It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You just won the powerball lotto for $590 million dollars, what would you do????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Geez, I can't believe no one said, "Ill tell you what I'd do if I had a million dollars... Two chicks at the same time.", from the movie Office Space. The conversation between Peter and Lawrence is a hoot. youtu.be...
I'd give most of the money away through a trust fund. Buy some barns and a huge greenhouse. Put in another well. Get some non gmo seeds. Start making solar and wind power. Upgrade my boats. Get a sweet diesel truck. Definitely need a Sachs Mad Ass or 4. Re-cone my JBL's. Get a new pool table cover. Go fishing when not farming. Stay out of trouble. Not end up on a "How the lottery ruined my life" show.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Hi everyone!

Interesting to read the responses so far. Very entertaining.

I know what I would do;

A. Set up an emergency family fund and sort out any family member's financial or living worries. I would employ someone to distribute this according to my instructions from wherever I happened to be in the world.

B. I would become SUPER BACKPACKER! I would begin my never ending world tour of life with just my backpack. I would just be the generous traveller who turns up in places to explore and makes sure everyone I meet has a good time.

I think with that kind of cash I'd never have to end my backpacking adventure and would be assured that family members do not have any worrying debt concerns.

Even with such a simple plan as that it's easy to see how and why things go wrong. I expect there would be family members who took advantage eventually and I'd end up being spellbound by a beautiful gold digger who seduced me into buying stuff. Life hardly ever goes according to plan.

However, my own desires are for the travelling. No need to own anything anymore. Could just sail when I wanted to sail, literally. I would not use an airplane. I would travel by boats and trains. Sometimes I would hire a car or a motorcycle. I would definitely hire a Harley and explore the U.S. That is one of my dreams.

Remember that with every big mansion, luxury yacht, etc, there would be great maintenance expenses. Businesses can so quickly become a nightmare of sucking up all your money instead of delivering profits. You would be ravelled up in a lot of red tape. My advice, watch out for albatrosses round your neck if you ever become that wealthy!

EDIT; I'd definitely ask a beautiful woman called Orly I know in Israel and ask if she wanted to come and be SUPER BACKPACKER'S travelling companion for all time

edit on 1-12-2013 by Revolution9 because: more stuff!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I would wake up, take a dump and regret waking up

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
$590 Million isn't enough.

A Moon Base, Asteroid, Elysium style orbiting habitat, or California-sized or larger spaceship with the logistics/facility in place for indefinite sustainability would cost much more, as well as developing the technologies to make any such things feasible, practical, safe and comfortable.

edit on 12/1/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Wow! Admiring the scope of these BIG IDEAS!

I would definitely not want to limit my backpacking adventure to earth and would pay a visit to your Space Project.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
1. Buy ATS

2. Make myself SUPER-DUPER MOD

3. Seek my revenge MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

hey I am a very well respected individual.....lol....I deserve some respect from you! Besides you should know it's saturday night and I'm usually drunk at that time!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Okay what I'd do is I'd give away a lot of money to my friends and family. Have them share in the burden. But only those friends and family who are genuine, which probably amounts to all of 10 people which is sad. I got to meet some new people already arhhh.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I would employ a full time crowd of clowns to stand at my front door laughing, a fire-eater to torch all the letters and trapeze artists to wave bunches of cash just out of reach of joe public.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Got it all planned!

After the lawyer and accountant have advised me and helped me to set up trust funds for my family and closest friends, I would ensure those same people had a new, safe car, pay for a reasonably priced house for each if they don't have one -- and pay off their debts (and my own of course).

I'd then disappear for a month or two to do a detox of my mind and body -- yoga on the beach, organic food, wheatgrass, massage, meditation, etc. Probably Costa Rica or somewhere beautiful and warm by the ocean.

I'd come back, and hire someone to help me design some off the grid, self-sustaining homes in different parts of the country/world - nothing too fancy, just places to bug out to for me and the family if it comes to that. And hire someone to teach me some basic survival skills - I have none at that moment.

I would then spend my days with family, friends -- in between my travels -- I would like to "backpack" too around the world -- occasionally staying at a nice inn and eating at a decent local restaurant or café, but keep it real. Do my bucket list -- see Everest, the Great Barrier Reef, Galapagos, Northern Lights, fjords, hike the AT, travel around New Zealand/Oz.

I'd have a business started, a small, independent publishing company of multi media -- spiritual and environmental topics, and publish my own works too. Learn filmmaking and photography and produce documentaries in the same vein.

I'd also create a nonprofit arm that contributes to my interests in ensuring clean water, alternative medicine for mentally ill, wolf sanctuary, and micro loans for creative souls, creativity/entrepreneurship for children/teens (to help them think outside the box they've been put in by school).

I'd never live the "rich and fancy" life - other than indulging in my detox stint (I'm so unhealthy and tired right now that I would need it!) I wouldn't care to accumulate things -- just some decent clothes, furniture but nothing expensive. No fancy sports cars. No Coach bags. No designer clothes, shoes. I'd rather go for organic clothes and furnishings, organic food -- those are pricey enough

Yes, it's fun to daydream.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I would keep working for another 3-5 years as I really enjoy the mental challenge of my job + what the end game is..
Then I would retire to Bozeman MT and just explore Yellowstone until I am an old man.
I would get an amazing telescope for night sky photography.

I would donate money to a few different places: My current job, Howlers Inn in MT (B&B + Wolf Preserve) , Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society and a few other animal shelters.

Then I would just go from there.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Dinner at Burger King for all my friends! My treat!
No, seriously, I'd use my new-found wealth to wage war on the hippies!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't know how I'd really react to winning the lotto. I want to give the money out and help those in bad situations. My issue with that is, If you make people comfortable in a situation where you are all slaves, what are the chances one of those comfortable people will change the world? To me it seems less likely than a poor person wanting to change the world. I'm lost but with that money I would change a part of the world. Don't know which yet.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

spartacus699
Okay what I'd do is I'd give away a lot of money to my friends and family. Have them share in the burden. But only those friends and family who are genuine, which probably amounts to all of 10 people which is sad. I got to meet some new people already arhhh.

Ten people? Whoa you have a ton of friends! I can't find ten people I even like....

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
First I'd pay off the church building that I go to.

Then I'd build a very nice event center, 2 story with a fantastic grand staircase,
a great and beautiful garden with a covered outdoor open pavilion,
complete with a separate building 200 seat chapel with lovely stained glass,
with 2 grand ballrooms with a sliding soundproof door between to make a uber grand ballroom,
a zero entry pond like swimming pool in back with covered outdoor open smaller pavilions,
a pool house next to the "pond" with a 3000 square foot house behind the changing rooms and restrooms,
On the first floor would be offices with a 5000 square foot house under the ballrooms,
then I'd pay my daughter 100K a year to run it until it brings in that much in revenue.

Why, to give to my daughter to run, she is brilliant and wonderful at event planning and has an MBA.
I'd live in the pool house and her family in the large house. Then I'd offer to my other daughter a chance to come help her and build her a house off the garden pavilion restrooms and storage rooms, and pay her to help her sister.

I don't want to live free off the money, but leave a legacy for my family that will support them for their lifetimes.

I would also unfortunately be too busy to get back on ATS or complain about the government.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Buy an RV and drive around. Visit with people, Swap stories. Have barbecues at various Indian Reservations, just show up with the food with "Let's cook it and then eat it." attitude.

But basically just drive around for awhile and fix things while having a bit of an adventure. Sometimes take people along for the ride and other times just solo.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

badgerprints

mlifeoutthere
No offense but there are far too many of these theoretical type threads such as `if aliens landed what would you do ` or `if s h t f` what would you do`

Yes i agree these are not spam subjects but its turning these forums from actual events to `what if` prediction type forums, and that is not a good sign!

guys dont flag this thread either, you are just encouraging lazy what if type threads
edit on 1-12-2013 by mlifeoutthere because: (no reason given)

S___ hasn't hit the fan and there is no publicly recognized alien landing but people win the lotto every week.
I think I'd also hire a few hundred people to do nothing but write theoretical threads on ATS just to annoy specific individuals on the general chit-chat forum.

Well Played!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

spartacus699
reply to post by geobro

hey I am a very well respected individual.....lol....I deserve some respect from you! Besides you should know it's saturday night and I'm usually drunk at that time!
you have to earn respect with me sparty
besides i was sober on saturday sparty and was being brutally honest ask a stupid question get a sptpid answer but truethfull .

i actully look forward to your treads they make me smile .

if you dont wake up in the police cells sparty it was a quiet night

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Ahabstar
Buy an RV and drive around. Visit with people, Swap stories. Have barbecues at various Indian Reservations, just show up with the food with "Let's cook it and then eat it." attitude.

But basically just drive around for awhile and fix things while having a bit of an adventure. Sometimes take people along for the ride and other times just solo.
that is my life without the lottery win better go have a screen to do on a samsung

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I would take my sister Sakura on a date and we'll have fun together as the best of amigas.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join