reply to post by BlueMule
Let me put it this way; humans have fouled up their racial unconscious with bad assumptions and even worse creations In this garden.
While the suffering causes a supreme effort in some and provides a context which some day will provide meaning when the grand hoax is finally
Recommending more of the same with the same tools soil and seeds will just perpetuate the same nightmare called spirituality and religion.
I prefer to think of it not as a hoax but as the grand theatre. When the play is done and we exit the stage we humans will take off our masks to find
there was only ONE actor on stage all along... one actor with many masks, many roles. Atman, Christ, Buddha, whatever.
The PLAY's the thing...
Shakespeare is not known for his mysticism but many ideas can be
gleaned from his work.
1. The idea of an inclusive system, a grand spiritual synthesis, reconciling religious extremes in an integrated vision of union with the Divine Love.
2. The idea of syncretic mythology, in which all archaic mythological figures and events are available as a thesaurus of glyphs or token symbols -
the personal language of the new metaphysical system.
3. The idea of this concordance of mythological (and historical) figures simply as a Memory System, a tabulated chart of all that can be known, of
history, of the other world, and of the inner worlds, and in particular of spiritual conditions and moral types.
4. The idea of this system as a theatre.
5. The idea of these images as internally structured poetic images - the idea of the single image as a package of precisely folded multiple meanings,
consistent with the meanings of a unified system.
6. The idea of as-if-actual visualization as the first practical essential for effective meditation (as in St Ignatius Loyola's Spiritual
Disciplines, as well as in Cabbala)
7. The idea of meditation as a conjuring, by ritual magic, of hallucinatory figures - with whom conversations can be held, and who communicate
intuitive, imaginative visions and clairvoyance.
8. The idea of drama as a ritual for the manipulation of the soul.
edit on 6-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)