It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Website Crashes When CNN Tests Upgraded Version

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

From the people I've spoke to, the things I've read Obama-care isn't the devil as some here propose it to be.

Who have you spoke to, you have recordings of Real People who've actually signed up with obamacare and gotten a better deal?

To give the CliffsNotes version of the three-hour session, it went a little like this: The woman beside me, named Jenny, a naturalized citizen from Ecuador, spent two and a half hours trying to crunch through the system before it finally returned her to the first page, then locked her out. She never even saw the prices. The same happened to her colleague, Sue, sitting next to her. They both need insurance now, because the endocrinologist they work for had to cancel theirs because it didn’t meet Obamacare requirements. They’re hoping not only that they can get insurance, but also that they can keep their jobs, since Jenny, who does billing for the doctor, says Obamacare is completely convoluting how, if at all, they’ll be able to collect money from patients.

Two men sitting behind me get to a price list, though one wigs out because of the high premiums and leaves. The other finds a relatively cheap plan, but the deductible is so high, for his family of four, that he says, “I can’t touch this.” And he leaves, too. The two people on the other side of Jenny and Sue, whom I never even meet, leave after about 30 minutes. Blade suggests it’s probably because of “sticker shock,” if they even got that far. A recurring problem, he says, in his line of work.

All told, even with all the hand-holding Navigators, I’m assured by members of the two Navigator groups who worked the session that of the 100 or so prospects in attendance, exactly none walked out with a completed enrollment.

Hard Sell

Yup, Nothing but goods news from the people trying to sign up with obama care.
Can't you just see their Happy Smiling Faces

edit on 2-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I like how everyone acts like Obama is coding the website. Nobody really reports on where that money went and who all is involved. Instead they give you a story about the website crashing which is not the real problem. Tossing half a billion dollars to your buddies when you say you're coding a website, which really shouldn't cost more than a few hundred thousand, is what they think we're too stupid to question.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

So, it isn't outside the realm of possibility that the problems plaguing the Obama care website are the result of republicans deliberately putting pressure on the site, is it ?

This is quite ridiculous, since even the folks hired by the Obama Administration
to find the problems announced today that the site needs to be rebuilt, entirely.

No security ever built into Obamacare site: Hacker

Yep, it was faulty from the start! It was built without security measures!
Who is to blame for this? Sebelius, Obama, Pelosi, Reid....
www.cnbc.com...

"When you develop a website, you develop it with security in mind. And it doesn't appear to have happened this time," said David Kennedy, a so-called "white hat" hacker who tests online security by breaching websites. He testified on Capitol Hill about the flaws of HealthCare.gov last week.

"It's really hard to go back and fix the security around it because security wasn't built into it," said Kennedy, chief executive of TrustedSec. "We're talking multiple months to over a year to at least address some of the critical-to-high exposures on the website itself."

According to the Department of Health and Human Services, which oversaw the implementation of the website, the components used to build the site are compliant with standards set by Federal security authorities.

"The privacy and security of consumers' personal information are a top priority for us. Security testing happens on an ongoing basis using industry best practices to appropriately safeguard consumers' personal information," said the spokesperson.

Another online security expert—who spoke at last week's House hearing and then on CNBC—said the federal Obamacare website needs to be shut down and rebuilt from scratch. Morgan Wright, CEO of Crowd Sourced Investigations said: "There's not a plan to fix this that meets the sniff test of being reasonable."

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

From the people I've spoke to, the things I've read Obama-care isn't the devil as some here propose it to be.

Again, still waiting for those recording from the people you talk to, Please attach a source for your claim of Praise for Obama-care. You know the part where it's not the devil. Please try not to use the Obama or Pelosi web sites.
Here you might want to read this, these people aren't having luck with obama-care, you might want to call obama and tell him, his Hope and Change you voted for isn't working.

Is President Obama’s latest health care promise – that his plan will offer “most” people a better plan for the same price or less than their current policy – actually true?

Some analysts say no.

"That’s not an accurate argument," says Avik Roy of the Manhattan Institute. "If your plan is now covering a bunch of things that you don’t need, then how is it a better plan for you?"
Former Congressional Budget Office Director Doug Holtz-Eakin says there's no evidence to support the president's claim.

Obama’s remarks last month were an effort to deflect criticism for having earlier promised that people could keep their plans and doctors no matter what.

"Most people, he said, "will be able to buy better plans for the same price or even cheaper than what they've gotten before."
A few days after that promise, the president appeared to downgrade the pledge somewhat, saying only that "there's a good chance that they'll be able to buy better insurance at lower cost."
The promise that "most people" would be better off is sharply disputed by many, including a number of individuals experiencing sticker shock, including those with pre-existing conditions.

Yes, Shocker,,, Obama Lied!

They include Tom Gialanella of Seattle, who had a policy that was renewed for years even after he had cancer -- not the kind of sub-standard policy the president likes to criticize.

But he says his new policy under ObamaCare "went from $891 a month to $1,437 a month and also my deductibles all doubled."
Andrew Leonard recently told Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren that he "would get the terrible, terrible plan with the $6,000 deductible." As far as the premiums are concerned, he said, " I'll pay $1,200 dollars a year for that and I'll be less insured than I am today."

Fact Check

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Yeah, except the fact that the website has been shown to be built basically with chicken wire and bubble gum.

It wouldn't take 2 kids running DOS attach bots to bring it down. It is jacked up all on its own.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

really?
look at how immature and underhanded republicans are when they don't get their way.

Paying some kids a few thousand bucks to spam the website and bring it to its knee's would be as easy as posting a link on Craigslist.

What on Earth do Republicans have to do with anything here???? Did the Republican National Committee or anyone associated with it design Healthcare.gov? Did anyone there choose the contractors that screwed this up 10 ways from sunday? Is the RNC choosing the people who are fixing it at hundreds of millions of dollars more...to see it STILL crashing?

Also... If ANYONE is capable of "hiring some kids" to bring down Healthcare.gov, then some of the people behind designing it need to go to prison for outright fraud.

This site is designed to service and take the ongoing business of OVER A HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE. Perhaps, closer to two hundred million by the time it's all said and done....and it's CAPABLE of being DDOS'ed by amateur hour? That isn't the fault of the DDOS'ers. Not on THIS one. THAT is a monument to total incompetence when a site designed to function on this scale *CAN* be brought down that way AT ALL.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It is Bush's fault. Cheney bombed the data center the servers were housed in and Bush is eating the digital soul of the network equipment.

It truly is amazing that people don't see the issue for what it is. The Govt will screw up a wet dream every time. This website and the take over is not exempt from this.

Let's hope they throw more money at it.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

palmalBlue2
Well, with only 30% of it built, what did they expect? Jeez and to go hire CNN to test it...ROTFLMAO.
WoW is all I can say.

Knowing there is virtually NO security set up on there [some WP article, based on senate hearings]...people are STILL giving their personal info on a HACKED website??!! i hate stupid, i really do.
S&f for you..thanks for fighting stupid, but I think at times its a losing battle.

The lack of security does not make the site 'Hacked' in any way - the presence of a malicious contact does.

Until someone comes out with the headline 'OMG I HACKED OBAMACARE AND GOT EVERY SOCIAL EVER' - I don't see it as an issue. The site might not be verisigned or even cert'd for that matter ( haven't been there... ), but it takes a programmer with a severe lack of judgement to implement a security hole in a brand new website. I suppose this wouldn't be beyond some of the 'elite programmers' at the governments disposal, but anyone with a couple of years experience knows how to avoid creating vulnerable back doors. But who knows... Maybe it was an inside job!.....

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DigitalJedi805

Yep, not really a hacking issue but how traffic is passed between the user and the web servers.
Also, how the info is stored on the data servers.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

i have also spoken to people who have had no problem and got better policies. i haven't tried it out myself yet because i have healthcare and i'm not desperate for a new policy although i'm fine with switching and i'm guessing i'll get a better deal since what i have is bare bones. i'm also glad i CAN switch since i have a pre-existing condition.

my friends are not going to give you their names or record themselves. it doesn't matter if you believe it or not but there are plenty of success stories out there. the website may be glitchy but i just don't see it as a panic freakout kind of thing. i like the new law and having an exchange to shop around in even if i have to do it via application and/or over the phone. life existed before the internet.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

whywhynot

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by macman

but but but... It's really pretty to look at now, and does all kinds of neat things when you click on the site links....when it works, anyway.

That has to count for something, eh? (hops off to jump in hole, ahead of thrown objects)

Not so fast wrabbit...before you hop away realize that the Utah Data Center (code name Bumblehive) would like to thank you for visiting healthcare.gov and it now has your ip address and location. They are presently correlating that visit with all other sites that you have visited in the last six months. Hope that you didn't order pizza on line or if you did I hope that it was thin crust, low fat cheese and chicken so that your ip is reporting only healthy eating habits to the Obamacare master data site. They also want to know why you get $100 every thursday at the same ATM and why your ATM camera shot looks just like your ATS avatar.

Seriously, just looking at this site can cause issues that you cannot fix. And, yes I'm a little paranoid about it but who could blame me.

NSA Utah Data Center

Get a load of the sign out front.

They even admit on their website that they will gather ALL of your data including just visiting a website:

internet searches
websites visited
emails sent and received
social media activity (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
blogging activity including posts read, written, and commented on - View our patent
videos watched and/or uploaded online
photos viewed and/or uploaded online
mobile phone GPS-location data
mobile phone apps downloaded
phone call records - View our patent
text messages sent and received
Skype video calls
online purchases and auction transactions
credit card/ debit card transactions
financial information
legal documents
travel documents
health records
cable television shows watched and recorded
commuter toll records
electronic bus and subway passes / Smartpasses
facial recognition data from surveillance cameras
educational records
arrest records
driver license information

edit on 2-12-2013 by whywhynot because: Additional thought

That site states very clearly at the bottom that it is a parody of the NSA website.

This is a parody of nsa.gov and has not been approved, endorsed, or authorized by the National Security Agency or by any other U.S. Government agency

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Are you sure that wasn't the new iphone snooping app people can use to spy on their significant others?

Seriously though, I agree with you on this NSA spying bit.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pants3204

It may be a "parody", but do you doubt it's probability?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join