It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Now Confiscating Legally Purchased Guns

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Who is honestly surprised here????

There is no reason for the Govt to collect and hold info on individual sales, except to know where they are and have the ability to take when deemed.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Mention guns and laws...watch the owners get their panties in a bunch.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So, are the doctors who prescribe the antidepressants to their patients also immediately calling the local police department and giving out names, addresses, and medical information, or are the pharmacists, or the drug companies? Because, One, there's this law called HIPAA regarding medical history privacy, and Two, I can think of no quicker way for the pharmaceutical companies to go out of business than reporting their customers to law enforcement and setting them up for a less-than-friendly visit from a bunch of goons (loaded up on steroids) dressed in riot gear.

If this is true, there's dozens of class-action lawsuit lawyers salivating at the thought.

Besides, anyone who isn't depressed at the current state of the world, isn't paying attention and should have their pulse checked.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by jrod

There is no reason for the Govt to collect and hold info on individual sales, except to know where they are and have the ability to take when deemed.

Sadly, I’m willing to look the other way with regard to the 2nd amendment rights of Californians. They’ve gotten themselves to this point through their stupid policies…let them deal with the consequences!

F-em! They reap what they sow.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yeah, but those same idiots are now leaving CA and migrating to other states, which brings their crap outside of the containment area.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

seabag

macman
reply to post by jrod

Sadly, I’m willing to look the other way with regard to the 2nd amendment rights of Californians. They’ve gotten themselves to this point through their stupid policies…let them deal with the consequences!

THIS is what's wrong with us!! Because of attitudes like this, they will take us down one state at a time! You think everyone in California enjoys the hyperliberals there who ruin the state? What about good people who own a business there and can't afford to leave? or have family, a well-established career? Seniority with a fire-dept? etc.

Californians don't deserve this just because the communists got themselves into gov't there.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
IMPORTANT ADDITION TO MAIN TOPIC:

www.ammoland.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 8675309jenny

THIS is what's wrong with us!! Because of attitudes like this, they will take us down one state at a time!
Not true! What wrong with us is on display in California and other places.

You think everyone in California enjoys the hyperliberals there who ruin the state? What about good people who own a business there and can't afford to leave? or have family, a well-established career? Seniority with a fire-dept? etc.

Californians don't deserve this just because the communists got themselves into gov't there.
While I totally agree with you in theory, its been common knowledge for many decades that CA was a liberal shart-hole and on the way to bankruptcy and total tyranny. If you didn’t see it coming and get the hell out then too bad!! Leave now or deal with it like a man!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

jrod

Does anyone still believe that gun registration does not lead to confiscation?

I'm sorry, but I'm calling bull [censored] on this one. For one thing, I did a search on Joe Mendez and all I could find were millions of web sites blindly cutting and pasting the same two articles that gave no background details whatsoever. Whenever I'm told I should believe a story that contains absolutely no verifiable details simply becuase it's constantly being repeated my bull [censored] detector strts buzzing For another, I'm seeing Alex Jones pushing this story and everything Alex Jones is pushing is automatically suspect.

For all I know this Joe Mendez was arrested for beating his wife, which is pretty much reason for police to sieze people's guns no matter what state they're in. Can anyone provide an actual tangible case of where someone's guns were seized just because he owed back taxes, as the article insinuates?
edit on 2-12-2013 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

Excellent point, Sir! And no, I don't claim umbrage at any attempt at devil's advocacy at all. In fact I welcome it. A lawyer friend of mine said once upon a time to me that, "You never ask a question to which you don't already know the answer, if you want to win the argument." We can apply the same logic to scenarios as well as arguments.

I think that the food and power situation will not be as dire as the enemy hopes, for the simple fact that most of those "crazy southern redneck gun nuts" live in areas that are prone to things like tornadoes, flash floods, ice storms etc. We know to have a supply of food and water on hand, and this trend has only gotten more pronounced as of late. A large number of us are still hunters and outdoorsmen, and we can get along without electricity for a time. Alternative communication is on the rise as well. 90% of the rice in the country is produced in Arkansas. In just one example of raw natural food many parts of pine trees are edible. In this area, if you were to don a blindfold, and start a brisk walk, the odds are high that you would run into a pine before anything else. That is just one example of hundreds I could name. Water filtration is not hard through colloidial silver soaked filter elements and charcoal. Solar power cells are commonly available, and I am currently building a wind powered generator using rare earth magnets bought online very inexpensively. The point is that adaptation and improvisation, or as I prefer to frame it, "good ol' redneck ingenuity," coupled with the proper knowledge, can make anything achievable. (the Count of Monte Cristo...)

In as much as other types of goods, munitions, and all manner of things that go "boom", once the issue has been pushed no further, that is to say when they have "fired the shot across the common" they have lost all moral validity, and as such anything goes. Loot, pillage, and steal. No quarter. The very nature of an insurgency is that your enemy is your supplier. You kill one enemy troop at the cost of one bullet, and strip his kit, gaining another weapon, communication devices, ammo, body armor and so forth. He gets weaker as you get stronger. Don't have an ar-15? That's ok, because that nice dhs agent coming towards you is bringing you one.

We seem in this country to have a VERY bad habit of always fighting the current war based on the last one. You would think that we would learn NOT to mess with insurgents, just leave them be. Vietnam: the Vietnamese had been previously occupied by the French, Chinese, and Japanese, giving them as a people almost five hundred years of night fighting and guerrilla warfare experience. America didn't know what the hell we were walking into, and we lost a war of attrition. Afghanistan: the Russians, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, and Hannibal ALL tried to take Afghanistan, ALL failed. Traditional armies do not win against insurgents.

Make no mistake, if push comes to shove, we will win, survive, and thrive. I feel a great swell of pity, however, for the poor people who have been on the government dole for a long time, and have possible inclinations of stealing food or goods. Knowing where to bury bodies as to avoid groundwater contamination or spread of disease then becomes an issue...

As far as economy goes, once the system is in remission due to conflict, in the more stable areas trade of goods or labor for other goods will become the norm. I don't believe that precious metals will be of use in the beginning because you can't eat it, shoot it, or plant it. A possible exception being silver, because medicinal coloidial silver can be made from coins. Seeds will become useful. Ammunition, tools, auto parts. I prefer to think in terms of the trade goods and trading posts of bygone era, and then adapt that principle to a "less is more" applied to modern life. If you want to know what I think it will be like in stable areas, read Alas Babylon.

Anything further on my part will be speculation, (well, hell it's all speculation) but I think getting more specific than this is just tilting at windmills. Prepare as best you can, as much as you can, get to know your neighbors, and watch each other's backs.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

It is happening.

edit on 2-12-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

8675309jenny
IMPORTANT ADDITION TO MAIN TOPIC:

www.ammoland.com...

Very eye opening.

In my opinion they do not have the balls to go after gang members and attempt to take their guns. They target specific individual on their APPS(armed prohibited person system) list and essentially bring the SWAT team to take guns and by all accounts many people who are being targeted are on the list for very minor reasons.

I can't believe there are still people denying this is happening, or will take the bait and argue they are only taking guns away from dangerous people which clearly is not the case in California.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

In my opinion they do not have the balls to go after gang members and attempt to take their guns. They target specific individual on their APPS(armed prohibited person system) list and essentially bring the SWAT team to take guns and by all accounts many people who are being targeted are on the list for very minor reasons.
That really is the bottom line here. They aren’t targeting and disarming real criminals. They are picking and choosing who to target and the lame reasons given don’t trump the second amendment protection these people enjoy. It’s terrible yet not surprising. It’s also not surprising that I feel no sympathy for them…they had it coming…we all saw it coming!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

macman

www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

It is happening.

This is apples and oranges. In one case the police sent a letter warning owners of firearms that they are required to remove them from the city according to a established law on the books, and in another case, we have a supposed incident where police just up and tackled a random gun owner on their own accord for no legal reason. I'm not saying what the NYC police are doing is fair, but sending owners a letter to remove their gun from the city is a far cry from kicking people's doors down in the dead of night to outright confiscate it, and NYC is where they invented "stop and frisk" so they're certainly not behaving so gentlemanly out of the kindness of their hearts. So what makes one event different from the other event?

I say it's because there's more information involving the California case that these self styled Paul Reveres spreading it around the Internet are neglecting to tell us. What you YOU say the difference is?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

8675309jenny

seabag

macman
reply to post by jrod

THIS is what's wrong with us!! Because of attitudes like this, they will take us down one state at a time! You think everyone in California enjoys the hyperliberals there who ruin the state? What about good people who own a business there and can't afford to leave? or have family, a well-established career? Seniority with a fire-dept? etc.

Actually, you're right. From my understanding most people think that it's useless to try and vote for anything other than Democrat, which is why they tend to not vote in California. But in reality, California is still very conservative, just not certain parts. Unfortunately you have a lot of voters that never knew Brown was the one that causes the horrendous mess in California over a decade ago and they voted for him. Those that get their vote counted are typically the uneducated kind, the ones that vote without knowing sh-- about anything political or economical. The problem with the law is that anyone can vote regardless if they know facts or not. There are so many people that I've talked that agree that we should have a no-cheat test to take prior to voting. This would effectively end a large number of single-point voters and strictly left/right voters. Know history, know the policies which the candidates are for/against for participating party members and your vote should count. It shouldn't be because someone is of a certain color to "be a part of history" or "because they are liberal/repub". Anyhow, more people should try to vote at least in California, I'm sure they can do it. /rant

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

There is no difference. The Govt is using a database of firearms, which they require registration of, to confiscate from people.

Regardless if it is due to one thing or another. The 2nd Amendment states the rights shall not be infringed upon. It does not have exclusions as to who gets this, or what can be owned.

There is a reason why it does not state that people like non-incarcerated persons should have their right to own a firearm taken away. It was seen, even back then, that the Govt should not have the ability to bring a citizen on charges, put them through a trial and convection, prison and then only to withhold rights once released. The 2nd Amendment was put forth to keep the Govt at bay, so the Govt wasn't supposed to have the ability to remove the right to keep it under control.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Go to that link that 8765309jenny posted. There is a video with a DOJ special agent who actually participated in some of the raids. In his words over 90% of the houses where guns were confiscated he did not agree with, they are not targeting violent felons like they want you to believe.

This is really happening and it is being sold as a 'safety measure.'

There is no doubt that gun registration leads to confiscation.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Once they get done with one state no matter if the test run goes well or not they'll move on to another state. I'm sure we all know of some states that are the hit list for this kind of action, but after a while they'll try and get to every last one. It isn't about if it's right or wrong it's about what they want done and the actions they'll take to get it done now.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

jrod

Go to that link that 8765309jenny posted. There is a video with a DOJ special agent who actually participated in some of the raids. In his words over 90% of the houses where guns were confiscated he did not agree with, they are not targeting violent felons like they want you to believe.

This is really happening and it is being sold as a 'safety measure.'

There is no doubt that gun registration leads to confiscation.

I don't contest the fact that registration leads to confiscation. The only benefit registration can possibly have is to let the gov't know what guns people have in the event the gov't wants to ban them later. Only a gullible idiot or a gun control supporter...if there is really a difference...would believe registration reduces crime; every study that ever looked at the issue reports the huge majority of crime is being committed by repeat criminals, and they're not going to register their guns becuase it's illegal for them to have guns to begin with.

What I'm contesting is the validity of this specific case. Alex Jones is notorious for pushing so much outright paranoid drivel to the point where I'd demand proof even if he said water was wet, so when he pushes THIS case my BS alarm goes off. Plus, it goes off even louder when there I can't find out any more on why this guy was tackled by police other than the same two articles that are just being copied over and over by all the web sites that reference it.

In an era where we can even find out what video games the Newtown shooter liked to play, are you telling me you don't find the lack of background details on this suspicious? Even a little bit?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Well, this is how governments erode laws designed to protect personal and individual rights. They use the loophole system called amendments, and they nitpick and nitpick until your rights eventually work and protect nothing like they were originally created to. In truth they're abusing the amendment process.

Last time a government tried to take away the right to bear arms, the Revolutionary War happened. British soldiers going door to door confiscating weapons and then forcing citizens to board their armies and feed them at the cost of their own families, were the straws that broke the camel's back.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join