It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fast and Furious' star Paul Walker dies in car accident

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
sorry if its been posted but here is a vid with aerial footage of the car after the crash

www.youtube.com...=27

to me that looks like way to much damage. it looks like it partially flew apart.

another view at the bottom

iactafool.com...

and about the car

en.wikipedia.org...

Notable technology includes a pure carbon fiber monocoque and subframe, dry sump lubrication and inboard suspension. The carbon fiber monocoque and subframe were produced and assembled by ATR Composites Group of Italy.

Fitted with Porsche's latest Carbon fibre-reinforced Silicon Carbide (C/SiC) ceramic composite brake system, the 15-inch (380 mm) SGL Carbon disc brakes

^^^^should have been able to stop at the supposed speed

i dont know. it just dont seem right
edit on 5-12-2013 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2013 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
the more i look the more i dont think it ads up. i cant get behind the drone strike theory but the damage to the car and the tree does not seem right.

it looks like the car flew apart and the tree is all good.
where is the front end damage?
the clip is gone and the drivers side fender is gone. hood is up.

i would have thought the front clip, hood, fender would have been smashed in towards the fire wall. all these cars have 'crumple zones' in their design, specifically for front end collisions.
the bumper pushes back and kind of causes everything to crumple in on itself, not fall apart.
this looks like the remains of a nascar that has flipped over a bunch of times at 100mph with the body parts flying everywhere.

imo, the brakes should have been able to stop the car. all these new cars are scoped out on the track at the factory and then each year motor trend and car and driver get their hands on them. the put x amount of miles on them. they run the 1/4 and the skid pad. they test and record acceleration and braking. they do these test near or above these speeds.

was the dude driving tuned up? tox report?
were they running nos? whats with the crazy fire? cars crash all the time and yes fires happen but this thing was blazing and he hit a tree at 45. thats what they say.
i want to know why the blaze?

i would think the tree would be down or halfway to the windshield with the hood and fenders crumpled up.

in my non expert opinion

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

Carbon fiber shatters at high speeds. Also, it appears from the pictures that the car impacted in a 1-2. First hitting the light pole, and then slamming the tree broadside. As for the fire? Chemicals. From the articles I've read, Roger Rodas had not modified this car with NOS or anything. If there had been a power steering leak under pressure spraying on red-hot brakes... who knows.

My theory involves the story of the stalling reported.Could be some sort of fuel delivery issue, but as to what could have caused the spark is a mystery. The battery may have exploded or something. I've watched a Volvo sitting in a parking lot randomly catch fire and blaze away without even running so... who knows.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Paul Walker's father has revealed that he had begged his late son to give up his daredevil ways during the last conversation he ever had with him.

Paul Walker's father reveals eerie last conversation

Typical hoon meets with his karmic demise, it seems...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join