It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Infant HIV Decreases, but Teen AIDS-related Deaths Increase

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Interesting.

That's awesome you do that.

I wonder if at any point it'd be possible to create a news site kinda like Bitcoin but for articles and webimages that would essentially create an immortal copy of the information online. Anyone who accesses it can see the transactions but no one has control over them to change them. Once on file, always on file. Open source and housed in every computer that has access. Like article mining.

Probably wouldn't work but I wish there was something like that.
edit on 3-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: ;

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Healthcare workers from the West pushed African women into getting pap smears, did NOT use disposable speculums, and did NOT sterilize the metal ones before re-using them. Mysteriously, an HIV/AIDS epidemic broke out in African women after a few years. Hope you're not suggesting this epidemic was culture-based.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

There used to be a website called "The Memory Hole" that archived important news articles, reports, documents - alas, it was hacked in 2009 and is no more. I miss it.

The Memory Hole was a website edited by Russ Kick; first launched on July 10, 2002, last post on May 11, 2009.[1] Before being hacked in June 2009,[2] the site was devoted to preserving and publishing material that is in danger of being lost, is hard to find, or is not widely known. Topics include government files, corporate memos, court documents, police reports and eyewitness statements, Congressional testimony, reports from various sources, maps, patents, web pages, photographs, video, sound recordings, news articles, and books. The name is a reference to the "memory hole" from George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, a slot into which government officials deposit politically inconvenient documents and records for destruction.[3]

...The website is the 2005 winner of the Project on Government Oversight's "Beyond the Headlines" Award.[5]

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Yeah see I would like to see something like that but that couldn't be hacked because it's not a website per se but more of an algorithm where people submit the bare bones of an article. Kind of how Bitcoin transactions are out there for all to see but can't be changed. I don't know.

I just hope something changes. The shift from paper to virtual is a very bad one so far in terms of disappearing articles or changed information.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Not at all.

No, I'm saying the problem is two-fold. They have an issue with culture in that child marriage makes the idea of sex with children acceptable. That's one problem.

Then they have the problem you are referencing where all it takes in one or two infected women being treated with equipment that is then not properly sterilized before being used on other, healthy women, spreading the infection. That's problem two.

Between the two problems, they have an epidemic.

It's similar to the issues they had/have in parts of China.

The sex trade had HIV/AIDS and Chinese truckers would come over the border and indulge and pick up the infection. They would take it home. That was problem one.

Problem two was the China encouraged their population to donate blood and then did not use proper sterilization procedures in their clinics. So, not only was the infection being spread via tainted equipment, but also via tainted blood supply.

In both places, a two-fold problem spreading the infection. One was a cultural problem related to sexual attitudes or practices and the other was a medical problem caused by improper procedures. Neither was really related, but both helped feed the other.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Ah. Thanks. ...It's somewhat like what's happening here in the West with Mad Cow/vCJD/prion diseases. Investigation Into Potential Spread of vCJD Brain Disease in Hospitals

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join