It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Photos From Around The World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So some of you may know I am laid up right now due to a major surgery so I can’t do much. I hope you enjoy some of the photos I have been saving.

Zoe, the White Zebra, has blue eyes and golden stripes.

'The cat without fear''

Hotel Four Seasons Bora Bora .

Conservatory of Music in China .

So embrace the zebras

Kiss in Paris .

Premature elephant born only one minute ago .

Each year in February, the sun's angle is such that Horsetail Falls waterfall lights like fire. Yosemite , USA

Houseboat, Iceland.

Panda scared after the earthquake in Japan embraced the leg of a policeman.

Kalapana, Hawaii where the sea meets the lava

''I think I'll try to take a picture of myself''

Beijing Airport by night

Two year-old Chimpanzee feeding milk to "Aorn" a small tiger 60 days old.

Ducks tend to continue throughout their life with a new mother.

Highway in Japan with snow around more than 10 meters high. Unbelievable.

Spectacular rice fields in China .

Austria's Green Lake is a beautiful park in winter. The snow melts in summer and creates a very clear lake.

Undersea tunnel linking Sweden and Denmark .

The world's highest swimming pool is located in the skyscraper Marina Bay Sands, Singapore .

Amazing lightning storm over the Grand Canyon .

Baby Chameleons.

Beautiful image of a panda bear helping another.

"The road to Heaven" a place in Ireland where every two years the stars align with the road.

World's Largest Swimming Pool in San Alfonso, Chile. More than 1,000 yards long.

Crystal Palace. Madrid .

'' Heaven's Gate'', Zhangjiajie Tianmen Mountain , China .

The Northern Lights', Alaska .

Llamas after fleecing

The white owl, unbelievable.

The famous'' Rosa Moss Bridges", Ireland .

Eiffel Tower. romantic and beautiful Paris , France .

Road to Hana, Maui , Hawaii .

Restaurant hanging, Belgium ( What if you need to pee--LOOK OUT BELLOW).

Sea otters hold hands while they sleep in case the current leads to awaken together.

There are animals with more sensitivity than many people.

Fireman giving drink to a baby Koala in Australia fires.

Amazing view of Manhattan , New York , from above.

Frozen bubbles in the Canadian Rockies, Canada .

Spiral cloud in the sky. An Iridescent Cloud in Himalaya . Phenomenon observed on October 18, 2009.

View of the semi-submerged cataract. Hawaii .

Northern lights over the Rocky Mountains in Canada

A pink lake due to the harmless bacteria of Retba Lake, north of the Cap Vert peninsula of Senegal .

This dog saved her puppies from a fire at home, and put them safely in one of the fire trucks (brought a tear to my eye)

Infinite Cave, Vietnam

edit on 30-11-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Grimpachi
"The road to Heaven" a place in Ireland where every two years the stars align with the road.

Nice picture, but the explanation is nonsensical.

Edit - found the reason that the explanation is nonsensical: Its a complete lie.

The photo was actually taken in Germany.
The full story, by the photographer, is here.

But nobody seems to care. People just keep copying crap around the internet without bothering to find out if its true, because nobody cares if things are true or lies. Cut and paste. Cut and paste. Cut and paste.

edit on pmSaturdayfpm1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Not all roads are paved.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
These are some of the most amazing photos I have ever seen in my entire life!!!!!!!! Breath taking, touching, astounding. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Really very nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

His story reminds me of when I used to take pictures. I would spend hours in the back woods getting bitten by god knows what, in a tornado getting my equipment battered and wet, soaked, miserable, sore, tired…

Then a week later people say, "Oh wow that place is so beautiful, I wanna go there!"

No you don't…

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

boncho
His story reminds me of when I used to take pictures.

I think all photographers probably have stories like that.

The photo below, when blown up to poster size, many people have told me it looks beautiful and with Orion, Venus, the first light of dawn, the MIR spacestation flying overhead and so forth, they wish they had been there to see it.

Not really.
I barely remember it. I'd been awake all night (first light of dawn, remember), bitterly cold, white frost covering all my equipment, and it was just a "last shot" I'd snapped before heading off to bed.

Movie makers probably have the same thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Beautiful photos. Entertaining thread. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

some truly beutiful pictures there thanks for the pleasure they provided and get better soon Grimpachi.and please submit as many pictures as you have,i,m sure we,ll all enjoy them,,,,,,,Jim

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I came in thinking "some nice landscapes" and boy was i wrong, what a great selection your work or others thats impressive indeed. Bookmarked will return every now and then for a dose of nature being awesome.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I love the baby ducks following the dog. But where is the real mommy duck?

The OP has collected a sizable number of impressive pics. Thanks for sharing them.

edit on 1-12-2013 by Askal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Wow, 95% of this Photos are brilliant
and the 5% are unreal Phantasticos!

Thank you very much for this sharp Reminder in what a beauty we live in!!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
S&F ! I wish you a speedy recovery, but not TOO speedy; I want to see some more of you favorite pictures!
Thanks,
Nugget

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I should have written more about the pics. Some of them I took traveling some I got from fellow travelers(you can meet so many cool people at hostels) a few were postcards. I have thousands and thousands of photos stored on my computer from over the years I will look some more. I had a computer crash some time ago and I have just begun to retrieve the data off the drives. If anyone has some good pics feel free to post them here.

This one was taken by a photographer I met he has a whole body of work and a thing for birds.

Isak Pretorius (South Africa)

Sticky situation

In May, the seafaring lesser noddies head for land to breed. Their arrival on the tiny island of Cousine in the Seychelles coincides with peak web size for the red-legged golden orb-web spiders. The female spiders, which can grow to the size of a hand, create colossal conjoined webs up to 1.5 metres in diameter in which the tiny males gather. These are woven from extremely strong silk and are suspended up to six metres above the ground, high enough to catch passing bats and birds, though it’s flying insects that the spiders are after. Noddies regularly fly into the webs. Even if they struggle free, the silk clogs up their feathers so they can’t fly. This noddy was exhausted, says Isak, ‘totally still, its fragile wing so fully stretched that I could see every feather’. The only way to accentuate the female spider was to crop the wings. And it was only human intervention that saved the bird. But a stickier threat awaited it on the same island: native pisonia, or cabbage trees. These are favourite nesting places for lesser noddies, whose feathers get covered in the trees’ sticky seeds. If the load is too heavy, they can’t fly, fall to the ground and die. But there is an ultimate twist to the story: the corpses provide compost for the seeds, which give rise to new nesting places for future generations of noddies.

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV + 70-200mm f2.8 lens; 1/500 sec at f5.6 (-1 e/v); ISO 1600; Canon 580EX flash.
naturaul history

At Crater principal Irazu Volcano 11,260 ft (3,432 m), could get winded easily at that height.

I was lucky to get a few photos that day as it cleared up. In the background you can see to the coastline turn around and you can see the other coast. You can see the Pacific and Atlantic from that spot.

edit on 1-12-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
even if there are 1 or 2 photos in there that don't match the description, those are still amazing photos! thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I like this guy’s work. I have always been mesmerized by volcanoes. Photographers name is Patrick Taschler.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I wish you a swift and healthy uncomplicated recovery.
I am very very happy for these pics that you posted. My favorite were the animal ones the panda one made me smile as well as the dog ones.

Your pics reminded me that our slice of the universe and this rock we live on is more complex and beautiful than anything we could create or come up with in some movie or video game.

Some of those scenes look like something straight out of a fairy tale. Life is truly a remarkable phenomena, lets live it as much as we can while we are here. Thank you grimpachi my favourite thread this week !

edit on 1-12-2013 by CitizenJack because: typos : /

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The spiral cloud image although breath taking is not real according to this

Fake spiral cloud

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I wish you a speedy recovery. Your pictures actually left me breathless! I'm not a big fan of water, so the swimming pools and underground tunnels made me a bit queasy. The animal pics are my favorite. I wanted to reach out and comfort that poor panda. Pictures, especially the amazing ones, remind us how beautiful and loving the Earth can be. Thanks for sharing!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join