It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouch! Boy struck by pebble size meteor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a small boy in florida was struck on the head by a pebble sized meteor says father. pebbles were magnetized indicating a meteor. boy needed 3 stitches. ouch!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.clickorlando.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm sure there's a culture somewhere very excited about the reborn king,

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Not doubting it but what's the chance someone threw a rock?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Florida? Skunk ape territory. According to the experts they like to throw rocks.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

catfishjoe
Florida? Skunk ape territory. According to the experts they like to throw rocks.

But I don't think they have magnetized rocks in Florida, though you can buy them at the spiritual shops, however that would rule out skunk ape. Maybe a kid up on a deck or roof lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

It was comet ISON!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
he could sell it for the hospital bill. I hope this is not something which all of us will experience in the future, I did have a weird dream about them the other night.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I found this part of the article particularly amusing.

“This is a meteorite, I know it. I want to make sure they’re truly investigated properly.”

Now why does he care if its investigated properly?

Is he planning on suing someone over this?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Spookybelle

“This is a meteorite, I know it. I want to make sure they’re truly investigated properly.”

Probably threw a rock at his kid while under investigation by child services or going through a divorce.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Spookybelle

I think the kid wants to be "The boy who was struck by a meteorite". There would be a certain amount of notoriety (and possibly some TV morning talk show appearances) in it for him.

If people just write it off as "maybe someone just threw a rock at him", he would lose that notoriety.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
some one throwing a rock though does not fit what happened. these were PEBBLE sized rocks, the size of small peas. to cause a gash, they would have had to be traveling at speed.

still, would not want to be standing next to this kid in the future!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

blackthorne
some one throwing a rock though does not fit what happened. these were PEBBLE sized rocks, the size of small peas. to cause a gash, they would have had to be traveling at speed.

They would also hot ? I think he has made this up to earn money.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

wmd_2008

blackthorne

They would also hot ? I think he has made this up to earn money.

Small pieces of meteorite are not necessarily hot, especially if it was breaking apart as it went through the atmosphere. The hot outer surfaces vaporize around the inner parts, as the inner parts could stay cool to the touch.

Another myth is that a meteorite is moving at hypersonic speeds. A meteor/space rock may be moving 30,000 mph or more before striking the atmosphere, but the atmosphere slows down most small meteors to terminal velocity, which for pebble-sized pieces of meteorite like the ones in the article in the OP could be 100 mph or less -- which could still be fast enough to produce a wound that would require stitches.

edit on 12/1/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

join