It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Eisenhower the Last President to Know the Truth About UFOs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+74 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

There is a commonly held belief inside the UFO community that President Eisenhower was the last president to be in control of the UFO situation. By the end of Eisenhower’s second term, as the theory goes, a secret government within the government had taken control of all things dealing with UFOs. The president was relegated to playing the role of a puppet manipulated by an unelected unseen few who have control of the world.

Any indication that the president may not be in charge presents a serious problem for the United States. That is because the United States government is often held up as a model for the rest of the world. If the president isn’t in charge it also presents a serious constitutional problem, because in America the constitution is treated like the inspired word of God…….

Source: Grant Cameron's Blog

The commentary above comes from Grant Cameron. Cameron is a UFO researcher who specializes in research involving American Presidents and any possible links to the UFO phenomenon. His thinking is that the most powerful man, of the most powerful nation on Earth has to know the truth about airspace violations, unauthorised landings, capture of livestock, interaction with citizens and most certainly any treaties made with an alien power.

One of his latest pieces challenges the commonly held perception within Ufology that Ike was the last President to be fully briefed on the UFO topic. His exit speech in January 1961 is often cited as indirectly referencing the UFO issues when Ike stated:

“In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.”

Cameron believes this speech to actually be attacking a “military industrial congressional complex” after researching the origins of the speech. The word “congressional” was eventually withdrawn to sound less inflammatory. Another option to call it “the military industrial scientific complex” was also dropped on advice from James Killian (Eisenhower’s science advisor). Ike was deeply concerned about the escalating spending on military programs and weaponry to the detriment of investing in schools, hospitals and social welfare. Cameron concludes that the speech was simply a warning about military spending and how this warning more than half a century later has come to pass. The US military budget now accounts for 40% of global arms spending and totals more than the next 20 national defence budgets added together.

However back on the topic of UFOs the point is that if Ike was the last President aware of the “alien issue” and from then it was concealed behind a secret “government within government” that not only would this be unconstitutional but that other 'evidence' used by Ufologists does not stack up.

The more likely hypothesis is that all Presidents are told as the constitution demands.

Source: whitehouseufo.blogspot.ca...

Truman

Truman was the first President in office to have to publicly deal with the UFO topic. He set up the CIA just two months after the Roswell crash occurred and was in power during the flaps of 1952. Truman was regularly “verbally” briefed on the topic by General Robert Landry.

Eisenhower

Eisenhower is rumoured to have met with aliens on a number of occasions. The most compelling case being his February 1954 trip to the Smoke Tree Ranch in Palm Springs,California. On the night of the 20th Feb and early hours of the 21st Feb he disappeared. Once members of the press realised he was "missing" they began to speculate that he had suffered a serious illness or had even died. Presidential Secretary James Haggerty, in an attempt to dampen the rumours, called a late evening press conference to reveal that Ike had eaten some fried chicken earlier in the evening, knocked a cap off a tooth, and had been treated by a local dentist. The President arrived next morning for a pre-arranged early church service, and there the story appeared to end.

However whilst everything about Presidential visits and Ike’s healthcare is diligently documented at the Eisenhower Library there is no mention of his dental work that evening. The long standing rumour being that he went to Muroc (Edwards) air force to meet with and perhaps even sign a treaty with alien beings which isn’t documented either!

Now if this was the beginning of the “secret government” and the point when the President lost full control then here is where things become somewhat confusing. The public record contains a few hints at concerns over the UFO problem at best. UFO folklore hints at much more.

Kennedy
Kennedy’s short time in charge contains the rumours of George Adamski (even though many also consider him to be a fraud) meeting JFK in 1961 and passing on a message of an impending crisis from his alien contacts. There is also a story of his visit to view dead alien bodies retrieved from a crash site.

"Around 1961/1962 President J.F. Kennedy expressed a wish to see the alien bodies associated with an alien crash-site. He had obviously been informed of their existence and wished to see for himself the evidence…According to information received; the alien bodies were taken to Florida when Kennedy went to see them [at] a medical facility."

Source: Timothy Good – Need to Know p 420

Kennedy also sent memos requesting co-operation with the Soviets in space and expressing his desire that “unknowns” were clearly distinguished from “knowns” and sharing this data to help NASA mission directors “in their defense responsibilities”.

There is also the infamous and disputed “burned memo” which links Marilyn Monroe, Dorothy Kilgallen and his brother Robert Kennedy with a story involving JFK going to view “things from outer space” .

files.abovetopsecret.com...

continues below >>>
edit on 1/12/13 by mirageman because: Unless otherwise stated all of the information in this post came from Grant Cameron's website www.presidentialufo.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Johnson

Lyndon Johnson allegedly received a call from the Soviets via the hot line at the time of the Kecksburg UFO crash in Pennsylvania on 9th December 1965 where NASA personnel in white suits were reported to have been on the scene. Johnson was at his ranch in Texas taking a working break from Washington. No official records exist of any such call but the entire Joint Chiefs of Staff, and nine cabinet secretaries were gathered at Johnson’s ranch the next morning. Officially the meeting was to discuss the 1966 military budget and Vietnam. But perhaps there was another matter on the agenda? Amongst those present was NASA Director James Webb, who had flown from Washington on December 10th. The significance of this is that Webb also met with President Truman within two days of the 8th July 1947 Roswell story breaking.

Nixon

Nixon presided over the closure of Project Blue Book and is the only President to have seen Americans visit another planet during his term in office.

On 12th January 1972 Oklahoma resident Sherry Eckhardt was trying to speak with her mother on the telephone. However interference from another call caused her to hear a voice say something like : “We issued an alarm … We are getting objects with a radar that appear on the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico … Fighters are on the way … An object has fallen into the Pacific Ocean, the fighters were shot down.”

Trying to redial her mother she then heard “Call the president on the phone!” . She then heard someone sounding very like Richard Nixon speak, "This is probably the most unusual phone call I’ll ever make."
The White House issued a denial stating the President had been working on his State of the Union address.

Source: worldufophotosandnews.org

Another equally better known and even more incredible story exists about Nixon. Evading his own security, the story has Nixon picking up comedian, Jackie Gleason (a good friend and golfing partner) on February 19, 1973. Nixon then drove him to Homestead Air Force Base where the guard waved them through. Nixon then drove Gleason to a building containing what were obviously non-human bodies in containers.

Ford

Gerald Ford had campaigned for a public hearing on UFOs in a speech made in March 1966.

I believe Congress should thoroughly investigate the rash of reported sightings of unidentified flying objects in Southern Michigan and other parts of the country.I feel a congressional inquiry would be most worthwhile because the American people are intensely interested in the UFO stories, and some people are alarmed by them.

Air Force investigators have been checking on such reports for years but have come up with nothing very conclusive. In the light of these new sightings and incidents near Ann Arbor, Michigan, and elsewhere, it would be a very wholesome thing for a committee of the Congress to conduct hearings and to call responsible witnesses from the executive branch of the government and other witnesses who say they have sighted these objects. I think the American people would feel better if there was a full-blown investigation of these mysterious flying objects, which some persons honestly believe that they have seen.

Source : Ford Congressional Papers

He continued to campaign for a hearing however once Ford came to office he was strangely quiet on the subject and even claimed in a letter about UFOs he could not offer any information.

Carter

Carter was the man who was going to release everything on UFOs. However once he arrived in the Oval Office it wasn’t long before his Deputy Press Secretary , Walter Wurfuel released a statement on 28th Feb 1977.

“Whatever statement you saw concerning President Carter’s view on UFOs was not exactly what he said. He had seen something that he thought was unexplainable that possibly might have been a UFO and he will certainly disclose and describe any unusual phenomena he might see.
He is committed to the fullest possible openness in government and would support full disclosure of material that was not defense sensitive that might relate to UFOs. He did not, however, pledge to "make every piece of information concerning the UFOs available to the public." There might be some aspects of some sightings that would have defense implications that possibly should be safe-guarded against immediate and full disclosure.”

Carter did loosen up the FOIA making access to documents easier for investigators. However by 1979 it became apparent that there was no “smoking gun” amongst them just a few interesting scraps.

continues below >>>

edit on 1/12/13 by mirageman because: typos

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Reagan

Ronald Reagan appeared to have a keen interest in UFOs and, like Carter, even claimed to have had his own sighting.

The Whitehouse records showed that Ronald Reagan had watched close to 400 movies whilst in office in the Whitehouse or at Camp David. But the one that attracted the most attention is the screening of ET in June 1982 with Steven Spielberg present.

Following the screening the President leaned over to Spielberg and quietly said, "You know, there aren’t six people in this room who know how true this really is."

Was he joking as many in the room seemed to think?

Well it didn’t stop him from addressing the United Nations about an “alien threat”.

George Bush Snr.

Very little exists on George Bush and any connection with aliens. Perhaps because he is one? Or more likely his CIA background. Some even believe Bush to be the leading member of whatever incarnation MJ12 had grown into when he came to office in the late 1980s. There is nothing on record to confirm this.
However one little tidbit exists where Bush broke his silence on the UFO issue when pressed by UFO researcher Charles Huffer.

" I know some," replied Bush. "I know a fair amount".

Clinton

Vice Admiral Tom Wilson, who was J2, head of Intelligence for the Joint Chiefs of Staff was one of those Clinton asked to investigate the truth about UFOs. He actually unearthed code numbers of secret projects that the government were funding but amazingly was told he didn’t have a “need to know" as to what they related to. Clinton’s first CIA Director James Woolsey was also another tasked with digging out the UFO secrets that many have believed are being kept hidden. Despite his efforts he declared

"They have all told me nothing. They told me, well we had Project Blue Book, but the Air Force closed it in 1969.”

Clinton was also bemused at the USAF report in 1995 "The Roswell Report - Fact vs. Fiction in the New Mexico Desert". It left out many witness testimonies and did not address the topic of bodies found in the desert at all. Perhaps hinting at this Clinton used his peace address in Belfast to go off topic and said :

"I got a letter from 13-year-old Ryan from Belfast. Now, Ryan, if you're out in the crowd tonight, here's the answer to your question. No, as far as I know, an alien spacecraft did not crash in Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947. And, Ryan, if the United States Air Force did recover alien bodies, they didn't tell me about it, either, and I want to know.”

The Air Force responded with "The Roswell Report – Case Closed" just in time for the 50th anniversary of (non-) event they claimed happened.

Clinton, despite his position of power, found getting to the truth about UFOs as difficult as any other researcher into the topic. In an interview in 2005 he even said.

"Well I don't know if you all heard this, but, there was actually, when I was president in my second term, there was an anniversary observance of Roswell. Remember that? People came to Roswell, New Mexico from all over the world. And there was also a site in Nevada where people were convinced that the government had buried a UFO and perhaps an alien deep underground because we wouldn't allow anybody to go there. And uhm… I can say now, 'cause it's now been released into the public domain.... This place in Nevada was really serious, that there was an alien artifact there. So I actually sent somebody there to figure it out."

"I did attempt to find out if there were any secret government documents that revealed things. If there were, they were concealed from me too. And if there were, well I wouldn't be the first American president that underlings have lied to, or that career bureaucrats have waited out. But there may be some career person sitting around somewhere, hiding these dark secrets, even from elected presidents. But if so, they successfully eluded me…and I'm almost embarrassed to tell you I did (chuckling) try to find out."

However Grant Cameron also alludes to a story about the Varginha UFO crash in Brazil in January 1996 where it is alleged that live aliens were captured. Five weeks afterwards, Clinton’s Secretary of State Warren Christopher and NASA director Dan Goldin arrived in Brazil and suggests that a deal was struck between the US and Brazilian governments over the recovery of the wreckage. In which case, Cameron argues, that Clinton would have been fully aware of the situation. Of course the Varginha case is like many other UFO cases and at best has a number of questions against it.

George W.Bush

Like his father there seems very little to link the 2nd President Bush with UFOs. Many attribute this to his family ties,the fact that he was surrounded by the unelected background policy makers like Cheney and Rumsfeld and the after effects of the September 11th attacks.

Obama

During a trip to Roswell on 21st March 2012 Barack Obama made the following opening statement,

We had landed in Roswell. I announced to people when I landed that I had come in peace. (Laughter) Let me tell you – there are more nine and ten year old boys around the country when I meet them – they ask me, “Have you been to Roswell and is it true what they say? And I tell them, ‘If I told you I would have to kill you.’ So their eyes get all big…so…

We’re going to keep our secrets here..........

Will Smith also let it slip that his son Jaden had asked the alien question directly to Obama on a visit to the Whitehouse as they went into the special situation room. Obama responded

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of extra-terrestrials but I can tell you if there had been a top secret meeting and if there would have been a discussion about it, it would have taken place in this room.”

Whether that constitutes proof that Obama is in control of UFO information and there is no secret government , at least in the present day, is questionable.

So given the facts, or indeed folklore, is Grant Cameron right in his assertions?

Is the President in still in control of the UFO issue and what does he really know?

Or has he long been removed from the “need to know” and a secretive cabal are actually in control behind the scenes?

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Unequivocally, there's people with much higher security clearances than the 'temporary' President's, whether it's a 4 year term or 8.

There's unsubstantiated reports that after Carter was briefed on (supposedly) the UFO issue, he was seen by the next person to enter the room as having his head down on his desk, sobbing.

It's my opinion after years of watching politics that the CIA briefers, NSA, National Security Council and Joint Chiefs of Staff can pretty much say anything they want to, to any given President. Only GHWB would have had the connections to know if it was bunk or not, given his prior CIA and Nazi connections. This sets the stage for all sorts of manipulation of the incoming president, whether they want wars to keep the economic machine going, or just want to hide reality from the schmuck.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I'm coming to the conclusion that the Cold War was a big psy-op to cover both the US and the USSR's need to spend billions on black budget projects mostly of a UFO back-engineering and defensive nature. All that talk I heard as a kid about the 'godless Commies' was laughable in its paranoia; it just never rang true except to the same type of person that now finds Rush Limbaugh the voice of truth and reason...

Sightings and reportedly craft capture happened in both places, the USSR was reeling from WWII, and certainly an arms buildup by both sides is insanity if all you're fighting is an economic and political idea. But it makes perfect sense if they were both scared out of their wits that we were being invaded by multiple other alien civilizations, some of which were not at all friendly, and if our technology was laughable compared to the newcomers.

So say you're a military higher-up in 1947 to the early 1950s time frame; you have an 'enemy' that you know next to nothing about except that they're literally light-years ahead of us technologically; what are you going to do, except keep it hidden from the public lest there be mass panic, and build as many nukes as you can just in case they'd come in handy? And your fake 'arch enemy', the Godless Commies, build up their arsenal too, and your constant hyping about how they're going to kill us in our beds any minute is justification for any amount of expenditures. Perfect.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The old NICAP site has a bunch of old books available for free in PDF form; my favorites are the two Donald Keyhoe books; he had inside intel on what was going on while the Air Force was trying to figure out what to do about the 'alien threat'. One colonel even said, 'Even if you prove to me they're true, I won't believe it', which kinda sums up the sense of unreality they had towards the whole issue.

This is a great read from someone who was there and gives a wonderful bit of historical flavor of the time; the president is mentioned off an on in all these books, to give you an idea of what they may have known about:

www.nicap.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
S & F

Obviously this took some time to compile and research. Very well done. Now under which President did James Forrestal toss himself out the window after supposedly gaining knowledge of ET?
edit on st0PM2013ER69 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This guy tells his story before he dies...

His story takes place under Eisenhower in 58'.

What do you make of this?

edit on 2013-12-01T19:04:53-06:00201312bpm3112pm5331 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I always wondered about this too. Well said.

signalfire
Also, the more I think about it, the more I'm coming to the conclusion that the Cold War was a big psy-op to cover both the US and the USSR's need to spend billions on black budget projects mostly of a UFO back-engineering and defensive nature. All that talk I heard as a kid about the 'godless Commies' was laughable in its paranoia; it just never rang true except to the same type of person that now finds Rush Limbaugh the voice of truth and reason...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think Obama is having fun with the Alien thing and doubt that he has access to that information or at least care to know. He seems to busy with his agenda and golfing than worrying about space aliens. I'd say, no president has had much evidence in regards to alien lifeforms other than illegal immigrants lol. I believe the whole "can neither confirm or deny" thing is more of a joke or a card to be used for the future or perhaps it's just that not matter what the president says, there's not going to be a way for them to prove it either way.

Just out of curiosity, is the US the only country valid in this thread or can any other country be a part of it? I'd say Hitler was very interested in Alien tech from what I've read but I cannot confirm or deny his actions involving it.
To take it a step further, what if the Nazi were the humans trying to save the earth from Aliens and the Aliens won, so now we have Aliens governing us and they are turning us into slaves? >woah.jpg Jokes aside, this thread seems like it'll be a lot of fun.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

I never post on UFO threads, but your presentation is first rate. Nice data collection, links, etc. Even if there's nothing to the UFO legends, and I have no idea if they are true or not (not having any firsthand knowledge), it's nice to see people here care so much about the presentation of their threads. Nice work.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Grant Cameron is very good at what he does and if you're interested in more from him, check out this lecture on the alleged cover up.

There's also this doc which is quite informative albeit a bit speculative, worth a watch nonetheless:

Additionally, the quote from Obama I would suggest is slightly tongue and cheek, but apart from that, very good thread.
edit on 1-12-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Herbert Bush, Rumsfeld, and Cheney are the Holy Trinity of US intelligence. All the connections are there if you want to take a little time to research it.

Any knowledge of UFO's was probably dealt with by them however they decided to deal with it and I doubt any president afterwards has gotten the full scope of what's going on.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Kudos on the thread, S&F.

Jackie Gleason's link to UFO's in an interesting one, and doesn't end there. The following story takes place in a restaurant with Gleason, a reporter named Bob Considine, and in eavesdropping government official.

Gleason had tried very hard to convince Considine, a nonbeliever, that UFOs existed. Gleason also was said to have claimed that as many as four presidents had told him that they knew UFO's existed.

But Considine wouldn't budge, until one day an air force officer overheard the two arguing in the restaurant.

The officer was Emmet O'Donnell, commander in chief of the Pacific air force from 1959 to 1963. That day, after overhearing Gleason and Considine, O'Donnell walked over to their table and politely interrupted them, then said two words to Considine.

"Jackie's right."

Beyond area 51

I think the last couple of POTUS have been deliberately kept in the dark about UFOs. With the constant pressure of disclosure and FOIA releases, They can't confirm or deny anything if they don't actually know anything.

The question is who is in charge of UFO investigation nowadays. You would think the air force brass would be the most likely candidates. But then again that's far too obvious, or maybe that's the point...hiding in plain sight.

edit on 2-12-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I would say given his military background and being president he would of known. He being a military man however means he knows how to keep a secret, and actually I believe he was responsible for it although realized too late that handing it over the to military industrial complex wasn't a good idea. People make bad choices and he was old so things got out of his hands.

Gotta wonder what deal Eisenhower made with Ets. For all we know he may of sold human race out.
edit on 2-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Obviously this took some time to compile and research. Very well done. Now under which President did James Forrestal toss himself out the window after supposedly gaining knowledge of ET?

I believe it was Truman, according to the leaked MJ-12 documents Forrestal died 22nd may 1949, and Truman left office in 1953.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I linked to the Cameron article in this post recently, glad to see it has it's own thread and well presented.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Excellent for bringing this topic up and good posts. Firstly, I can say Cameron is one of the credible researchers - that is he doesn't do what he does for any fame to even fabricate things like 'some other 'researchers' do' and is absolutely serious about his research and devotion in finding the truth. The question is only, isn't he in the same trap of UFO disinfo like the rest people?

I have heard of the Eisenhower meeting - wasn't that when the alleged Grenada Treaty (if such existed) was made?

This is the thing about UFOs and t he question I put, if the whole alien stuff is fiction, why so much effort and to this day was put in documents and other forms of evidence such as communication with the president and such.

I watch Cameron on Citizens Hearing On Disclosure and I think it was him (or was it S Friedman) who emphasized on the fact that:

People have access to the UFO description documents of light balls, other objects but the public does not have access to the actual communication and position of US presidents about UFO cases, nor any communication with the military or related people they have had.

And it was Friedman who said that the 'Need to know' basis means no matter how high security clearance you have, if you don't need to know, you will not see.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

SLAYER69
S & F

edit on st0PM2013ER69 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Yes the Forrestal story is an interesting one and linked to Truman (as someone else pointed out he was President at the time). It appears that despite his talents something had triggered a mental and nervous breakdown. Although the evidence is purely circumstantial it could all be linked to the UFO issue. Roswell was just 2 years in the past when Forrestal fell (or was pushed) to his death.

Although Richard Dolan isn't everyone's favourite researcher he did a decent write up speculating on what may have happened here :

rdolan.hostcentric.com...

Fastwalker81 also did an excellent job on ATS here :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is yet another dot that we can join together with other bits of information whilst still unable to see a clear picture.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Interesting theory about the Cold War being a front and the real arms build up was to frighten off threatening ETs. Now the Cold War ended more than 20 years ago and in recent years genuine unknowns in the UFO field have become rarer and rarer to find.

Perhaps we really did we win our secret battle? Or maybe the USSR decided it could no longer afford the massive expense and that explains current spending of the US Military and those hidden black budgets? Although it now seems India and China are more interested in space than the old superpowers. Perhaps they are involved too these days?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't think President Eisenhower was the last to know about aliens. I think he did have to force his hand though to get MJ 12 and the Area 51, S4 people to report to him; if anybody here has seen the youtube CIA deathbed confession:

www.youtube.com...

Eisenhower had to theaten them with an invasion to get them to talk. The way Presiden Reagan talked about an alien invasion bringing all the countries of earth together...not once but several times; I think he had knowledge. Now, he may have been the last one, we know that Clinton was told point blank that he "did not have the need to know", and I believe Carter was refused as well. Both Bush's, Sr. and Jr. probably had knowledge since one was running the CIA for years, and had the security clearance to know such things.

I don't think President Obama really gives a damn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join