It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help with Server 2012 Essentials and Outlook BCM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hello, I really need a solution to getting Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager (BCM) working on a server with a domain. We can install an SQL Server, but the BCM won't install still. Anyone have any luck on Server 2012 Essentials?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

samlf3rd
Hello, I really need a solution to getting Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager (BCM) working on a server with a domain. We can install an SQL Server, but the BCM won't install still. Anyone have any luck on Server 2012 Essentials?

Some info?
Are there any error codes?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I wonder if there is a relationship between your problem and the (un)Affordable Health Care's website.

I also think I read something somewhere there were/are issues related to communicating back and forth between the ACA website and the insurance companies databases.

I know that I'm not any help to you here BUT it is inline with a "general" opinion on Sept. 19, 2013:

I can easily see "I.T." from most management's point of view as a 4 letter word because I really don't think the general economy has turned around enough to justify all of these new and more expensive bells and whistles. However, this may be due to an economy that has weakened to the point where more and more internet users are unable to afford the larger laptop or desktop machines and little "touch-screen" handheld devices are all that remain ... then what?.

Also, consider any additional complexity and new security issues if or when something begins to go wrong. If this happens, it might become more obvious that this upgrade may be more costly than its worth.

2013: An Information Technology Gouge?

MS-Exchange alone is a Whooper of a Server Service. Now you're adding numerous other services dependent upon it which can make for a Big-Whooper !!!

MS-Exchange also requires additional software and networking securities to in-place (and properly functioning) since you are using an internal system that will be (at least) partially exposed to the outside world.

Yes, I can sense you "pain" ... and I hope someone else has survived a similar issue and share with you/us their possible resolution(s).

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Really need more information before either myself or someone else will be able to help. When you say BCM doesn't install, what do you mean? A prerequisite is not met? Exception errors? Conflict with another bit of software? Unable to see the exchange server? Is this an internal domain, or a public one? If public is the domain registered and DNS configured? Do have a firewall or other security appliance configured? Do you have to setup NAT or network routes? Is the server behind a proxy? So many possibilities for things to go wrong I wouldn't be able to even start troubleshooting your problem without detailed info

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
He's been stuck sitting in front of a black monitor screen with the words "Missing NTLDR. Press any key to restart." staring at him.

... for the past 5 hours.

oO
edit on 1-12-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join