It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about the children?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hammanderr

Well, it is a poor argument as stated. The real point to be made, if you are trying to make that point a better way to put it would be "How about all of the people affected by this argument who don't have the power to make a choice".

As far as "the children" go, if everybody worried about their "own children" and took care of them, they wouldn't be in the category of the helpless.

If you ever hear "But what about the Children?" or "Thats not what God/The Bible Says!" or "We aren't being given a chance!" or "That's Racist!" in an argument or statement chances are the person making that noise isn't that intelligent or doesn't have a thought out point of view.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The OP just wrote up a rather psychotic post, and sounded like he needs a little work in his life on his understanding of earth 101 and what its

He should start thinking about the safety of children and all people, their sovereign rights and revamp his belief systems so he can leave darth vaders crew and start

And I hope he hasn't harmed a child....
on 2-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

If the topic that we were discussing was the safety of children, then yes I could see the safety of the children being a relevant topic of discussion. But since it's not always the topic of discussion, why is it always used as a rationale for a persons position to be delegitimized?

Even now you suggested that I was the author of a "psychotic post", that I should "leave darth vaders crew." Without question your most impressive contribution was when you said, "I hope he hasn't harmed a child." How that even crossed your mind is beyond me.

You have basically taken the bait, hook, line and sinker. When someone even suggests that less emotional techniques be employed for countering a persons viewpoint, you call them a child harming psycho. Now, are you capable of articulating your reasoning without calling me a war criminal? Somehow I doubt it.
edit on 2-12-2013 by hammanderr because: punctuation

edit on 2-12-2013 by hammanderr because: quoting is difficult

edit on 2-12-2013 by hammanderr because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2013 by hammanderr because: struggling with the quoting

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hammanderr

Moderator, can you fix my last post? I really messed it up somehow.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
What about them?

If you can't help yourself you cant help the children.

The kids are doomed I tell you. 17 trillion in debt and were worried about the children.
What about the damn country.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

Not sure if you read the OP or not. That's the entire point of this whole thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I started this thread awhile back and just thought I'd touch on it again in light of recent events. The Central American immigrants in Texas are being touted as the current crop of pitiable children that we should all lose our common sense over. Additionally I've heard the "children argument" used to justify us reentering Iraq. This logic continues to be as powerfully wrong as ever it was.
edit on 9-7-2014 by hammanderr because: Wording

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join