It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Incredible Kundalini

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Many of you may have experienced what Kundalini Is. What I don't quite understand is the secrecy surrounding it. The correct union of purusha/shiva and prakriti/shakti can transform the most asuric being into the most radiant angel. All stratums of the being are affected: it completely purifies the body, regenerates everything that has to be regenerated on its "passage", brings quietude to the mind and transports you into ineffable highs where the true nature of oneself can be rediscovered so why such secrecy?

The ego?
The incomprehension of our fundamentally divine nature?
The fear of sickness/illness? (something that can be easily avoided!)

So why, god why?...

Is there teachers who are at least aware that pranayamas (one of the principal cause of the negative symptoms) aren't needed at all and the study of chakras something completely unnecessary ?

edit on 1-12-2013 by D1ss1dent because: img

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Whilst I practice metta bhavana and midfulness of breathing meditation and study some Buddhism, I am not very familiar with this practice, could you elaborate for me please?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think any form of meditation for the purpose of self-awareness, self-healing, etc. is a personal journey. If one tries kundalini meditation with chakra cleansing and it works, then it works for that person. I can understand why this type of meditation was viewed as cautionary because as a newbie, I find the flow of energies (multiple) extremely overpowering at times.

In the classical literature of Kashmir Shaivism kundalini is described in three different manifestions. The first of these is as the universal energy or para-kundalini. The second of these is as the energizing function of the body-mind complex or prana-kundalini. The third of these is as consciousness or shakti-kundalini which simultaneously subsumes and intermediates between these two. Ultimately these three forms are the same but understanding these three different forms will help to understand the differerent manifestations of kundalini.

www.eecs.berkeley.edu...

Perhaps the para-kundalini could be thought of as the 'ego', 'id' and 'super- ego' entering from the unconscious spiritual and physical state to a limited spiritual awakening and limited control of the flow of energies, the prana-kundalini perhaps being the 'super-ego', 'id', and 'ego' in an awakened state and the new found realization of how to manipulate physical and spiritual energy from within and without, and the shakti-kundalini the mastery of all manifestations that one can, on a personal level, experience. So, could we possibly also name the third manifestation 'personal enlightenment'?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

D1ss1dent
The correct union of purusha/shiva and prakriti/shakti can transform the most asuric being into the most radiant angel.

Maybe there needs to be a balance between asuric beings and radiant angels. Maybe Mother Kundalini uses both to prod our evolution.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I did a meditation twice that I think was kundalini meditation. But I read a trip report about kundalini meditation and it was nothing like my experience so I'm not sure if my meditation was kundalini meditation. I don't remember having much of vibration and warmth, I think it was mostly visual and mental. And I entered into a negative state afterwards even though I think I got something positive out of it too. I think that might possibly be because of fear and conditioning that I have that is being cleansed out.

I think that if there is secrecy it is because humanity is in a gradual process of revealing of secret wisdom. I think that this is also why we have the Internet right now, I don't think that the Internet happening right now is a coincidence. And the revealing of kundalini practices is probably a part of this process. As is the revealing of the Kabbalah (Zohar) and other things. Possibly the wave of legalizing/decriminalizing marijuana too. And I believe that the surveillance, the world government and all these things that we perceive as negative are actually part of it too like I'm writing in the thread I posted recently. (www.abovetopsecret.com...)

I think that secrecy might also be because only those who put in the effort to seek for this kind of things are ready to handle it. Gnostic initiation is something you work with yourself, it's not spoon fed to you. I think that when you come across things like this it might actually be God that is giving it to you, you're guided through your reality by the Holy Spirit. The stuff you come across while surfing the Web, walking down the street etc. is put there, in your matrix, by God, because you were meant to come across it. This is why "those who seek will find".

If you look at the etymology of the word Apocalypse it comes from "reveal, uncover". I think that we are moving towards the Apocalypse, that it is a positive thing, and that the reason there is so much fear in the world is because Satan is Lucifer, the light bearer. In other words this massive evil is nothing but an enlightenment process.
edit on 591231Sun, 01 Dec 2013 10:59:08 -0600201308pAmerica/Chicago2013-12-01T10:59:08-06:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Could you explain why pranayama causes negative symptoms and study of chakras irrelevant? I am genuinely interested and have never heard this. reply to post by D1ss1dent

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I don't think there's that much secrecy, there are tons of info on the subject available everywhere. What most teachers emphasize is that you don't rush straight to the Prayanama before grounding and meditating properly.

The spinal breathing can (and will) trigger altered states of consciousness and that may come as a shock to some. So I think it's mostly about the mental and physical preparation before jumping into the powerful technique called Prayanama. There's also so much more to yoga.. and the awakened Kundalini (energy) can certainly be handful

I'd love to see people diving more into yoga instead of just seeking the most powerful/fastest techniques to wake up the chakras. Devotion and dicipline is the key.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
incredible and can be incredibly powerful.

what i know of kundalini has nothing to do with any set of techniques or popular yoga school. i had never heard of the concept before i become acquainted with its reality. people who follow meditation practices that haven't had any direct experience of it want to frame it as an academic concept, something to be studied and learned, but it is much more literal than that. IME it is a verifiable phenomenon.

the reality of the kundalini awakening, when it hits, will be an undeniably evident, massively ego destroying experience that will feel like being born again. at that point, there is no speculation about the reality of the energy or ways to make it rise...it rises when special events and rare energies collide, and when you're stripped down to the point where you can no longer offer any resistance, ready to discard of all notions of self and step into infinity, it will rise all the way and fuse with the source.

the full kundalini awakening is to die before you die. now, i'm sure depending on the person the experience of it varies and can happen faster or slower, etc., but what i know of kundalini is of a dramatic and spontaneous occurrence, with acute physical symptoms and extreme out of body visions.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Qi Maker

I think that a path that involves meditation with focus and intent may indeed open you to experiences that could be potentially overwhelming for some folks. I pursued my basic meditations and had several minor awakenings.

Then one day Kundalini took over my life and I have been dancing, singing and making music to express this energy every day of my life since. I think that this energy demands a certain amount of respect as it can be a handful indeed as someone above me said.

I think had I not known that this was a possible outcome of my spiritual path and had some forewarning as to what to expect I would have driven myself to the nearest psych ward and turned myself in as the peace love and joy of the universe filled my being.

Since then everything has changed. I am not the same person I was before and the world reacts much differently to me now than it used to do. Kundalini is to be respected and appreciated IMHO.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Kundalini is very dangerous, like Krishnamurti said DON'T GO NEAR IT !

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I will agree that it is very dangerous but it isn't a choice to go near it or not. Kundalini is a gift given to individuals by i higher force that we don't fully yet understand.

I was gifted with a true kundalini experience and at the time didn't have a clue what was happening to me.
It was overwhelming and the experience stayed with me for two weeks but the residuals are permanent.

The following link describes a kundalini experience in perfect detail to my own experience and I'm certain anyone who has had the same can completely relate..

www.in5d.com...

I have also read an amazing book (psychosis and spirituality) that discusses the similarities between psychosis and a spiritual awakening and the difficulties that the world of psychology has differentiating between the two.

www.isabelclarke.org...

My belief is that many individuals will soon begin experiencing this awakening...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

D1ss1dent

Is there teachers who are at least aware that pranayamas (one of the principal cause of the negative symptoms) aren't needed at all and the study of chakras something completely unnecessary ?

edit on 1-12-2013 by D1ss1dent because: img

Hi

Can you please elaborate on the above statement? How do we become 'kundalini active' using other techniques?
I have practiced yoga and was beginning to notice some interesting changes when circumstances in my life made me stop. I haven't been able to get restarted yet but hope to soon.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

BlavatskyChannel

I will agree that it is very dangerous but it isn't a choice to go near it or not. Kundalini is a gift given to individuals by i higher force that we don't fully yet understand.

I was gifted with a true kundalini experience and at the time didn't have a clue what was happening to me.
It was overwhelming and the experience stayed with me for two weeks but the residuals are permanent.

The following link describes a kundalini experience in perfect detail to my own experience and I'm certain anyone who has had the same can completely relate..

www.in5d.com...

I have also read an amazing book (psychosis and spirituality) that discusses the similarities between psychosis and a spiritual awakening and the difficulties that the world of psychology has differentiating between the two.

www.isabelclarke.org...

My belief is that many individuals will soon begin experiencing this awakening...

From your first link - great post by the way:

Due to the ecstacy and exhiliration of the experience, there is a real temptation, like the mythic Icarus, to fly too high, which is only to set yourself up for a corresponding fall. During these experiences it is of the utmost importance to be as grounded as possible. The great psychiatrist C. G. Jung understood the importance of this during his “Confrontation with the Unconscious.” He used to keep pictures of his family around, so he could remember that he was, in his words, “an actually existing, ordinary person.”

I think everyone venturing into the Kundalini experience should take the advice above. I believe being grounded, liking yourself, releasing negative energies, and having like-minded people around to discuss one's transendental experiences is vital for a successful emergence.

At this time in my life, I have too many obligations in the non-spiritual world to delve completely, or venture completely, into the kundalini experience because I know that once I enter onto that path I will be changed.

So, I will continue to meditate in an physical/spiritual low energy kundalini fashion (not delving too deep - bringing myself back early - learning control), release negative energies as they crop up, and reinforce myself with positivity until the time is right.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think the secrecy behind such things is more of personal matters at times, as well as "Idk".

I would love to see more science involved with different(if not all) meditations and the effects it has on the body and the brain. But, at the same time, science would have little interest in it at all, due to the mystic stereotype that has been given.

Not only that, it would require alot of investment and time to understand the full benefits, which could lead to dead ends in some possible cases, as it just to generalized.

With my personal experience with chakras, it better to ignore them at times for a more "Zen" effect(btw, isn't that letting go). Other times, I will just play with them, when I'm at work, or doing other things.

Some will have this in the bag, and they won't even know it, whilst constantly searching. They just haven't put the energy into the universe, type of deal.

Others may need to work on grounding just a smudge, or some need to visualize, or without seeing, but feeling.

Some may need constant grounding...Need I hint.

My problem...I wanna throw a "Hadouken".

edit on 5-12-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I want to warn readers that ALL "kundalini awakening" procedures being "marketed" are FALSE and delusionary.

These are nothing but ways to attract you and take your money.

Inner powers (Siddhis) can be obtained after a long 'tapa' often lasting several lifetimes. There is NO shortcut.

The people who are marketing "kundalini awakening" themselves have no such powers.

Ancient Vedic knowledge has been twisted and falsified by FAKE gurus in the modern times. Keep yourself aware that you may get trapped.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Kundalini is a pysop.

90% of what is said about Kundalini is patently false.

For a point of reference, I was a nuclear engine room supervisor for
7 years, certified in most systems and technologies.

I'd rate my knowledge of Kundalini on par with that.

There is no direct relationship whatsoever between Kundalini and any
of the standard esoteric exercises of yoga or tao or any other
system. All the talk about ida, pingala and shushumna in the form it's
discussed is pure prattle. The talk about ojas and soma is also misleading.
Talking about chakras is pointless. The talk about granthas and what not
is nearly pointless.

I couldn't recommend actively awakening Kundalini for hardly anyone..
and then they had better be a liminal / mana personality with a strong
rational mind as well.

And if miracle upon miracles all goes well.. then the result is to learn
the truth about what humans are. You had better really want that
knowledge bad.

The golden/silver stage of kundalini is pure delusion. The radiance and
powers bestowed are not the actual goal and purpose of the entire
process. Kundalini is in fact, not particularly for humans at all..
it's for something else.

KPB

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Wow!

My suggestion is to just forget about "Kundalini Awakening" and not get trapped in delusion.

If you need information about Yoga or Veda, read a thread by VedaTruth on ATS, or let me know and I shall point you to proper sources.

We do not ask anybody for money. You do not have to travel. We help people on the spiritual course.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

You are right.

However even the most ancient sources are also corrupted. As part of the tradition I studied under I had access to translations of those.

Most people mess around with kundalin for a few years. I was born with it active and then spent 50 years demystifying it.

Now I sit on the knowledge for various good reasons.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

90% of what is said about Kundalini is patently false.

A wise man that I admire once told me that one must "torment yourself for most of a lifetime about religious and spiritual matters" in order to grow.

If everything said in religions was 100% true, how would one torment oneself about such matters? There would be no friction between experience and orthodoxy.

Isn't it the friction between 'purity' and 'corruption' that fuels that torment?

Words just aren't up to the task of talking about Kundalini or any other religious aspect that transcends ordinary experience, but only poetry can point beyond words.

I just think of most of what is said as poetry that points beyond itself.

edit on 6-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Well my 50 years taught me a bit more about kundalini than that very good general observation.

What if humans were like flowers tempting insects to feed on the nectar they are capable of producing?

What if humans weren't the center of things but merely part of the life cycle of a larger life?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join