It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 FACTS You Must Know About The Jesuits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Charles, you should get applause for the time you put into that post.
You took on quite a bit. Thank you for denying ignorance.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Dear sad_eyed_lady,

Thank you for your very kind words. Looking back on it, I see that I did put several hours into it. Ironically, the thread's popularity was what led me to destroy it. (And if someone doesn't think the OP has been destroyed, then they are beyond the reach of reason, at least on this subject.)

If it had received the 2 flags and 3 stars that it deserved, I would have let it fade into well deserved obscurity. But this pile of, well it's unfit for a lady's ears, even one with sad eyes.

I don't want to convey the impression that I'm in love with the Jesuits. If any group of priests have earned the label of "Hippie rebels," it's those guys. Frankly, I don't see why Catholic haters focus on the Jesuits for their attacks. The Jesuits have been at the forefront of claims that the Church needs to change, and I would think rabid Catholic haters would applaud their efforts.

Well, I'm going to sit back and see if anyone cares to defend the OP now. I don't know if I'm committing a sin, but I feel a definite pleasure at putting the time into my response and, in my opinion, pretty well destroying the OP.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

My Masonic affiliation has nothing to do with my response. It's just simple research to know your response was incorrect. How about instead of attacking me and my group, you keep on track, stop attacking the messenger, and instead prove your point with facts, if you have any, because your superiority complex is pathetic and only proves how weak your point was in the first place.

You are the one that is incorrect. You know nothing of me , my family and my stake or why I can say what I have.

What the f*** are you talking about? I never said I knew you or your family, please stay on topic and get rid of this idea of self-importance. You're just one person in a world of several billion.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

www.usatoday.com...

Read the above and you may find 11 reasons

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Nicely done.
It's refreshing to see some logic and rationale used; someone denying ignorance instead of embracing it. I wish I could give more than just one star.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Dear KSigMason,

Thank you, I'm a sucker for appreciation. There is a personality type that gets one idea in it's head and refuses to let go, regardless of evidence, logic, or common sense. If you should happen to know the best approach for communicating with that type, I'd be pleased to hear about it.

If it matters, and it really doesn't, I went the Royal Arch path many years ago. Nice group of guys and all, but it wasn't a perfect fit. I suppose that happens some times.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Elijah23

Exodus 20:4-5 "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them..." They pray to Mary. Nowhere in the Bible does it tell us to pray to Mary, or any other person, but it tells us only to pray to God the Father.

Matthew 6:6 "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." They pray to Mary because they believe that she intercedes for us. This is not supported by any Scripture, but Scripture states that Jesus intercedes for us.

Hebrews 7:25 "Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them."

Romans 8:34 "Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." With out a doubt Mary was a holy woman. That is all.. She was not with out sin like the Catholics believe. Catholics believe that Mary never sinned. Again, this is not supported by any Scripture.

Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God..." There is only one person that never sinned, and that person is Jesus.

Hebrews 4:15 "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin."

1 John 3:5 "And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin." 1 Peter 2:22 "'He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth.'"

They believe that Mary was always a virgin, and had no children other than Jesus.

Matthew 13:55-56 "Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?"

Mark 3:31 "There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him."

Matthew 12:46 "While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him." Catholics argue that when the Bible refers to brothers of Jesus, that these are spiritual brothers and not blood relatives.

There is much more I'd argue, but I think my point is made. Catholics are hypocrites. BUT I will apologize that I did throw Caths into a barrel with the rest. I am sorry that my statement offended you.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
First your site seems a little suspect in it's regards for truth.

You think this has something to do with the new Pope being Jesuit? Yeah and this piece would be front and center just as this Pope talks about sharing the wealth of this planet, chastising the gross inequality of income that exists in our world to day?

You know what I find funny? It's only a conspiracy of disinformation when it's something we don't agree with.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

VoidWalker
reply to post by Elijah23

Exodus 20:4-5 "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them..." They pray to Mary. Nowhere in the Bible does it tell us to pray to Mary, or any other person, but it tells us only to pray to God the Father.

Matthew 6:6 "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." They pray to Mary because they believe that she intercedes for us. This is not supported by any Scripture, but Scripture states that Jesus intercedes for us.

Hebrews 7:25 "Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them."

Romans 8:34 "Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." With out a doubt Mary was a holy woman. That is all.. She was not with out sin like the Catholics believe. Catholics believe that Mary never sinned. Again, this is not supported by any Scripture.

Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God..." There is only one person that never sinned, and that person is Jesus.

Hebrews 4:15 "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin."

1 John 3:5 "And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin." 1 Peter 2:22 "'He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth.'"

They believe that Mary was always a virgin, and had no children other than Jesus.

Matthew 13:55-56 "Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?"

Mark 3:31 "There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him."

Matthew 12:46 "While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him." Catholics argue that when the Bible refers to brothers of Jesus, that these are spiritual brothers and not blood relatives.

There is much more I'd argue, but I think my point is made. Catholics are hypocrites. BUT I will apologize that I did throw Caths into a barrel with the rest. I am sorry that my statement offended you.

If you took the time to write this, then I believe you wouldn't mind taking the time to repost this here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
if you seek to understand Catholics, if you just want to bash them you are not alone at ATS.

You may wish to read the thread first so you can cross some of these comments off your list before posting, hopefully all of them.

Blessings.

Sad Eyed Lady

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

sled735
Fact #1
Pope Clement XIV abolished the Jesuits as a society in 1773:

As Clement XIV signed the decree abolishing the Jesuit Order he said, “I have signed my death warrant,…” Within nine months he was dead..

Nine months? So much for the Jesuits' ruthless efficiency and determination. "How dare the Pope abolish us! Order him killed sometime within the next year, or whenever we get around to it!"

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I don't hate the Catholics, I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't wish people to believe that I hate them. I just don't like seeing other people that believe in God and Jesus as our savior being thrown in the same group. I am sorry if I offended you as well. Christians as a whole lately have been persecuted too much. Due to unwanted attention and media there is a war going on against Christianity whether people want to admit to it or not. We are getting fewer and fewer with time.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopy11

You can say the same thing about any of the ism's!
We are all high handed sanctimonious bastards judging
those we deem unworthy and imposing our will onto others!
This is not a religious problem but a human one!
Until we unify and relearn what one thing, which caused our ascent
to the top of the food chain (cooperation) or we will forever tear away our humanity
with capricious judgmentalism of brother and sister!

edit on 3-12-2013 by nosacrificenofreedom because: >

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

VoidWalker

I don't hate the Catholics, I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't wish people to believe that I hate them. I just don't like seeing other people that believe in God and Jesus as our savior being thrown in the same group. I am sorry if I offended you as well. Christians as a whole lately have been persecuted too much. Due to unwanted attention and media there is a war going on against Christianity whether people want to admit to it or not. We are getting fewer and fewer with time.

You are getting fewer and fewer because people are waking up to the fallacies of organized religion of any fashion. Many of your so called ministers preach nothing but damnation and hate, and you wonder why you might be persecuted. There is no war on Christianity in the United States, however I do believe there is a worldwide war happening against hate and ignorance. Until Christians decide to actually read their holy book and practice the examples left by their "Savior", there numbers will continue to dwindle. There has been enough hate preached for the last 2000 years, it is time for it to end.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

I appreciate your input Bubba. I think that once again a few bad apples are the cause to such passion behind your aggression. It is no different with what you think of me as I of the Catholics. I understand. Sometimes it is truly hard to live by standards of a religion and it truly does make an individual stronger mentally and spiritually. It is easy to throw accusations around about people when one does not belong to a certain group. I can not apologize for what we as humans have done to one another through time but I can say I am sorry for how you feel and I really do hope that someday you can see a normal Christian or any person of faith with happiness and acceptance.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I will disagree with you there. There is a major war against Christians in the US and abroad. It has nothing to do with hate or ignorance or intolerance from Christians it has to do with sinners insisting on defending their sins and Godless people running amok getting their way because Christians are getting more and more afraid to speak up for fear of losing a friend or hurting someone's feelings or being politically correct.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ummm. . . Excuse me?

This is just my opinion, but I seem to have seen a lot of threads discussing the relative merits of Catholicism and Christianity. This one is on the Jesuits. I was really hoping that that the OP, or one of the dozens of people who supported him would come back and defend the material presented in the OP.

I think I'd rather see them come back and say "We were wrong, now we know better," than drift into some very familiar arguments.

But, of course, it's not my thread, so "Party on, Dude!"

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Maybe I missed something. I have been reading through the thread and still have not found where you destroyed the OP.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Dear Christian Voice,

Thank you. You've pointed out one of my sins which is the one I least frequently commit, gloating. I don't know if it's listed in the Bible, but I shouldn't have done it.

But, to the facts of the case. The Opening Poster relied heavily on an article describing ten "facts" about the Jesuits. The Opening Post was so full of errors and unsupported allegations that I went after it fairly thoroughly. At the conclusion of my digging, I believed that the Opening Post was so bogus that it was worthless for any serious purpose.

I wrote down my findings in a couple of lengthy, and no doubt boring, posts. Reviewing my findings, I decided that the Opening Post had been destroyed, and so I said.

I find it telling that no one has returned to defend the Opening Post, even though the Opening Poster and other supporters have signed in since I made my comments.

I hope I've answered your question, but if I missed somehow, please give me another chance.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

VoidWalker

I appreciate your input Bubba. I think that once again a few bad apples are the cause to such passion behind your aggression. It is no different with what you think of me as I of the Catholics. I understand. Sometimes it is truly hard to live by standards of a religion and it truly does make an individual stronger mentally and spiritually. It is easy to throw accusations around about people when one does not belong to a certain group. I can not apologize for what we as humans have done to one another through time but I can say I am sorry for how you feel and I really do hope that someday you can see a normal Christian or any person of faith with happiness and acceptance.

I am a former Christian, exposed to several different protestant denominations, as well as Catholicism. I turned my back on Christianity for my own reasons, just as those that embrace it do it for their own reasons. I know several "normal" Christians, and I think they are fine people, including members of my own family. Also included in my family are some fundamental Christians. It is the "fundies" I have issues with. They are the some of the most hate filled people I have ever met, you name it, race, ethnicity, sexuality, social status, etc, etc. What bothers me most, is that I know their book better than they do, yet they use the same book to preach hate. I have belonged to the "certain group" and have chosen to turn my back on it, however, my aggression is saved for those that try to convert me back to the person that I have discovered that I didn't like very much. I consider myself agnostic at this point, and struggle every day to be the best human being I can be, so even though we differ in what might happen once we cross over, we most likely are striving for the same thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Dear BubbaJoe,

I realize that I'm off-topic with this, but i feel compelled to mention it.

I consider myself agnostic at this point, and struggle every day to be the best human being I can be, so even though we differ in what might happen once we cross over, we most likely are striving for the same thing.
I have no problem with anyone being Agnostic. What I would ask of them, though, is a serious effort to find the truth as well as they can.

I do not mean to imply that this is your situation, but those who just say "I don't know," and stop looking for the answer are dodging the vital question of life. I trust they will keep looking until they find the answer.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join