It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Tests For Mad Cow Disease.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
November 19

THE US is investigating a possible new case of mad cow disease (bovine spongiform encephalopathy or BSE), the Agriculture Department said today.

The authorities did not say where the suspect animal was.

www.news.com.au...

May i suggest they start here.

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Heh Heh,

it would be a pretty scary deal if MC get a foot hold in the U.S. It would kill me to give up my steaks
either way it seems. Hopefull the USDA is very very agressive with this.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think mad cow has been rampant in this country for a while and is often misdiagnosed intentionally for alzenheimers.

Intentionally to protect the cattle industry. Remember the stink they raised with Oprah?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
God forbid McDonalds would go belly up and a few billionaires would be broke. Hmmmmm... soy burgers. yuk. lol Man that makes me want to cook out tomorrow. But I do believe that the illnesses would get covered up for the sake of protecting the bottom line of cattle suppliers.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
God forbid McDonalds would go belly up and a few billionaires would be broke.

Indy,

I don't think that really is beef at McDonalds. I mean have you ever had a look at one of those patties? Looks like low grade circus animals to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Fred... unfortunately what you said is so darn true. That is also why I quit eating there. Their food is garbage. When it comes to burgers its either on my grill or at Hardees. Don't care for their fries but their bugers are the next best thing to comming off my grill.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Indy,

Used to go to In and Out Burger which was pretty good (everything made fresh on the premises including the ground beef) but stopped going there because of the bible passages that were partially hidden under cups and wrappers. McD's I cannot ever go into as I had the misfortune of working there as a teen. Hardies has a new burger thats got something like 1400 Kcals
talk about dinning on death eh!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I believe Mad Cow has been in the U.S for quite some time now. There was a website called "The National Institute for the Discovery of Science (NIDS)" that was shut down on October 15th of this year under the premise of the administrator going to do cancer research. This group investigated reports of the so-called "men in black" sightings that were being reported as possible UFOs. It turned out as they were tracking these sightings that most of them were associated with mutilated cattle. They would find these cows the next day, most of them with their brain, eyes, tongue, and stomach removed. Apparently this is where the prions from Mad Cow tend to accumulate the most. Also, many of the "men in black" sightings were taking place in the west, where there has been an outbreak of a mad cow-like disease in the wild deer and elk population. Again, they were finding the mutilated carcasses of deer and elk.

I think that the government has know about Mad-Cow for awhile and has been tracking and testing the cattle via the "men in black" cover.

Now the question is, did the website close down because the government has started testing cattle on a larger scale so the "men-in-black" cover is no longer needed, or were they coerced by the government? I don't believe for one minute that the administrator wanted to go to cancer research. It says on the website that he always wanted to do this research and was employed in this field prior to the founding of NIDS. If that was the field he wanted to be in, why would he have left it?

In any case, I recently posted an article under "Fragile Earth" that stated that there were 5 fatal Creutzfeldt Jakob (Mad Cow possible connected disease) cases in Upstate NY, in and near Ulster County which is a highly unusual cluster for a disease that appears in 1 in a Million people. Here is a link to an article that suggests that the U.S. Agriculture Dept would neither confirm nor deny that the cow that tested positive for Mad Cow is in Ulster County, NY:

www.unknowncountry.com...

I would definitely start worrying though. It should starting showing up in the general population more and more now. Very scary!!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I had In and Out burgers once when I went to Vegas on vacation. It wasn't too bad. What kills me is when Hardees does this low carb 1/3rd lb burger. LMFAO. What a joke. Thats like the old McDonalds commercial with William Perry where he orders 4 McDLS's a large order of fries and a diet coke.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The diagnosis for Creutzfeldt Jakob sounds very much like Alzenheimers. And that brain wasting disease has been increasing for awhile, due in part to our population growing older.

I for one think that the two are related. I still eat steaks, our physical bodies does not last forever, why worry about it.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I remember seeing a program about this young attractive girl that wasted away because of mad cow. It is absolutely a horrible disease. Possibly worse than alzeheimers because it can hit anyone at any age and it will slowly kill you and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

top topics

join