It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November Ratings: Fox News Crushes Left-Wing CNN, MSNBC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

We shall see how that holds now that its offical that Bill O'Reilly is leaving oxnews for CNN. Cnn also lost their top business host, who is coming to Foxbusiness (I forget her name).

Got proof of that, or are you going by the Weekly World News??

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

dragonridr

MrSpad
CNN is now left wing eh? I thought it was pretty clear they sit in the center and that is why they do not have a built in audience beyond event coverage which they have managed to screw up as of late. Although all of the cable news audience is pretty much old people. That is why FOX is bleeding views every year. Young people do not watch cable news. And as for the young they watch left leaning the daily show and cobert (which both crush anything FOX or anyone else can offer) for the news they do not get from the net. That is audience CNN is making a play for with its changes. MSNBC nobody has ever watched.

I agree CNN is what we would consider moderate. And as such they dont have followers like MSNBC and FOX. The reason why Fox does so well is conservatives have a 2 to 1 margin over liberals.Every poll ive ever seen shows conservatives at 40 percent or better with moderates just behind at say high 30s and liberals around 20s . I think there is a correlation with religion the us is all ways 70 percent or better for christianity.If you believe in god your going to be a conservative or a moderate asa general rule.

Well FOX does not do well they just do better than the other two in a dying business model. If you look at the viewership demo for cable news, FOX in particular it is very old. In the age of the internet and smart phone who else would be sitting around watching cables news but older folks. Older folks of course skew conservative. Most peope if they turn into news do so with one of the big networks NBC/CBS/ABC who draw between 7 and 9 million viewers each. Anyone of those more that crush the primetime ratings of all 3 cable networks combinded who at thier best are drawing 4 million viewers combined. 4 miilion cable news vs about 24 million network news is not even close. It also skews much younger than cable although not young enough. Not that network news is growing industry either. Of course the key youth demo's are seeing growth in one place and that is late night shows The Daily Show and Colbert Report. While they can go toe to toe with anything the cable news networks put up ratings wise the key is they have growth in the key young demos where everybody else is losing them. That makes them worth a lot more money because advertisers will pay to reach those 18 to 35 year olds and not so much those 65 plus that make up most of the cable news networks audience.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
maybe the people that are inclined to watch MSNBC, simply read more than the directions on the back of a shampoo bottle.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by xuenchen

You know I always wondered why Fox and MSNBC didn't have the same ratings.

CNN is in the gutter, we all know that, and it isn't going to improve any time soon, but fox and MSNBC are literally clones of each other, just on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Are conservatives more likely to watch prime time news than liberals are? Perhaps liberals are using more online technology?

I'd like to see the stats for each respective companie's websites, that would give a better picture.

~Tenth

To say that FOX and MSNBC are clones on the opposite side of the political spectrum is nonsense.

Please share a link with us where somebody on FOX has ever uttered bile on the sort of Martin Bashir toward Sarah Palin. And then not have any pushback from the feminist movement in here defense...let alone a cry of "foul" from any of the female on-camera personalities?

I'll wait......

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Does it really matter who is on top (news)? They are all puppets of the big old nasty illuminati machine!

I'm 54 years old, retired after 28 years in the military, and I don't believe any of the crap they force feed us (3 ltr networks).

I come to websites like this to get my news. It's easier to decipher the crap from the real deal.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

conservatives are more likely to be old white people waiting around for the early bird specials,then go to bed at 6 pm

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I doubt Billy O is going anywhere.

One questionable source. CNN is a dead Network.

I watch Fox News. All media has an agenda.

Fox has been beating all other cable news combined.

They have been #1 for years.

Yet nobody will admit they watch it.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

So really what you're saying is that out of 313 or so Million adults in the USA:

3,137,000 primetime news watchers and 1,937,000 daytime news watchers are hooked on corporate media? Oh wait we didn't factor in the major networks, just when I had hope for Americans broadly turning to alternative media...

Evening News for:
NBC: 8.3 Million
ABC: 7.6 Million
CBS: 6.4 Million

Well still not that bad 25 or so Million Americans are watching corporate evening news and only 2.1 Million of those are watching the one legally allowed to lie to you. It could be worse.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

2.1 Million of those are watching the one legally allowed to lie to you.

What has Fox News lied about? Please provide a valid source.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

You know I always wondered why Fox and MSNBC didn't have the same ratings.

CNN is in the gutter, we all know that, and it isn't going to improve any time soon, but fox and MSNBC are literally clones of each other, just on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Are conservatives more likely to watch prime time news than liberals are? Perhaps liberals are using more online technology?

I'd like to see the stats for each respective companie's websites, that would give a better picture.

~Tenth

Folks like my poor mother are partially responsible for the ratings. I love her I really do but when I visit that’s the only thing that’s ever on. Before my father passed he complained she would watch fox morning noon and night they would start rerunning shows from earlier in the day but she has memory problems so she thinks they are new same goes for the weekends.

I talked to my cousin and her mother is in a nursing home she says when she visits it’s the same thing the same people watching the same thing it is always fox news. I will not go into why I think they are drawn to it but they make up a big block of the viewers. Its sad most of them can’t remember why but they know they hate Obama.

As for myself...I canceled cable over a year ago.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Fox News Lies
So much more..see ya milt.or are you too busy covering your eyes and ears to hear me..

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Also love how Megan K says polls show that Majority of Americans do not want Obamacare..(LIE) because the only polls that matter are ones you can make up right conservatives..(wink wink), then says in another interview that polls do not matter...

Miss Kelly like all other conservatives...should just keep quiet before speaking so they won;t be made fools of.

And this is the most watched network? People must love to be lied to...

edit on 1-12-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
Also love how Megan K says polls show that Majority of Americans do not want Obamacare..(LIE) because the only polls that matter are ones you can make up right conservatives..(wink wink), then says in another interview that polls do not matter...

Miss Kelly like all other conservatives...should just keep quiet before speaking so they won;t be made fools of.

And this is the most watched network? People must love to be lied to...

Quite a few polls have shown people to be against ObamaCare since 2009...

many listed here;
Public Approval of Health Care Law

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

are you too busy covering your eyes and ears to hear me

Nope, not at all. It seems that the main difference, between you and I, is that I don't need to, nor do I, rely on others to tell me what to think. That is, IN FACT, the only purpose of the videos that you posted. Posting such, as sources, only shows that you're not capable of thinking for yourself.

If you possess any integrity, at all:
Kindly post at least one lie told by Fox News, and the source that convinced you that it was, indeed, a lie. Please don't give me someone else's OPINIONS, again. Unlike you, I'm only interested in facts, and NOT partisan talking points.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Actually, according to some polls done a couple of years ago, more dems watch Fox News than any other channel.
miamiherald.typepad.com...

I am sure that can be found on google, or your favorite search engine.

It is actually progressives, and a fairly select audience of progressives, and very far left dems that watch MSNBC.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The proof is in the pudding, people are tuning out because the truth is coming out, the facts speak for themselves, and while the liberal media didn't vet Obama at least FOX did to an extent.

The libersl media didn't do it's job,
Oh wait

Yea it did it swept everything about Obama under the rug, and got him re-elected.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Actually all those are lies and all verified.

I don't need to told what to think...or I would be watching Fox news, reading some conservative site.

I said it once I will say it again..any time a conservative says something..I google it..guess what..usually word for word or put into their own style yet still saying the same thing..it always is from a conservative site ..like Briebart (I think)..etc

It is hilarious that conservatives need to be told what to think.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I have verified them myself..I gave them to you now you verify them..

It's not hard..even a conservative can do it...I am even going to tell you what to do just pretend I'm Fox or any conservative site you like and Google it...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

HomerinNC
reply to post by Xcathdra

We shall see how that holds now that its offical that Bill O'Reilly is leaving oxnews for CNN. Cnn also lost their top business host, who is coming to Foxbusiness (I forget her name).

Got proof of that, or are you going by the Weekly World News??

Ehh my apologies.. While it was not the Weakly World News, it used their article as their source.

My bad.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Political headlines sound more and more like pay-per-view wrestling programs.

But then again the political vitriol today sounds like listening to white noise while the toilet is flushing in the background.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join