It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You just won the powerball lotto for $590 million dollars, what would you do????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
You just won the powerball lotto for $590 million dollars???

After you won you got the check and had to appear at a press conference. You cash the check and the money is in your bank account now.

Now in a few hours after posting it you're phone starts ringing non stop, you have tons of media camped outside your house. Strange people in strange cars too. Your mailbox starts filling up with tons and tons of letters from strange people and strange organizations. People are knocking at your door non stop.

How would you deal with all this? And what would you do with the funds??

I'm not even completely sold I'd want all that money. Maybe 10 million, that's it. But I'd probably hire a body guard for starters. Then I'd probably be forced to move away for a while. It would totally displace your life. Then the other challenge might actually be the lack of challenge. You'd have to get really constructive with some of the funds at some point otherwise you'd likely become, bored, lazy, prideful, egotistical, into all kinds of vices and end up in some bad situations.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Move to a semi secluded area with a nice cultural community, follow my dreams, live like a king, be a jerk to all the lowly peasants, including taunts and pranks... and get a lot of girlfriends.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Call my accountant, hire a couple personal assistants (take over current business operations), book a flight somewhere warm…

Oh, and drop a million dollar bet on something. Doesn't matter what. 18Red?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Funny you had to ask that!

Since I would only need say 1 mil, I would give everybody I know at least some of it! Hell! I will have new friends everyday so might as well take care of the ones I can call a friend anyway!

Next. I would give Money to the ones I Hate the Most! Just because of all the thoughts I had for them, Lazy little ..........! Pay off my very small IOU's! Might as well include extra though! Just to say something anyway.

Now what? Invest in a Life Saving Program to ride Life of all the Crap we tend to believe is not REAL? Pay a Hacker to get every single Lie out there so we can learn the TRUTH? Then I would have to hire 1% to protect me, Crap again!

Well with that much Money. Buy all the GOLD and send it into Space where it came from! Nope, that would not work either, crap!

How could one allow each any every person Happy with this? Crap!

Free Energy! Use the money to find a way to provide it at no cost and no cost to Earth's Lack of resorceses! Might Work!

I Hate this Question!

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I would buy some remote island (similar to Richard Branson) and create my own paradise away from all the BS we see around the world today... I admit, I will go to a place where the "real" world is out of sight and out of mind... I would happily donate to any cause I truly believe in, where 100% of donation proceeds go to the charity (sadly, very few are like that) and I would take care of my family (immediate)... Invest the rest and live in paradise...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I would buy a giant sailboat and and finish recording my album.

Oh and get surgery on my finger.

Then I would surround myself with beautiful women who will give me messages and feed me grapes all day.

Then get punched in the face by my fiancee when she finds out about the women.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
i would go on a kill fest sparty all the bad people in the country would meet my new team of hitmen .

i would pay to have you commited to the nut house to stop you posting you would be on so many happy pills the world would end and you would not give a damm

and i would have a great time with the women but i still would buy reduced food .

and write a book to be published just as i die about all the deaths i really am barking folks

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'd buy a house. Never owned my own home. I'd share my good fortune with others. I'd get some cats, new clothes and furniture.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I think what a person does has lot to do with their age group. A person in their 20s will be partying hard and buying slick cloths and sports car. A person middle aged may think of buy some real estate, buying a business of two and buying up some stocks. A real old person will probably just buy their local golf club and enjoy playing on their own golf course each day.
edit on 1-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'd hire a decent lawyer financial planner and and tax accountant.
Then I'd move to an undisclosed location to get away from the ravening hordes of reporters and gimme-gimme people.

I'd make it a point to spend a full year deciding just what to do with the money.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I would setup my three best friends, for life. I would buy a 60ft+ sailboat and a house in Italy. Followed with leaviing this piece of crap country forever. At 48 I think I could pay all the taxes cash out and retire.

Oh and just for fun? A self launching sailplane an Aerial Atom and a Ducati Multistrada. I already have a Monster but multi-day trips on it are a bitch.
edit on 1-12-2013 by Mamatus because: added content.

edit on 1-12-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
No offense but there are far too many of these theoretical type threads such as `if aliens landed what would you do ` or `if s h t f` what would you do`

Yes i agree these are not spam subjects but its turning these forums from actual events to `what if` prediction type forums, and that is not a good sign!

guys dont flag this thread either, you are just encouraging lazy what if type threads
edit on 1-12-2013 by mlifeoutthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

mlifeoutthere
No offense but there are far too many of these theoretical type threads such as `if aliens landed what would you do ` or `if s h t f` what would you do`

Yes i agree these are not spam subjects but its turning these forums from actual events to `what if` prediction type forums, and that is not a good sign!

guys dont flag this thread either, you are just encouraging lazy what if type threads

S___ hasn't hit the fan and there is no publicly recognized alien landing but people win the lotto every week.
I think I'd also hire a few hundred people to do nothing but write theoretical threads on ATS just to annoy specific individuals on the general chit-chat forum.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Oh, how may times I have dreamed of it.
I would add onto my house.
I would buy more land and get a nice herd of cattle.
take care of my friends and family.
give to real charities.
start a horse rescue.
buy an oceanfront property,
kick back and enjoy life.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mlifeoutthere

It's general chit chat forum. All the threads are lazy. That's the point.

Taking it far too seriously. Calm down before your head explodes.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I dont know what that money is worth really but i would want to help to better ppl around me for first, i dont mean only my family but the whole town, help the drug/alcoholic adduction with researching best natural treamtents and perhaps build some service for it, help local farms and maybe build own farms creating more jobs and natural food around me, help small businesses that i would see they could better the society and so on theres many great things anyone could do to better the world, atleast around yourselfs.
Money isnt that important but to have ppl around you that you could trust and respect and other way around to its worth something!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm up with the island idea.

Oh yeah and I'd buy a giant camouflaged catapult that throws cow manure, sneak it over to Washington DC and give to the homeless people. For every direct hit they'd get $1000.

... but not before I got to the island.

edit on 369am2626am12013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
1. tell boss get stuffed.
2. buy private island someplace warm

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Make 590 people happy.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

mlifeoutthere

I disagree. It helps you to understand the mindset of some people who respond. A different side to the usual argumentative or defensive sides most threads elicit in people.

Sparty will be like Hurley on lost. And he's just wondering what to do with his millions.. 8^]

he can give me some bitcoins and I'd be happy lol..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join