It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY ARE YOU AT ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

intrepid

FissionSurplus
As I told a Jehovah's Witness who told me I was going to hell, "Well, if heaven is filled with people such as yourself, I'd rather go to hell. Thanks anyway."

JW's don't believe in Hell.

Actually, they do. Sorry to bust yer bubble on that one, Intrepid. It's not the classic hell of fire and brimstone, but it is a version of hell that they want to avoid. They call it the "doctrine of annihilation"...to whit:

people will not go on existing, that eventually God will just extinguish some/all souls rather than leaving them in a state of eternal punishment.

christianity.stackexchange.com...

Technically, Jehovah's Witnesses do believe in Hell, but (a) their beliefs about Hell are quite unusual, and (b) they generally don't use the name "Hell". (So it's simpler to say they don't believe in Hell.)

ibid

That particular JW used the term "hell" for me so that I might be afraid, and understand that it was something I wanted to avoid. Didn't work.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Hell to JW's is referenced by Sheol and Gehennah(depending on either Hebrew or Greek). Which mean either the "grave" or "pit". They don't believe in a place of burning and torment.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The place of burning and torment from my understanding is
meant for THE WICKED. Certainly it is the place that bares
the obvious difference between an unsaved sinner of the
commons. From the wholesale believer in Evil and the Fallen
Angels who turned to the opposite of the good and Godly.
My belief in the correct understanding as I lay it out here,
is only an exponential snowball from day to day.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I started on ATS in 2008 because I wanted to see what people were saying about a story that I have personal and professional knowledge of and frankly I found a great many of them to be fear-mongers and well...wrong

So I stayed on for two years because I made a good deal of friends. One day I just decided I had enough and I left for about 2 years (I think that long...maybe three) because I realized just how annoying the so-called 'awake' members are.

Now I am here to get news and participate in a few discussions here and there

but mostly news which is usually quickly posted. I just have to sift through the BS first

But yes there are a few conspiracies I actually believe in and would love to know the answers to so I look around those as well

but yes...I am a dreaded nonbeliever in most cases...what do they call me again? oh yeah...a shill...a disinfo agent

man I only WISH I could get paid to spread disinfo

Of...and to Fraud...

let's not forget the cycle and another truth

"The bible is correct. Why? Because god told me so? Why because it's in the bible. Why? Because god told me so...and so forth"

Also, let's not forget how much of Christianity was taken from the pagans and warped to fit it in and convert said Pagans

but yes...this book by man is definitely the only truth

KyoZero

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I'm here mostly to see what theories are regarding the bible. I find it really interesting to see people's different interpretations and points of view on it.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kromlech

ou do realize Islam arrived late on the scene -- 600+ years AFTER Christ -- right?

Using that logic, a Jew can just as well discredit Christianity because it arrived ''late'', more than a 1000 years AFTER Moses.

Is a religion valid only if it was established within a certain time frame?

you DO realize Christ made it clear only FALSE prophets would arise AFTER him, RIGHT?

Whether you realize it or not, Islam is the ONLY other religon besides Christianity that teaches that Jesus was the virgin born Messiah, who will return in the future.

... and Jesus said ''he who is not against you is for you''.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I like how the OP complained about the Religion forum being full of ''haters'', and then went on to declare that ''any other belief is useless''.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Using that logic, a Jew can just as well discredit Christianity because it arrived ''late'', more than a 1000 years AFTER Moses.

Not even close. Christianity follows JESUS .. not Moses.
Judaism is prophecy religion that is 'accomplished'.
Christianity is a NEW religion based on the NEW Testament.

Is a religion valid only if it was established within a certain time frame?

Timeframe effects credibility. When it comes to Christ, Islam has none.
Gospels ... written by Apostles of Jesus and/or the followers of the Apostles.
Qu'ran ... made up fiction ... 600+ years after the events. Not credible.

But that's a discussion for the religion forum. Not this one.
And the OP has been banned .... so whatever.
edit on 1/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm just here for the great food. Coffee's not bad either.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join