It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the thread about the retraction of the GMO study from France..B.S. Trust nothing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

So again we have the "guilt by association" argument re: Goodman, which might hold some validity if he was responsible for the study's retraction or even involved in the review of the study's data. The flaws in the study (most notably the number of rats used - far too few for a 2-year study) were apparent since its inception. The criticisms of its design have been nearly universal (and no, not every scientist in the international community is secretly controlled by Monsanto). Why continue to view this one flawed study through such rose-colored glasses?

If I knew someone was guilty of murder and wanted to prove it in court, I would try to obtain solid evidence that would withstand scrutiny in the courtroom, not questionable maybe-evidence that would be thrown out as inadmissible.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
You may find you have an odd lack of people to follow-up on by the end of those 10 years, given that criteria for the study. I'll volunteer for the 'Control' group eating normal food. No offense to GMO, but I'll leave the 10 years of eating modified garbage to more adventurous people.

More "adventurous" people?

Is that another way of saying the solution set composed of the ignorant, idiots and the suicidal?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

No, I definitely wouldn't call them all that. I know some folks who swear by some of Monsanto's slop and inventions. They know my feelings and I don't partake in their dinners, if offered. It's one of those things... Like a couple friends I have who are Pentecostal. Imagine that one with a Wiccan when religion comes up... lol.. It can be a real energetic conversation. Or just left alone.

I'd say adventurous because deep down inside, they must know as well as I do that nature didn't make what they're eating. Not entirely...and so nature hasn't had the eons of slow evolution to adapt to and find balance with the new modifications introduced.

It's NOT healthy, IMO...but that's the whole thing, opinions vary, right?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

727Sky

The Independent newspaper reports that there is a notice in the cafeteria of the Monsanto pharmaceutical factory is High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, advising customers “as far as practicable, GM soya and maize (has been removed) from all food products served in our restaurant. We have taken the steps to ensure that you, the customer, can feel confident in the food we serve.”

The notice was posted by the Sutcliffe Catering Group.

Monsanto confirms the authenticity of the notice, but company spokesman Tony Coombes says the only reason for the GM-free foods is because the company “believes in choice.”

search.yahoo.com...=A0SO8xODU5tSiiUAbulXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'EzcDRqcWFvBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDI3NV8x/SIG=1322p7j2g/EXP=1385 939971/**http%3a//monsantoboycott.com/monsanto/gm-foods-not-served-in-monsanto-cafeteria/

Monsanto Workers Ban GMO Foods From Their Own Cafeteria

The staff cafeteria at biotech-crop Monsanto’s UK headquarters reportedly banned GM foods from the menu back in 1999.

The private catering company running the canteen, Sutcliffe Catering, owned by Granada Food Services, told its clients, including Monsanto, that it would no longer use foods containing GM soya or maize because of “customer concerns” about the technology.

search.yahoo.com...=A0SO8xODU5tSiiUAdOlXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'EzYW5rdXMyBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNQRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDI3NV8x/SIG=14eduq661/EXP=1385 939971/**http%3a//articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/09/01/monsanto-workers-ban-gmo-foods-from-their-own-cafeteria.aspx

Several articles on Yahoo search about the subject; take it for what it is worth

It was used as propaganda at least you readily admitted it was a catering group that decided on that not Monsanto.

This sentence is off.

Monsanto Workers Ban GMO Foods From Their Own Cafeteria

It was NOT Monsanto workers deciding to offer non GM foods it was a contracted catering company. Not even close to the same.

The truth about what happened.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

There are several ? pages on the matter those were the first two I linked, Anyone can do the search for themselves and find all kinds of answers.
www.monsanto.com...

The food in our cafeterias is no different than what you’d find in most cafeterias, restaurants or supermarkets – some of it is made from GM crops and some of it isn’t. We don’t go out of our way to have either GM or non-GM food in our cafeteria, with the exception of occasional specialty meals that showcase food grown with our seeds

search.yahoo.com...=A0SO8yFqaptS4m8ANDtXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'EycG5xbmM4BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDOQRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1FJMDQ4XzE-/SIG=12nvfgoga/EXP=1385 945834/**http%3a//gizadeathstar.com/2012/02/monsanto-cafeteria-bans-gmo-foods/

In what has to be close to the ultimate in corporate hypocrisy, employees at a Monsanto company cafeteria have won the right to have their employee cafeteria serve non-GMO food:

GM foods not served in Monsanto cafeteria

Now what leaped off the page at me here was the Monsanto spokeman’s more than hypocritical statement that the company is all about free choice. But just ask the farmers around the world who, by one corporate trick or another of those companies promoting their genetically modified seeds, are forced to buy their products. But this is the tip of an iceberg. Hungary has recently destroyed all its GMO corn fields, and in a landmark case in France, a French farmer has won a lawsuit against the corporate giant in which he claimed to have suffered from exposure to the company’s pesticides.

What remains amazing, at least to this author, is that while other countries seem to have the pluck to challenge these corporations and their alleged “safe” GMO foods and crops, we in North America seem to be unable to do so. We, apparently, do not have the right to eat unmodified food, and indeed, our own government will not even allow the labeling of food products to distinguish between natural and GMO foods, while it continues to persecute growers of natural foods and organic dairy products free of hormones and other additives.

Read more: MONSANTO CAFETERIA BANS GMO FOODS
- Giza Death Star Community

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Several pages about the ONE instance does not make a lot of news except when groups present it as such.

Back in 1999, a story by the UK press Independent reported:

...that Monsanto employees don't eat their very own GM (genetically modified) foods, in their High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire UK facility. .

Of the 1999 article, Greenpeace locked on to the news story, reportedly exposed by Friends of the Earth, was subsequently spread by the local and international media.
(no reference found on the FoE site)

"The firm running the canteen at Monsanto's pharmaceuticals factory at High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, serves only GM-free meals, Friends of the Earth said. In a notice in the canteen, Sutcliffe Catering, owned by the Granada Group, said it had taken the decision "to remove, as far as practicable, GM soya and maize from all food products served in our restaurant. We have taken the above steps to ensure that you, the customer, can feel confident in the food we serve."

The notice was posted by the Sutcliffe Catering Group......not their employers, Monsanto.
That UK facility is now closed.

But let's look at the facts as described by the initial story.....
1) One Monsanto facility, in the UK, in 1999
2) The decision was posted by a contracted caterer, employed by Monsanto.
3) This story was never confirmed. (denied later)

Lately, the current anti-GMO activists have renewed (recycled) this story.
link

When groups have to use deceptive and dishonest tactics along with using flawed science to push a message then their message is 99.99% of the time not worth listening to. They are chicken littles of the community if they ever have a decent study to back up their claims then because of their prior tactics they will find most of the world resistant to listening. The movement has joined the ranks of chemtrailers in credibility.

edit on 1-12-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Monsanto really are insideous, snidey scumbags.

Install their people (sorry 'Ex-employees') into positions in Government, in science journals and labs around the world, then control them all.

I'm not sure what is worse, Monsanto existing or all of us for allowing them to exist.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I'd say adventurous because deep down inside, they must know as well as I do that nature didn't make what they're eating. Not entirely...and so nature hasn't had the eons of slow evolution to adapt to and find balance with the new modifications introduced.

In my ignorance, it sure sounds like it fits the categories mentioned earlier. Ignorant, idiot or suicidal. But hey, what do I know?

I feel the same thing for aspartame, neotame, HFCS, transfats, etc ......

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Grimpachi

nugget1
Monsanto Corp. only serves organic food in their cafeteria to their employees. I don't need to research the issue any farther than that.

I want a source for your claim...

Me too.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Grimpachi

nugget1
Monsanto Corp. only serves organic food in their cafeteria to their employees. I don't need to research the issue any farther than that.

Indeed I want a source for your claim or your full of it.

I know what your claim stems from and I see you do not like research so it is no wonder you spout nonsense.

Monsanto apparently offers the CHOICE between GMO and organic in their cafeteria, bit of a difference.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

thebtheb

Grimpachi

nugget1

Indeed I want a source for your claim or your full of it.

I know what your claim stems from and I see you do not like research so it is no wonder you spout nonsense.

Monsanto apparently offers the CHOICE between GMO and organic in their cafeteria, bit of a difference.

Actually it was a catering company back in 1999 at one place. Not monsanto plus the story was never confirmed see above post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join