It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK authorities forcibly removed baby from Italian’s womb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

LONDON, United Kingdom – British social services forcibly removed a baby from a pregnant Italian woman’s womb by cesarean section while she was in the country on a work trip, a report said on Saturday.
The woman was sedated and then had the girl taken out of her body after authorities in Essex, eastern England, obtained a court order, the Sunday Telegraph newspaper said, citing her lawyers.
The authorities said the woman had had a mental breakdown and it acted in the best interests of the child, which is now 15 months old, the paper said.
The Italian mother has now launched a legal battle for the child, which is being put up for adoption by the social services, it said.

Read more: newsinfo.inquirer.net...
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

this is SICK, why is the UK KIDNAPPING children of foreign visitors? even worse than the kidnapping is the forced unnecessary surgery to REMOVE what seems to have been a healthy baby in a normal pregnancy early?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

The authorities said the woman had had a mental breakdown and it acted in the best interests of the child

I guess the answer to your question depends on the nature of the "breakdown." If she was acting psychotic and homicidal then the safety of the child was in question and the actions justified.

Since the article doesn't elaborate it makes it impossible to say. Is there any additional information on this?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
A working woman with an unintended child of a powerful man, perhaps?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yet you can have an "abortion" up until the moment of birth. What is more homocidal than that? I am happy they saved that baby, I just wish they would do that for them all.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is crazy!

After doing a bit more reading it appears the mother had a "panic attack" while in the UK and since the police had information about a bipolar condition they hauled her to a psychiatric hospital while telling the mother they were going to make sure the baby was OK. The mental health act in the UK gave them the ability to restrain her and hold her without question.

After 5 WEEKS! in this hospital they took the baby without even telling the woman it was going to happen.

It seems to me that for some reason they really wanted this baby to be born in the UK instead of Italy. I don't know the citizen laws in the different countries of Europe, but im assuming that a baby born in a country becomes a citizen of that country, or this case a subject.

If this woman was a threat to herself or the baby then i agree with taking her to a hospital to help get her stable enough to go home, but this is madness. They could have retrained here if she was completely out of control and sedated her until she was home. Since apparently they didnt even consider this, it must mean they had some other reason to want the baby to be born in the UK and manipulated the situation to make it so.

Additional source:
Telegraph.co.uk #1
Telegraph.co.uk #2

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

americanwoman
reply to post by Bassago

Yet you can have an "abortion" up until the moment of birth.

WTF..?!

Where can you do this...? Or did you just speak out of your ass..?

OP:

Some actions illicit reactions...others demand scrutiny.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

Well what a victory for any anti abortion groups in any place in the so call "civilized world" haul women regardless of their citizenship and tag them unsafe to themselves while stealing fetuses out of their womb.

I don't know about you females in childbearing age out there but this actually sound like a horror movie to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
wow i thought i had heard it all about social services but this takes the cake they steal 60.000 kids from their familys every year .

some of them do need it but 60.000 and now this

think carefully before going to your doctor and saying your depressed

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Umm... not it wouldn't be and is not justified. If she was psychotic then they could still wait until she went into labor.. they cut the kid out and took it. That's beyond anything Welles could imagine in 84.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Having a panic attack is not psychotic. She is holding down a job after all. They have no business taking her child.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

edit on 1-12-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
As a UK citizen and parent i am shocked and appalled at this story. I didn't realise i was living in China.

King

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kingears

There is a lot we don't know about that happens in Britain. Howevedr, I would imagine that the lady in question was either suicidal or dangerous to the point of being a risk to her child. This must have been done with a Court Order so there would have been good reasons for this drastic action. (I hope)!

Our Social Services seem to either overkill completely thereby destroying the object of their actions, or they don't bother until the child or vulnerable person is dead. However, again, we don't hear of the successful workings of S.Ss.

Like most departments in this country they are suffering from a terrific lack of funding and staffing numbers. Unless they are staffed to a level they can manage, which never actually reflects the numbers of immigrants both legal and illegal that also can add strain to their services, they are in a situation where they just about cope.

What bothers me with S.Ss is that they seem to have a lot of newly or inexperienced staff whom have virtually the power of Customs and Excise and perhaps that power needs to be exercised with a senior social worker's authority. I know personally of a case where a child was 'snatched' from a family on the Friday afternoon of a Bank Holiday weekend and the poor family had to wait to get hold of a solicitor the following week and, the child was given back - though no apology for the affect this had on the individuals.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

You're right, it is either one extreme or the other. The whole organisation needs a compete overhaul imo.

King
edit on 1/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

It seems to me that for some reason they really wanted this baby to be born in the UK instead of Italy. I don't know the citizen laws in the different countries of Europe, but im assuming that a baby born in a country becomes a citizen of that country, or this case a subject.
reply to post by xDeadcowx

I'm not sure about that.

I worked with a Polish man who came here with his wife and had been in the UK for a couple of years and had a baby here. He told me they had assumed the child would be a British citizen because he was born in the UK, and said when they enquired about this the authorities informed him that a child born in this country to a couple whom are both Polish citizens, is Polish, not British.

I think they tried to apply for a British passport for the child after he was born and it was that authority which told him why their child isn't British. He was pretty miffed about it.

To be honest, I too assumed that anyone born in this country is British, but when you think about it, how can a couple whom are not British nor hold British passports, have a British child?

As for this Italian lady and baby, I was horrified when I read about it earlier. It had me wondering which SS we're talking about, Social Services 'SS' or the Nazi 'SS' - because after reading about what they've done to this lady and her baby it's difficult to tell the difference!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

If this is true then I am both ashamed and disgusted.
For the itallians there is nothing more important than family (as it should be) and this makes it all the more distressing, if there was an issue of concern the english social services had every right to contact the social welfare authoritys in italy and non to perform this nazi like action.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I know. I've had them. I didnt know what happened to her. I was just saying even if she was flat out psychotic, if she was a crazy murderer it STILL wouldn't be justified.

It makes it even crazier that it was over a panic attack.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 1-12-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 1-12-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Having read the Telegraph article I am stunned by incompetence on show. It appears impressive even from a civil service branch that allows toddlers to be starved to death.

I dont see conspiracy, I just see a procession of people from top to bottom who assumed the 'whats no risk to me?' option rather than 'whats the most reasonable?'.

Its not conspiracy, its just what happens when 'protect thy arse' becomes the overriding ethos of a complicated and dysfunctional bureaucracy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join