It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama pushes Rosa Parks off the bus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by beezzer

Bush will have redemption in the history books for the honorable man he is and his contributions to this world. He has shoulder the blame for the worlds problems like a real leader. Obama and Clinton will never have the prestigious legacy of Bush.

Name one contribution Bush made to the world. If Bush had one shred of honor then he would turn himself in to the world court and face the charges for the war crimes he has committed. Bush has been nothing but a coward his whole life.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This picture is propaganda with it own people and country.Obama has been terrible at leadership it is bizarre.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am hardly an Obama fan - but this is clearly taking his actions out of context, or rather, replacing it's intent with someone else's opinion. Ol'Bama can't win I guess.

"Gahd, look at him walking on the street - he's making fun of regular people that don't have armored limos!"
"Gah! Look at him in his armored car! He's making fun of regular people who have to walk!"
"Now he's eating food! Just rub it in the face of all those people starving!"
edit on 2-12-2013 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

Here's one of him arguing with a store cashier. He's just a regular guy.

- "Hey! What about my presidential 10% discount?" -

Everything he does like this is a photo-op.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sometimes I have to check I haven't gone to World Net Daily or Conservapedia by mistake.

Sheesh.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

buster2010

Name one contribution Bush made to the world.

He gave us bushisms!

how can you ignore such comedy gold??

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

lol I like this one
"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber."

and this one
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I agree with both! rofl
edit on 2-12-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
Forgive me, but it looks to me like he is just giving some credit to Rosa Parks and tweeted a pic of him on the bus.

Why do we have to look into it any further? Is Obama figuratively pushing Parks off the bus, or are some of us just looking for something to complain about and taking the tweet out of context?

Exactly.... there are folks who don;t even know who Rosa Parks is, especially people on Twitter, so good on Obama for doing this.

People just LOVE to bitch and moan at everything, even positive things.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Jobeycool
This picture is propaganda with it own people and country.Obama has been terrible at leadership it is bizarre.

You think that advertising and public relations are "bizarre"?

TBH I wonder what world some of you people are living in where all this is "suddenly" due to Obama - have you not been paying attention to real life much lately?

you do understand that your "propaganda" is what everyone dose all the time - putting forth their best vision of themselves? That the Pharoes did it - the Caesars? That people do it every day on their CV's and on Facebook? And even on their gravestones??

And suddenly you think it is bizarre??

sorry - but I think YOU are bizarre for that!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Kratos40
reply to post by Bassago

Wow! The vitriol that exudes from this OP is sky high. The President of the United States of America, takes the time to go the same bus where Rosa Parks was forced to give up her seat to a white man and reflect upon the moment. This during the most painful era of American history. He did this to remind us current social retards (because we are wired to Facebook and other silly things), that this happened in the not so distant past.
Geez Almighty. I may not agree with all of his policies, but at least he did not forget about this important event.
I didn't know that ATS harbored racist, bigotted, closed-minded, socially retarded, first responders to this OP.
No wonder some of the past most prominent contributors to this forum have left.

Kratos

Hear hear!!

Indeed.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
Forgive me, but it looks to me like he is just giving some credit to Rosa Parks and tweeted a pic of him on the bus.

Why do we have to look into it any further? Is Obama figuratively pushing Parks off the bus, or are some of us just looking for something to complain about and taking the tweet out of context?

Definitely the latter. Some people have to make a big negative deal about anything Obama does. This thread and the comments of all the knee-jerk Obama haters is a textbook case of projection; thus, this thread is clearly about said posters, not Obama.

FTR, I have plenty of problems with Obama's policies and political leadership, and don't hesitate to bring them up -- protecting war, environmental and corporate criminals; shilling for the nuclear industry; subsidizing the health insurance industry and Big Pharma; illegal, unconstitutional surveillance of US citizens; illegal murdering of US citizens, etc.

So why do people make a big issue out of non-issues like this tweet and picture of his? And why such enmity against this president for such non-issues when no other president has been so roundly criticized for every last thing he says or does? Hmmm. Wonder why, wonder why. Couldn't have anything to do with him being the first black president could it??? Naw...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

Here's one of him arguing with a store cashier. He's just a regular guy.

- "Hey! What about my presidential 10% discount?" -

Everything he does like this is a photo-op.

Now you are trying to claim this guy is arguing with the clerk. Seriously??? [two thumbs down]

Ooh, this president does photo ops and tries to make everything into a photo op. No other presidents ever did that -- or read from a teleprompter for that matter.

Like I wrote previously, this thread is about yours and others' projections upon this president.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

A little tongue in cheek humor that's all. You've heard of it? (Maybe not.)

Lighten up a little it was a joke. Geez.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

bloodreviara
That to me is not a fair portrayal of what he was trying to do,
im no fan of the man or any of our recent presidents for that
matter but he is trying to point out that while 58 years ago it
was a bus seat, now the president of the united states is an
African American..... he isn't trying to take away from what
Rosa did but highlight how far we have come....
He is half white. Why does everyone keep saying he is African American? He is not the first African American prez, no matter how much people want to think he is, he is a mutt he even said he was. As far as being on the bus...............photo op, look at me. No one should ever be allowed to sit in that seat. No one.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

colddeadhands
King Obama must feel good about himself. He has singlehandedly stopped racism in America. All that is left to do in his humble life is destroy the planet. sarcasm

Obama has created more racism in this country! Hell...all Republicans, Tea Partiers and Rednecks are now racists...so says his minions.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

Of course. He was bi-racial when he was running for president, but when he became president, he was suddenly black.

African-American? Seems more African anyway with all the Kenya rumors

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

WeAreAWAKE

colddeadhands
King Obama must feel good about himself. He has singlehandedly stopped racism in America. All that is left to do in his humble life is destroy the planet. sarcasm

Obama has created more racism in this country! Hell...all Republicans, Tea Partiers and Rednecks are now racists...so says his minions.

No - they were always racists - just now every one knows it.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
They tweeted the same exact photo maybe a year ago.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Nah, this is just what happens when Obama gets on a bus full of people.

They get off!

I would have personally made him sit in the back so he finds out just how bumpy the ride is that he's taking us on. And if he was driving the bus, I could hear him saying, "Look ma! No hands!".

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join