It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in Ukraine !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Tens of thousands of pro-EU demonstrators march in ‘revolution’ against government

More than 100,000 demonstrators chased away police to rally in the centre of Ukraine’s capital on Sunday, defying a government ban on protests on Independence Square, in the biggest show of anger over the president’s refusal to sign an agreement with the European Union.

Thousands of demonstrators tried to storm the nearby presidential administration building, but were driven back by riot police using tear gas and flash grenades, which produce a loud bang but are not intended to cause injury. The standoff continued, with more demonstrators arriving.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

I support people of Ukraine .Their future is in EU, not under the iron hand of Putin.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yeah, let them live under the iron hand of the corrupt EU mandarins instead!

Anything Ukraine has will be open for exploitation by EU based corporations, offshoring any profits. The banks will move in and screw things up further and the country will then be expected to take out loans and then join the money shuffling of Euro state bailouts in the neverending money-go round. The people will will of course be free to travel to other European states, which of course are paved with gold and opportunities for enrichment abound!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

i agree with you there , i think they need Nigel Farage to lecture them before even thinking of what they're asking for.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Situation is escalating quickly

Live updates

rt.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
There is a genuine movement against the corrupt government which has been stealing elections.
The media is hyping the "Pro -EU" stance.
I would wager that most people are just "Anti-Corruption" with an earnest desire for democracy.
Revolution is a pretty strong word.
Somehow it doesn't look like they have the numbers on their side in Xavi's video.
edit on 1-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
There is a genuine revolution against the corrupt government which has been stealing elections.
I would wager that most people are just "Anti-Corruption" with an earnest desire for democracy.

Exactly , but protesters are clearly pro - EU

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

xavi1000

Asktheanimals
There is a genuine revolution against the corrupt government which has been stealing elections.

It isn't clear to me.
What am I missing?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Asktheanimals

Non of which the EU would solve. The EU is run by unelected people and the EC is a corrupt as Western Bankers and to top it off the EU is economically broke.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Asktheanimals

xavi1000

Asktheanimals

It isn't clear to me.
What am I missing?

“We are furious,” said Mykola Sapronov, a 62-year-old retired businessman. “The leaders must resign. We want Europe and freedom.”
“They want to take our freedom away from us,” said Nina Moskalik, 25. “They beat people, they spill blood. This is why we have to come out.

Protests have been held daily in Kyiv since Yanukovych backed away from an agreement that would have established free trade and deepened political co-operation between Ukraine and the EU. He justified the decision by saying that Ukraine could not afford to break trade ties with Russia.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure which is better for them? The EU in deep deep financial crisis and a very uncertain future, with member nations outright failing and close to failure ...or Russia where they have such small debt, they could pay it with hard reserves on hand and have a literal powerhouse of potential in resources to develop as well as industrial base to rebuild.

I'd flip a coin and say Russia by a hair on personal opinion. That's me tho...and I've really lost all respect for the 'Rule by Debt' attitude Western nations have come to embrace like a Religion.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Asktheanimals
It isn't clear to me.
What am I missing?

I guess the Ukranians just don't know yet what they're in for with the EU.

I have to say though, maybe the €U-Centralists (as much as I dispise them) are even the better choice for the Ukranians in this case.

The best choice would be independence of course, but such things are sadly neither wanted nor granted anymore.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I have to agree also. I am not saying that Russia doesn't have their problems but I know the EU has many policies that would possibly make life for Russia people worse in the longrun. The industrialized societies are about to crumble because of risky ventures with their economies. Russia joining them will just push the problem a little further into the future and increase the size of the problem in a few years. Russia may be able to send aid if they are separate. It seems that the west and Europe want the whole world to collapse at the same time. This way nobody can seize power.

Russia does not need to expand, if Putin was smart he would see that. They do not need to join the devil...The devil being deceit and not necessarily a living being. Deceit forms a collective consciousness between the ones who like to swindle others out of what they have. Russia has enough deceit of their own, they do not need to start combining with others to boost their people's reliance on deceit to live.

I am not saying Russia is good. I am saying I do not think that they should allow more corruption of their citizens.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
although i think this is fantastic news and the Ukraine deserves their independence, the EU isn't the way to go, they are just rapists of a different color.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
In reality the EU comprises democracies where the constituent membership nations are orderly and fairly well run. Many may be in an economic quagmire, and we can all complain about the lack of transparency in some EU institutions, but the EU is the largest economic block and journalists are not murdered or political opponents jailed in kangaroo courts before disappearing, as is the case in the Russian Federation.

If I was Ukrainian I would prefer to be aligned with the EU rather than the homophobic Putin and his autocracy.

Regards

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
When you have a choice between Russia and the EU of course you want to go the EU route. However, the EU is not going to punish you for not joining. Russia on the other hand has not problem shutting of your, your gas supplies or anything else to get you to do what they want. They do the same in Moldova. Also the massive corruption in Russia means you also will have that corruption, a problem Ukraine already has. Russia is desperate, they are losing influence to the west along one border and to China on another. Unitl Russia gets a leader who will be strong a crackdown on the massive corruption that is crushing every part of Russian society, Russian will continue on a downward slide.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Before Ukrainians even consider joining The EU, they need to sort out their problem with racism. The EU is made of of many race's most of which some Ukrainians seem to have issues with.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Non of which the EU would solve. The EU is run by unelected people and the EC is a corrupt as Western Bankers and to top it off the EU is economically broke.

You hit the nail on the head with that one. Nice.

Which brings the whole thing full circle as why the EU is so desperate to get the Ukraine into their little club.

reply to post by paraphi

EU comprises democracies where the constituent membership nations are orderly and fairly well run. Many may be in an economic quagmire

Orderly and well run is the opposite of self induced greed and corruption driven economic quagmire.

edit on 821pm3939pm122013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

A lot of talk on which choice is corrupt. Russia or EU? The reality is they are at slightly different points on the corruption spectrum as are most governments. Pick your poison.

It is pretty cool though these folks have enough honor and motivation to get out there, defy BS government instructions, and let the world know what they think. We could use more of that in the US. I wonder if they want to become the next state? Can we at least rent-a-mob for the next election cycle?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Revolution in Ukraine?? nope just some idiots wanting the European Union badly.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
There is a genuine movement against the corrupt government which has been stealing elections.
Revolution is a pretty strong word.
Somehow it doesn't look like they have the numbers on their side in Xavi's video.
edit on 1-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

So just because the current government is Pro Russian that means his stealing elections?

Well it is because thats what the protesters are protesting about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join