It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Incredible Kundalini

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

I appreciate the anecdote, allusion and description, and understand a tad more of what you're trying to convey. And it seems to jibe with a certain body of experiential ...data. I am at a disadvantage because though I've had glimpses, I'm seemingly unable to see this underlying reality with the clarity some claim to have. My third eye is scratched bifocals.

But I also agree as to leaving this thread to the poor OP. I have actually encountered some spinal energy weirdness before and even though it might be just an illusory aspect, rather than any finality in regards to a reality, the thing rather incorrectly termed kundalini deserves some discussion.

Unleashing it, or having it show up when one doesn't fully understand it can cause chaos... and I might agree that few, if any, really understand it... or much of anything, for that matter.

Perhaps a new thread about your perceived model of existence?

Sorry OP.
edit on 12/7/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I feel neither ecstasy or dark night.

Whether I be a universe or the void, or both at once,
I cannot ascertain a difference or a preference.

That is my experience.

BTW, love Rumi.. love your posts.

KPB

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

To date, I've gotten little or no good feedback
on threads in the metaphysics section, so that's
why I've not been posting here except a few
responses here and there.

Unfortunately when I reply to other's posts, I
often take over the OP's thread, and that is
not what I want to do.

So perhaps it's just better if I leave this folder
alone. I might start a blog.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think it will help if people are forthcoming about the procedure/practice adopted and experiences gained.

Yoga is a practical thing. It is not about philosophy or religion. However there are pre-requisites and discipline is hard.

I came to this thread to share knowledge in a simple and understandable way.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There are fake teachers who are using psychotic drugs to influence pupil's metal state through suggestive imagery.

This is NOT yoga.

A Yoga aspirant has to be complete vegetarian, and stay away from drugs and fermented drinks and foods.

A yoga aspirant has to cleanse his/her body and soul constantly to make progress.

The sitting posture itself like "Siddhasan" that is must for achieving soul's journey into inner regions is achieved after long long practice. If you have any doubts, try sitting in "Siddhasan" for a few hours.

There are stages in Yoga. The beginning stages involves cleansing of body and mind.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Sometimes, one persons "drugs" are another persons sacred entheogens.

I've taken 6 week Kundalini yoga classes. I've experienced some amazing things doing yoga, and I didn't give up fermented drinks.

I think excessive rules and rigid programs are sometimes a placebo-like crutch.

Better to listen to your inner guru.

edit on 9-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hello everyone. This is my second or third post on this site. I would actually like to ask for some guidance... To give a brief background about myself; I've been meditating, and conceptualizing on the goals of meditation for about 4 years. During this time, I've had great breakthroughs while witnessing the "witness" sort of speak. But these breakthroughs were never physical. They all had to with expanding my mental capacity, and therefore grasping more perspectives. I never had any physical symptoms as a result of these expansions/insights. Just more clarity on "what is" as opposed to "what should be."

I don't know if it counts for anything, but I've also had the honor to attend to a couple Shamanic Ayahuasca, and San Pedro rituals. But not even in those rituals, even under the influence have I had the experience I recently had.

In the past 10 months, things in my life have completely changed. The company that I work for, offered me a job in another country. I took the job, and for the first time in my life, I was without distractions. I was in a land where I didn't know anyone. All I had was work, and time to myself.

The experience: This is a subjective experience trying to articulate itself in verbs for the first time.

On November 17th, I started meditating. I wouldn't even be able to begin to articulate on how and when during the meditation it began, but it was as if, something, something very familiar was calling me. This was a very warm, more of a child-like, call. By then things started picking up very rapidly, and in the blink of an eye, I've come to understand that this thing was in communication with me all along. It was the small things, but they had always been there. How it's been always there tirelessly, and constantly giving me clues... I never had given the day to notice them. I bet it's the same with everyone else, specific to subjective memories, and symbols around those memories. Just to give an example, ever since I've known myself, if you give me a piece of paper and a pen, I draw spirals. I never even paid any attention to that. This thing, it had been in communication with me pretty much all my life. It had showed itself in whole life all along.

It was hidden on the side of my body that I was not using. It desired to integrate itself into organic matter. This was more of a correct "fitting" issue. Using the vehicle up to the potential, type of thing.

I hope this makes sense, I'm only trying to convert very subjective experience into public eye, and I appreciate the time you are taking by reading this, but this continues.

As I was having these insights, I quickly started to realize something. I now had had pressure points. They were located on certain points in my body, and on my head. I started having anxiety about these pressure points. They were solid as rock, and they were super foreign to me. But see, this thing, whatever it was, quickly pointed out to the spirals I had been drawing all my life. In my mind, the spirals were the solution to these immense pressure points. On each pressure point, everytime I thought of it as a spiral, and be a spiral in it, it would dissolve. Because the bigger picture was that everything dissolves...

Intellectually, my mind was fixed on the fact that I was in a body on a planet. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I was grounded in the thought of that for a very consistent amount of time. My grounding in it has caused the further expansion. Believe me when I say that you can get very up close and personal with your nervous system.

There came a moment when I fully realized that what I call 'me' is a "mental projection", it really freaked me out for a second. Words don't do justice when in need to verbalize this event.

As I was spiraling in and out of these nasty pressure points, I suddenly became aware that I was seriously having an experience. Maybe this motivated me to go deeper, but at one point, I've come to understand that what I call me had placed its consciousness near a very fragile region around my heart. In my experience, it had grounded itself in a tiny organic matter in the heart tissue, and it had grounded itself into organic matter through geometry. At least this has been my impression of it. It literally said hi to me, a humanoid figure in a green triangle. We were both dancing and giggling like little kids. (I actually can't believe I'm writing this)

... I know, but this gets crazier. Ever since this experience, I've had numerous experiences where I was witnessing the event in where both hemispheres in my brain were balancing, and projecting, and light everywhere...

This is where I get stuck. Have I stumbled upon this by accident? Because I still have fear, which causes friction. Things are happening way too fast, and sometimes I can't handle the pressure that originates from that point right in the middle of my head. Can this be harmful? Sometimes my heart changes a rhythm so rapidly, that it shakes my foundation. I hear high pitch sounds around me. I mostly have complaints about headaches. Sometimes I can't match the energy this thing is giving out, at least, this is what it feels like.

I've been very careful not defining anything, and so far I've come all this way, but I'm suddenly in a very isolated and real situation, and the only time when I get release is when I think of myself in geometrical positions. Sometimes the pressure gets too intensified, and scares me. I've never even been into geometry before, and now everything is secondary to it. All of a sudden, everything is a spiral that's actually happening at the speed of light, but we are actually slowing ourselves down to observe what's happening around the spiral.

I've come to understand many things. Like inhaling is female, and it's grounding to the earth, and exhaling is male, and it's the explorer. Ever since this incident, I perceive myself to be a receiver, and giver, and I can feel all these electrical happenings in and around me.

Lucky for me, I get to work from home, and I'm somewhat prepared for the situations that's coming at me day to day, but in reality my mind is constantly dealing with geometry, and my body shoots energy, and it's freaking real, there's no question about it.

I've asked it to not give me a frightening experience, but boy I tell ya, sometimes it feels like a fuel rocket shoots up your spine. And unfortunately I get scared like a little girl.

Nevertheless, I didn't condition myself to experience these things. They are at my face right now. There seems to be certain protocol here. What does one do in the midst of this info-populated era?

Can this thing be dangerous? How do I seriously let go of that fear? If I can't let go, am I causing more harm to it? I know it sounds like I'm conditioning myself, but when my senses get hyper=sensitive, I get freaked out from the smallest things, and loose my grounding immediately. The reaction is too strong.

What does one do?

Any perspective would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading and prosper.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

You need to give up fermented foods as well as drinks.

The state achieved in Yoga is real; and not a mental state. People make a mistake in understanding.

The mind is very much part of human body which is made of gross material. It is the soul that matters. The soul can actually leave the body (physically) in advanced state of Yoga.

Please search and read thread by "VedaTruth" on ATS.
edit on 10-12-2013 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueZen

I can assure you that there are a lot of fake teachers. So the methods adopted may not give you any results.

It may not be your fault.

There are at least 5 million Sadhus in India, who roam around and only engaging in practices to achieve advancement of soul. 99.9% of these yield to delusion. So making spiritual progress is much harder than it seems at first.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Thank you Gargindia, I'll definitely look into this...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yoga is called "Ashtang" or comprising eight parts.

The first two parts are "Yama" and "Niyam".

The third part is "Asan".

You can check if you are suitable for meditation by sitting in "Sidhasan" for about an hour peacefully.

If you can, you have met a basic requirement for meditation.

The next is to follow "Yama" and "Niyam". The thread by VedaTruth covers this all.

There are several "Sidddhis" or powers that a Yogi gains after reaching "Samadhi" or "Moksha" state. I can cover these, but in short, the topic of Kundalini arises only after Samadhi is achieved.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Hi GargIndia,

I'm actually looking into this, and thank you for your direction.

This thing seems to be electric, and also magnetic. It's as if there's a charge being built up, and there's times when it feels like the charge is too much than I can handle.

Aside from the fact that I still have a difficult time fathoming how real this is to my Western mind, I'm also recognizing that this is just the beginning, and I need time to get more grounded, and get more synced with my spine.

I'm suddenly able to mentally position my spine in geometrical positions, and therefore get incredible release, and also bliss. The ultimate bliss, and equal distribution of that charge came when I locked my thoughts in the fact that there was a flower of life around me, and my heart was the source of all the spheres being created. The interesting fact is that I don't force myself to think of these things. They rather force themselves on me, and I have no choice but to participate. It's as if all of a sudden, there are forces in an around my body. Unfortunately, these bliss moments don't last too long. There's still an essence that refuses to let go, and that creates blockages. This is where I'm recognizing that I need to be a good student, and give my full attention to gathering more knowledge about it.

Thank you again...

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueZen

While I was writing my reply to you, something dawned upon me. What I call "a hold back" or "blockage" is actually my overwhelmed state facing all these recent events. I'm starting to see things from a different point, and I feel the effects on my body. This is also a physical experience, and truthfully, it's overwhelming. There are so many novelties happening all at once. My mind is still racing to comprehend, and identify everything. But this is actually the zone of no language...

Thank you again.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i can confirm through direct experience that kundalini awakening has a specific physical sensation that feels like a bolt of lightning creeping its way up the spinal column in a zig zag fashion.

those who have never experience this, simply do not know.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Qi Maker

And I confirm what you say is wrong. And I can prove it.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

reading through the thread it seems like you have some sort of axe to grind.

my theory? you've never experienced what i'm talking about but consider yourself an 'adept'. the fact that others have gives you 'spiritual jealousy' if you will, and in your megalomania you are on some sort of crusade to discredit peoples' genuine experiences with the kundalini.
edit on 20-12-2013 by Qi Maker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

You simply have no knowledge and your words tell that clearly.

You are here to simply mislead people.

What is the basis of your statement. Give me references.

I write with a great amount of knowledge that you cannot even dream of.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

GargIndia

You simply have no knowledge and your words tell that clearly.

You are here to simply mislead people.

What is the basis of your statement. Give me references.

I write with a great amount of knowledge that you cannot even dream of.

keep grinding that axe. it is very telling.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Qi Maker
incredible and can be incredibly powerful.

what i know of kundalini has nothing to do with any set of techniques or popular yoga school. i had never heard of the concept before i become acquainted with its reality. people who follow meditation practices that haven't had any direct experience of it want to frame it as an academic concept, something to be studied and learned, but it is much more literal than that. IME it is a verifiable phenomenon.

the reality of the kundalini awakening, when it hits, will be an undeniably evident, massively ego destroying experience that will feel like being born again. at that point, there is no speculation about the reality of the energy or ways to make it rise...it rises when special events and rare energies collide, and when you're stripped down to the point where you can no longer offer any resistance, ready to discard of all notions of self and step into infinity, it will rise all the way and fuse with the source.

the full kundalini awakening is to die before you die. now, i'm sure depending on the person the experience of it varies and can happen faster or slower, etc., but what i know of kundalini is of a dramatic and spontaneous occurrence, with acute physical symptoms and extreme out of body visions.

myriad anecdotal accounts of kundalini experiences completely align with my own direct experiential knowledge of the energy. at this point the physical and mental symptoms of kundalini arousal are fairly well documented.

but how could you know, if you've never experienced it for yourself?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Is that all you have?

Any other references?

And you have no knowledge of me. So stop talking what I have experienced.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join