It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor and Ex-CIA station Chief Michael Scheuer tells Congress: I'd Dump the Israelis Tomorrow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Bilk22

Panic2k11
reply to post by Bilk22

A good source would be the BBC documentary The Ottomans Europe's Muslim Emperors, it covers the "modern" schism of Sunni and Shia and how the antagonism was very early used as a for of instrumentalization of the conflict (as often conflicts are, to foment conflict as a way to control from the outside or as to justify ones actions).
Oh I don't doubt and as a matter of fact, fully understand the West pits one faction against another to create chaos, control and a need for intervention. Proxy wars do the same.

I'll try to take a look at the doc. Thanks

and you don't think the Muslim world does the same?...I din't like what America has done in the middle east, but, to somehow say that Muslims only want peace is to deny history, and look the other way. they have plenty of blood on their hands not only from western and eastern cultures, but from their own people

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Insurrection

I'm just so tired of politics in the US all depending on how much anyone supports Israel. Supporting/helping Israel would be ok if it did not come at such a high cost of Americans.

I have never seen any sovereign country in the world elect a member of congress, or president based on how much that candidate supports another country, and how much he/she sucks up to it, even if it means death of his/her own citizens, and completely ignoring public opinion.

We have so many politicians who are also dual citizens with Israel, so that obviously is a conflict of interest!
But this has always been shoved under the carpet.

I think the American political system has been invalid for some time now, with priorities mismanaged.

Its so sick to watch the elections or any other news these days, knowing how corrupt and wrong everything is, and is being done in broad daylight, completely not giving a damn about the opinions of the American people who put them in office in the first place.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

jimmyx

Bilk22

Panic2k11
reply to post by Bilk22

A good source would be the BBC documentary The Ottomans Europe's Muslim Emperors, it covers the "modern" schism of Sunni and Shia and how the antagonism was very early used as a for of instrumentalization of the conflict (as often conflicts are, to foment conflict as a way to control from the outside or as to justify ones actions).
Oh I don't doubt and as a matter of fact, fully understand the West pits one faction against another to create chaos, control and a need for intervention. Proxy wars do the same.

I'll try to take a look at the doc. Thanks

and you don't think the Muslim world does the same?...I din't like what America has done in the middle east, but, to somehow say that Muslims only want peace is to deny history, and look the other way. they have plenty of blood on their hands not only from western and eastern cultures, but from their own people
Well I never claimed what you stated here. There is guilt to go all around. The players in the ME are certainly profiting from the West's meddling. It's easier and cheaper to pay off a select few than a whole nation of people. They're also easier to control. Heck I sound like a lib now
I guess that''s what happens when we have the biggest lib we've ever had in the Oval office and things stay the same on this front. Everyone at that level wants their piece of the pie.
edit on 2-12-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

rickm
i'd consider dumping Israel as a 'friend' and ally.

how many times have people been convicted in America for spying for Israel?

do allies treat each other that way?

No kidding but what do you expect, we dumped France and their fries...

There's a reason it's called political madness. You have to be a few freedom fries short of a happy meal to think you will se any sound logic from politicians. Unless of course there is personal financial gain for them and all the sudden they're all ears. Israel knows this of course.....

Since it's no secret just about every (if not every) politician is bought and paid for, I propose the establishment of a citizens bribe, damn it, lobbying firm. One with enough money to rival those on K street where even AIPAC will look twice.

If you can't beat them join them right?
edit on 2-12-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

the problem with the middle east will never be solved by or with the help of the US or other western nations....these are people that have centuries of hatred to call upon, whenever a peace is suggested. and if a peace did break out, all it would take is someone that was paid off to blow something up, and start up all that old hatred again....what we have to do is make the US free from the oil stranglehold. we have spent over a trillion dollars in Iraq alone...why not spend 500 billion on solar, wind, wave, and geothermal power?....unfortunately for us, we have the technology, but not the political will. and let's not forget the political power of hundred billion dollar oil corporations.
with that, I see no change in our addiction to oil, and thus no peace. there will always be war in the middle east.
edit on 2-12-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Our relationship with this 'partner' is the source of A LOT of our problems in that part of the world. It's one thing to have a strong relationship with another country. It's another thing to seemingly blindly go along with whatever that other country wants. Haven't there been plenty examples of Israel working aginst us? I'm sure there are plant of examples of us working against them, too. Our 'Israel right or wrong' policy doesn't work any more, (did it ever?). In today's world, re-evaluation is needed often. Just an opinion.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I watched a documentary a few months back, about a woman who was a Middle east analyst for the US government. Long story short.........she was used and uncovered a plan by the Jewish counsel to use the US military and tax payers money to destabilize the middle east or set it back to the stone age....

She even found out that they where stealing secretes straight out of the Pentagon, they got caught but this did not bother them, because they control the house of congress and couldn't be touched...... (shortened version)

The American people are been used, as are we in the UK......

Oh one last thing....... i recently saw a news article on a web site about terrorist attacks in America and how likely a person is to be killed by an such an attack.....

the site gave a top ten by which terrorist group a American civilian would be most likely to be killed by.....

I can't remember them all, but i do remember the the number one spot .......

This was the Jewish fundamentalists, and the Islamist was number 6 i think, i think number 2 was by Mexican drug or Espanic gang..... number 10 was white extremists (KKK, or biker gang)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
I agree, what has Israel ever done for us? Besides getting us to fight their wars for them? We need to drop Israel and let them fend for themselves. I can bet they wouldn't be so gun-ho to go to war and bomb their neighbors all the time.

just out of curiosity, when Israel get the USA to fight their wars??? It's your assumption that the war in Iraq was for Israel but it wasn't, was it? It was for OIL!!! Bush & Bush Jr.!

Israel has fought its own wars and has done well to survive against the odds against numerous countries surrounding it, if any American was killed in the process it was because they volunteered to fight!

There is no dispute that the USA supports Israel and assists the country with military might, but there is enough truth that people use to hate Israel, without making rubbish up!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

rickm

Oh really? Have you noticed anything in the news recently over the past few months about the USA spying on its allies and their elected officials up to the highest office???

Sure seems that the USA treats it's allies that way, doesn't it? Hey, but if you want to be choosy, you can always blame the Jews

Hypocrisy at its very best!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Scheuer has balls. He has the creds too. King and Mr. Stewart "air force officer for 14 years", have skewed perspectives to say the least, and recite the party line-the one that gets US soldiers killed.

Scheuer isn't in anyone's pocket, and has repeatedly spoken in simple, direct terms. Politicians don't seem to appreciate that.

As long as politicians persistently have us fighting against a generic terrorist boogieman, their defense contractor buddies will continue to flourish in a dismal global economy.

Let's figure out a way to live without oil and spend the money at home.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This guys was a CIA opertaive and head of operations for more than 20 years,not to mention lead man in the Bin Laden Dept for three years..HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT when it comes to the Middle East.

But then to hear his opinion challenged by some guy saying -
"I was in the airforce for 14 years, i've spoken to some camel dealer and he told me the muslims don't like us because we have McDonld's, Disney land, Jersey Shore and Big gulps etc etc"...just unreal...bull# was right on target.

And as for Israel...with friends like them, who needs enemies.

Like DOMINIC OTTO SUTERsaid to a fellow worker at Urban Moving Systems (a Mossad front company) and who left because he felt the racism against anyone who wasn't jewish was too much -

"Give us ten years,we'll control your media and destroy your country"

The U.S is going downhill fast...maybe Suter he knew what he was talking about.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hongkongphooey

rickm

Oh really? Have you noticed anything in the news recently over the past few months about the USA spying on its allies and their elected officials up to the highest office???

Sure seems that the USA treats it's allies that way, doesn't it? Hey, but if you want to be choosy, you can always blame the Jews

Hypocrisy at its very best!!!

Look up " Israeli attack on USS Liberty " I guess I'm choosy. Look up the two Americans that were murdered
by Israeli snipers while engaged in humanitarian aid to Palestinians. Both wearing bright vests indicating they are Aid workers. I guess I'm choosy. Look up the YEARLY amount of money America GIVES to Israel [ two Billion ] then consider this scenario. You give your friend / Ally six thousand dollars. He then kills your wife. Next yr you give him six thousand dollars and he steals your car. Next yr you again give him six thousand dollars and he shoots your dog. Any sane person would tell you that this fellow is NOT YOUR FRIEND. Are ya kind of getting the idea. I GUESS I'M JUST CHOOSY ! I sincerely hope that helps a little.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join