It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama pushes Rosa Parks off the bus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Obama's narcissism has reached new heights as he positions himself in past important issues as well. In my opinion Obama doesn't have or display half the courage of Rosa Parks.

Barack Obama pushes Rosa Parks off the bus

President Barack Obama has visually pushed Rosa Parks off the anti-discrimination bus with a narcissistic Sunday tweet.

“In a single moment 58 years ago today, Rosa Parks helped change this country,” declared a 4:15 pm tweet from Obama’s Organizing for Action astroturf group.

The tweet included a photo of the first African American president of the United States sitting in the same bus and in the same seat from which Parks declined an order to move to the back of the bus during a protest in 1955.
    In a single moment 58 years ago today, Rosa Parks helped change this country.
    pic.twitter.com/C502SKfJnj
    — Barack Obama (@BarackObama) December 1, 2013

Here's the self aggrandizing picure he tweeted.

There is a large number of photographs of Rosa Park that could have illustrated OFA’s tweet about Parks.

Observers quickly noted the image of Obama sitting in Parks’ place and replies criticizing the president poured in.

I'm not surprised. I don't know whether to just shake my head or get sick.
edit on 987pm5353pm42013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

To me, his slumped shoulders seem to reflect what a morally broken man he has become.

I'm sure though Rosa whould be glad she's been reflected in a 'tweet'....

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Wow...really? Will this 'man' show any limits to his self-satisfying voyeurism?

What's next? Standing at the same podium as Martin Luther King and reciting his famous speech?

Obama is nothing compared to those who changed our history for the BETTER. Talk about a racist.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
King Obama must feel good about himself. He has singlehandedly stopped racism in America. All that is left to do in his humble life is destroy the planet. sarcasm

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Forgive me, but it looks to me like he is just giving some credit to Rosa Parks and tweeted a pic of him on the bus.

Why do we have to look into it any further? Is Obama figuratively pushing Parks off the bus, or are some of us just looking for something to complain about and taking the tweet out of context?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

or are some of us just looking for something to complain about and taking the tweet out of context?

Not just us. Anyway he could have used any picture of Rosa and there would not have been an issue. In this case, with Obama, I don't think it was out of context.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Let me ask, if this was just some random black dude that tweeted this......would anyone even think anything of it?

No, its because its Obama and we need something to be outraged about. Plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I dont see nothing wrong with what he did. I dont like obama but hating on everything what he does seems meaningless

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Obama celebrating MLK Day.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
He has taken it all the way back to 1955 immersing himself in the scene. His white half telling him to mosey on to the back and his black half staring vigilantly out the window in defiance. Then the question creeps in what would Tiger Woods do? Oh wait darn nvm he's part Chinese. Then it comes to him this bus represents America and the freedoms of people regardless of skin color. Rosa chose her seat and so am I, its the drivers seat this time and I'm taking everyone for a ride.

Nods his head, texts Jay Z "got back to my roots today, were blazing tonight bring Beyonce, hit me back" does the seawalk off the bus.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Obama celebrating the 4th.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

OK, that does it.

I've gone from indignant to outraged now.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Obama is nothing more then a pathetic child like adult that can't tolerate the fact he is the most failed POTUS in history.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Dunno if this is real or not. Scary if it is. . . . .

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

sheepslayer247

No, its because its Obama and we need something to be outraged about. Plain and simple.

You gotta admit, he makes it pretty easy.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
But...would you call a republican who did the same things Obama is doing "King..whomever" Or do you only hold that view for Obama? As in most political threads, I don't really believe that your critical eye would turn on someone in your own party. This IS the problem with American politics.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Nine months before Rosa Parks sat on the bus a young 15 year old girl in the same city, Montgomery, did it first and was arrested. Her name is Claudette Colvin. She's still alive and should be honored with all the honors America could give her. The Medal of Freedom to start with would be nice.

Here's her Wikipedia page. You will read how two other young teenagers did the same long before Rosa Parks. The court case coming from their actions, Browder v. Gayle, was the court case that ended the Montgomery Bus Boycott in 1956:

en.wikipedia.org... (Colvin's page)
en.wikipedia.org... (The lawsuit page, Browder v. Gayle)

Claudette Colvin is someone President Obama should be hanging out with, showering with gifts and gratitude, and if a statue of Rose Parks is in statuary hall in America's capital, it should stand in the shadow of Colvin's.

edit on 1-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Wow! The vitriol that exudes from this OP is sky high. The President of the United States of America, takes the time to go the same bus where Rosa Parks was forced to give up her seat to a white man and reflect upon the moment. This during the most painful era of American history. He did this to remind us current social retards (because we are wired to Facebook and other silly things), that this happened in the not so distant past.
Geez Almighty. I may not agree with all of his policies, but at least he did not forget about this important event.
I didn't know that ATS harbored racist, bigotted, closed-minded, socially retarded, first responders to this OP.
No wonder some of the past most prominent contributors to this forum have left.

Kratos

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

beezzer
Obama celebrating MLK Day.

Not fair Beez, he is not emulating, just looking and maybe reflecting on what happened to others. for good reason. There never was/is good reason for discrimination of any kind.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

As for this thread and the pictures of Obama at the sites, I agree, nothing wrong with his actions and his honoring of some of the events which ended legal segregation in America is principled and the moral thing to do on his part. Why didn't any of the Bush's, or Clinton, or any of the others, go sit in that seat on the bus at some point, to reflect and to honor? The right thing to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join