It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Religion of Sumer and Akkad (Sumerians the first civilization known to man)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have proof that the Sumerians were a religious people and their religion was divine. I have decided to make a series about it explaining how.

Basically, the Sumerians beliefs point to the same basic principle beliefs of other monotheistic religions, which include believing in dreams, the unseen, etc.

Further proof are the Sumerian clay tablets that foretell the story of the Prophets Noah and Job, long before they existed. How was this possible? It could not have come from nowhere except through the Sumerian Prophets such as Adam and his sons, Noah and his sons, and Abraham and his sons, all revealed through divine inspiration.

Watch part 1 and let me know what you think.

The Epics of Sumer, Akkad, and the Divine Religion

Part 2
The religion of Sumer and Akkad, and the 3 religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You should probably go back a bit further. These videos just sound like someone saying Mesopotamian myths somehow validate Islam, when in fact the argument that modern religions are more likely built off these, (with a lot of writer's discretion, is more likely).

And there are things that predate Epic of Gilgamesh. Astra-Hasis for instance:

Tablet I contains a creation myth about the Sumerian gods Anu, Enlil, and Enki, gods of sky, wind, and water, “when gods were in the ways of men” according to its incipit. Following the Cleromancy (casting of lots), sky is ruled by Anu, earth by Enlil, and the freshwater sea by Enki. Enlil assigned junior divines[6] to do farm labor and maintain the rivers and canals, but after forty years the lesser gods or dingirs rebelled and refused to do strenuous labor. Instead of punishing the rebels, Enki, who is also the kind, wise counselor of the gods, suggested that humans be created to do the work. The mother goddess Mami is assigned the task of creating humans by shaping clay figurines mixed with the flesh and blood of the slain god Geshtu-E, “a god who had intelligence” (his name means “ear” or “wisdom”).[7] All the gods in turn spit upon the clay. After ten months, a specially made womb breaks open and humans are born. Tablet I continues with legends about overpopulation and plagues. Atrahasis is mentioned at the end of Tablet I.

Tablet II begins with more overpopulation of humans and the god Enlil sending first famine and drought at formulaic intervals of 1200 years to reduce the population. In this epic Enlil is depicted as a nasty capricious god while Enki is depicted as a kind helpful god, perhaps because priests of Enki were writing and copying the story. Tablet II is mostly damaged, but ends with Enlil's decision to destroy humankind with a flood and Enki bound by an oath to keep the plan secret.

Tablet III of the Atrahasis Epic contains the flood story. This is the part that was adapted in the Epic of Gilgamesh, tablet XI. Tablet III of Atrahasis tells how the god Enki warns the hero Atrahasis (“Extremely Wise”) of Shuruppak, speaking through a reed wall (suggestive of an oracle) to dismantle his house (perhaps to provide a construction site) and build a boat to escape the flood planned by the god Enlil to destroy humankind. The boat is to have a roof “like Apsu” (a subterranean, fresh water realm presided over by the god Enki), upper and lower decks, and to be sealed with bitumen. Atrahasis boards the boat with his family and animals and seals the door. The storm and flood begin. Even the gods are afraid. After seven days the flood ends and Atrahasis offers sacrifices to the gods. Enlil is furious with Enki for violating his oath. But Enki denies violating his oath and argues: “I made sure life was preserved.” Enki and Enlil agree on other means for controlling the human population.

en.wikipedia.org...

The ancient alien series sounds like BS in almost every episode, but you can't help to notice that the ancient myths of old sounds like an alien race came here and got stranded, or they were checking out planets for exploration or something.
edit on 30-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

boncho
You should probably go back a bit further. These videos just sound like someone saying Mesopotamian myths somehow validate Islam, when in fact the argument that modern religions are more likely built off these, (with a lot of writer's discretion, is more likely).

And there are things that predate Epic of Gilgamesh. Asta-Hasis for instance:

Tablet I contains a creation myth about the Sumerian gods Anu, Enlil, and Enki, gods of sky, wind, and water, “when gods were in the ways of men” according to its incipit. Following the Cleromancy (casting of lots), sky is ruled by Anu, earth by Enlil, and the freshwater sea by Enki. Enlil assigned junior divines[6] to do farm labor and maintain the rivers and canals, but after forty years the lesser gods or dingirs rebelled and refused to do strenuous labor. Instead of punishing the rebels, Enki, who is also the kind, wise counselor of the gods, suggested that humans be created to do the work. The mother goddess Mami is assigned the task of creating humans by shaping clay figurines mixed with the flesh and blood of the slain god Geshtu-E, “a god who had intelligence” (his name means “ear” or “wisdom”).[7] All the gods in turn spit upon the clay. After ten months, a specially made womb breaks open and humans are born. Tablet I continues with legends about overpopulation and plagues. Atrahasis is mentioned at the end of Tablet I.

Tablet II begins with more overpopulation of humans and the god Enlil sending first famine and drought at formulaic intervals of 1200 years to reduce the population. In this epic Enlil is depicted as a nasty capricious god while Enki is depicted as a kind helpful god, perhaps because priests of Enki were writing and copying the story. Tablet II is mostly damaged, but ends with Enlil's decision to destroy humankind with a flood and Enki bound by an oath to keep the plan secret.

Tablet III of the Atrahasis Epic contains the flood story. This is the part that was adapted in the Epic of Gilgamesh, tablet XI. Tablet III of Atrahasis tells how the god Enki warns the hero Atrahasis (“Extremely Wise”) of Shuruppak, speaking through a reed wall (suggestive of an oracle) to dismantle his house (perhaps to provide a construction site) and build a boat to escape the flood planned by the god Enlil to destroy humankind. The boat is to have a roof “like Apsu” (a subterranean, fresh water realm presided over by the god Enki), upper and lower decks, and to be sealed with bitumen. Atrahasis boards the boat with his family and animals and seals the door. The storm and flood begin. Even the gods are afraid. After seven days the flood ends and Atrahasis offers sacrifices to the gods. Enlil is furious with Enki for violating his oath. But Enki denies violating his oath and argues: “I made sure life was preserved.” Enki and Enlil agree on other means for controlling the human population.

en.wikipedia.org...

The ancient alien series sounds like BS in almost every episode, but you can't help to notice that the ancient myths of old sounds like an alien race came here and got stranded, or they were checking out planets for exploration or something.

Modern religions, such as the Abrahamic ones, were from the same origin as the Sumerians because they learned such stories from Adam and his sons, passed down from Noah to his sons, and Abraham to his sons, a lineage of righteous humans. Hence, in the Quran it says the religion of Muhammad is the same religion as that of Noahs and Abrahams, the Sumerian Prophets

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubz310

Modern religions, such as the Abrahamic ones, were from the same origin as the Sumerians because they learned such stories from Adam and his sons, passed down from Noah to his sons, and Abraham to his sons, a lineage of righteous humans. Hence, in the Quran it says the religion of Muhammad is the same religion as that of Noahs and Abrahams, the Sumerian Prophets

So why all the petty infighting?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
please add to the ongoing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

join