a dream within your own mind and exit it into a shared arena. For example, I've had lucid dreams where upon cessation of the dream I've returned to another communal area populated by dozens--probably hundreds--of other people. There we were all chatting about the experiences we just had, and I recall talking about how the remarkable linearity and fluidity of the dream I'd just left.

Can you tell us about some of the battles you had with the imp? Did it always seem as though you were in your own head/dream, or did it feel like you were somewhere completely different? For me, the difference between "planes" is always marked and distinct... dreams of my own creation or dreamworlds of benevolent entities typically have a sunlit sky and natural environments, forests and mountains, outdoorsy stuff.

But dreams in a shared environment or within the mind of something that isn't so nice... those typically occur indoors, in confined spaces; or in purple twilight/complete night; or in landscapes so bizarre and otherworldly they give you pause.

Once I found myself caught climbing a spiral staircase in a ruined and crumbling tower whose ceiling had been blasted open to expose a dead-black sky. The center of the tower was a kind of decaying courtyard above which hovered a gigantic orb of pulsing purplish-bluish energy, a self-contained light source like a miniature sun. I figured it was a rift of some kind, a gateway between dimensions, and the demon waiting for me at the top of the tower agreed....

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Hard to remember all the battles, lol

Typically when I lucid dream I treat as a video game inside my head, sometime its like call of duty, other times its a relaxed environment or a party type situation. The last time I saw this "imp" however it was this indoor environment with hallways and at least 1 staircase, not spiral though, and no ceiling though just blackness. Usually when I encounter something scary it has to do with a movie or game from real life or I can associate them with an underlying personal issue that I'm dealing with at the time. I tend to dispatch them easily using my call of duty guns and I have fun doing it. Doesn't work with this imp though, its to fast. I'll see him first from a distance and as soon as we lock eyes its heading for me, all my cool dream weapons don't work, its to fast so before I know it its right there next to me. I tend to fight it hand to hand, but if I don't realize whats happening I quickly lose and then my wife is waking me while I'm screaming. The only time I'm victorious is when I catch on quickly and use my "dream power" to transport myself away or send it away, though like you said it seems like it fights my ability to do so...

Edited to add: the teeth on the imp match what you described
edit on 3-12-2013 by XTexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

That's super-interesting, thanks for sharing. Not only do the teeth and the feeling of the creature resisting you sync up, but the description of being in some kind of indoor/confined environment seems to match my experience with shared dreamscapes. So yeah, seems like we're both stumbling across the same type of negative being.

Any other ATS'ers seen/fought this imp demon?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join