It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lion new source of food in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
GRAPHIC IMAGE ON LINK
www.yourmiddleeast.com...

BBC journalist and Your Middle East contributor Julia Macfarlane has posted a picture on her Facebook page showing the slaughtering of a lion at al-Qarya al-Shama Zoo. Residents of Ghouta, the Damascus suburb widely known for the chemical attacks earlier this summer, appears to have little choice but eat animals from the park. Starvation is spreading across the capital, particularly in rebel-held areas.

"People haven't eaten in days, my family is moving from house to house and have no food or money left," an anonymous source living in Damascus tells Your Middle East over Skype.

Reports right now are saying one of 2 things, it's the rebels skinning the lion or the residents of Ghouta. The picture submission is reported to either have come from an activist or BBC journalist.

You may remember Ghouta from back in August being the center for the chamical attack tragedy. Ghouta is rebel held and Assad's forces have done everything they can do stop the supply of food and medicine from reaching the area because it is rebel held. The real victims are the civilians in the area who have resorted to killing everything from pets to lions.

Other Links,

Starving rebels eat lion from a Damascus zoo

An image that shows desperation of Syria's hungry? Or just a misunderstood picture on social media? Shot of people skinning lion goes viral

After eating cats and dogs.. Al Ghouta residents eat a lion due to the severity of the siege

edit on 1-12-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

whoa.. that is a horrid life now for those people.

what next? MY GOD all these poor people are no doubt praying to their God daily. And look at the desperation, think of the people not lucky enough to be present. What are THEY eating.

WIth all the BILLIONS in BILLIONAIRES BANK ACCOUNTS.

How much would a couple C-130s loaded with pallets of MRE's really cost to be air dropped?

How about a dozen planes air dropping pallets all about, at the same time of course. That way the low man on the totem pole has a chance at some food too.?

couldn't cost that much.
edit on 1-12-2013 by HanzHenry because: clear

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Two dead lions in the news recently and I was waiting for a third!

Got it!

Three dead lions. Hmmm.
edit on 1-12-2013 by OneFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

What I don't understand is the the West and Middle Eastern Allies have been sending billions of dollars worth of non lethal aid since the start, so where is it all going? Assad's force are known for raiding houses and taking supplies but are they taking billions worth of aid from houses in rebel controlled areas?

Qatar campaign aids Syrians besieged in Ghouta

Qatar's Sheikh Thani bin Abdullah Foundation for Humanitarian Services (RAF) has launched a large-scale campaign to provide humanitarian aid to Syrian citizens besieged in the Damascus suburbs of Ghouta, Qatar's Al-Arab reported Wednesday (November 6th).

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by Swills

whoa.. that is a horrid life now for those people.

what next? MY GOD all these poor people are no doubt praying to their God daily. And look at the desperation, think of the people not lucky enough to be present. What are THEY eating.

How much would a couple C-130s loaded with pallets of MRE's really cost to be air dropped?

How about a dozen planes air dropping pallets all about, at the same time of course. That way the low man on the totem pole has a chance at some food too.?

couldn't cost that much.

I have to agree with you here - the polarization and distribution of wealth in this world is truly horrific and morally indefensible .....

I think humanity requires or in fact desperately needs a CULL of some sort to bring back into focus what is truly important...
Regards
PDUK

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Those guys dont look emaciated at all and look way to pleased with their "trophy" to be starving in my opinion.

Im not buying its for food, Assad means lion according to one of the linked articles. My money is on this being a message to Assad.

The MSM is against Assad, it would be interesting to know how long the pic had been doing the rounds before the media picked it up. My tinfoil hat tingling tells me the killed for food story was made up to hide the rebels barbarity.

We cant have Assad looking like the good guy can we.

Then again maybe Im just biased and angry that I had to see that picture

edit on 1/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Interesting take on things. The one fact that can't be ignored is that the residents are actually starving.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Swills

Interesting take on things. The one fact that can't be ignored is that the residents are actually starving.

I have no doubts the residents are but I doubt the "rebels" are starving with them.

People with alot of guns behind them seem to be able to "convince" people in these situations that they should be the ones to look after the food, fuel etc etc

I dont think the Syrian rebels are even Syrian, I dont trust a thing I hear on the MSM and even less so when its as murky as this story (of the 3 articles I read all they can agree on is that it is in fact a lion, they dont even know who took the pic so how can they know what is going on? 1 speculated it was for warmth not food!!!) and to top it off the sight of people smiling while holding and skinning the animal just makes me sick.

Whatever the truth behind the pic is its disgusting and barbaric and as a human Im ashamed

edit on 1/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

PurpleDog UK

HanzHenry
reply to post by Swills

I think humanity requires or in fact desperately needs a CULL of some sort to bring back into focus what is truly important...
Regards
PDUK

everyone with more than a million dollars.. that is a good level. and all their heirs.

To think that if the ultra rich and their underlings could be "reduced" to the lifestyle of a guy with about a million bucks, and EVERYONE else could live that way too?

ffs WHY hasn't it happened already.

Everybody gets a house/farm at roughly the value of a $500k dollar one today. A couple $50,000 cars. (good ones like a Mercedes Suv and a diesel pickup), a NICE garden, nice HUGE garage/barn/workshop, and instead of the same people eating caviar and Kobe beef every night, each family gets it twice/or so a year. Everyone gets a nice 2 week international vacation at a decent Hotel.. ONCE A YEAR.

seriously, why not?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

everyone with more than a million dollars.. that is a good level. and all their heirs.

To think that if the ultra rich and their underlings could be "reduced" to the lifestyle of a guy with about a million bucks, and EVERYONE else could live that way too?

Everybody gets a house/farm at roughly the value of a $500k dollar one today. A couple $50,000 cars. (good ones like a Mercedes Suv and a diesel pickup), a NICE garden, nice HUGE garage/barn/workshop, and instead of the same people eating caviar and Kobe beef every night, each family gets it twice/or so a year. Everyone gets a nice 2 week international vacation at a decent Hotel.. ONCE A YEAR.

seriously, why not?

We have roughly 6 billion people on this planet, If all of them lived like the average American, European or Aussie wed run out of resources in a year!!!!!

We could all live like that if we cut the population by about 90%.
Unfortunately if it did happen I doubt very much me or you would be part of that lucky 10%

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This thread and awful picture does worry me...... Couple that with regular beheadings, butchering of fellow human beings and eating the 'still beating Heart" of your enemy soldiers is an illustration of radicalism, fanaticism and ultimately the next crop of dis-affected people whom will cause danger to everyone .......

Then when you wonder how this all started ...? It was because of a desire an motivation from our governments for some reason yet to be explained....worrying

PDUK

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Like I said in an earlier post above, billions upon billions has been sent to Syria to aid the rebels and civilians. Are Assad's forces successfully confiscating and intercepting everything?

I more inclined to believe the folks in the pic are residents rather than rebels. You do make a good observation, the fat man holding the lion, how hungry is he?

I like your point that this could also be a message to Assad, from the the rebels with love. If Assad is ever on the run like Saddam or Gadaffi then he knows exactly what fate he'll meet, and in this case Syria is Libya 2.0, not Iraq 2.0.

And you're right, a good majority of rebels are terrorists and mercenaries.

www.cfr.org...

edit on 1-12-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I personally dont see Assad as a bad guy for confiscating anything the international community sends to the rebels.

Lets assume for a second these guys are actually Syrian and not Jihadists from all over the Middle East.
What would any government in the world do in his situation?
Can you see Abbot or Obama saying "OK its only food, well let this get through so they can continue their uprising"

Lets be honest, none of us REALLY know whats going on over there but in situations like these Im inclined to believe the exact opposite of what the MSM tells us.
Looking back, the opposite to what the MSM has said about pretty much every other conflict in the region has been correct

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

seriously, why not?

We have roughly 6 billion people on this planet, If all of them lived like the average American, European or Aussie wed run out of resources in a year!!!!!

We could all live like that if we cut the population by about 90%.
Unfortunately if it did happen I doubt very much me or you would be part of that lucky 10%

not true.. the exact opposite would happen. Fossil fuels would be for the recreational/nostalgia class of autos.

Once the masters of control wouldn't have it, renewable energy sources would thrive.

An electric car has an electric motor. Why can't it have a hi powered alternator driven by the motor, same as a gas engine car uses a belt to drive. Alternators on cars are tiny and restricted substancially from their output potential. As that would fry the 12v system.

Think outside the box.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The real supporters of the insane "Syrian" rebels should be ashamed of themselves to have caused some of the most horrendous crimes against humanity ever witnessed...What was so bad about a Syria who used to be happy ,productive and a mostly stable country?,except that Assad was an ally of Iran of course and BIBI didn't like that idea...But time washes off the fake paints and exposes the cowards and the liers for whom they really are and people will revenge ,big time,we shall see.

new topics

top topics

join