It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Now Confiscating Legally Purchased Guns

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I am going to laugh so hard the day they try this down here in GA.

What happened to Cali? They use to be the wild state. The "anything goes" state. Am I just remembering it wrong from my childhood? Or has Cali really gone insane?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
read the OP's linked article, no proof of what he said...our gun shops in the town of Stockton, Calif. are doing quite well...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

It has been proven. If you are on a certain list and have registered guns then expect the SWAT team to come knocking on your door for those guns. Furthermore if someone in your household is on the "Prohibited Persons List" and you have registered guns the same thing will happen.

The moral of the story is gun reregistration does indeed lead to confiscation.

It has been proven in this thread, so I will not re-post links. Simply google "prohibited person california" and you will get the proof.
edit on 16-1-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
On a related note California's passage of the Mandatory Unicorn Act or, as the dullards know it, micro-stamping law manufacturer's are not selling their product in the state:

“California law requires micro-stamping technology that does not exist,” Mark Gurney said. “We cannot meet the new requirement. Even though our handguns haven’t changed in any other way, they will fall off the Approved list.”
link

CAlguns has a nifty little graphic showing what will happen gun availability in the next decade: link

Mandatory Unicorn Act says if you can't attach a Unicorn to every gun sale then you can't sell your gun. De facto ban.

Currently being challenged in court.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

jrod
reply to post by jimmyx

It has been proven. If you are on a certain list and have registered guns then expect the SWAT team to come knocking on your door for those guns. Furthermore if someone in your household is on the "Prohibited Persons List" and you have registered guns the same thing will happen.

The moral of the story is gun reregistration does indeed lead to confiscation.

It has been proven in this thread, so I will not re-post links. Simply google "prohibited person california" and you will get the proof.

here's your list
oag.ca.gov...

so who on this list would you like to see carry a loaded weapon around your neighborhood?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
seems like this guy exercised his 2nd amendment rights, today in indiana
www.aol.com...|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D4310820

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

jimmyx

Really? The 2nd Amendment includes a right to shoot people?

C'mon. Don't drag yourself down to that level.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
here's how those oh so restrictive gun laws are working in Stockton, calif
sacramento.cbslocal.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That is a class-less post man. There is another thread about that.

I'm going to assume you believe responsible citizen's should not be allowed to have guns. History has shown what happens when the population is dis-armed.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
2x

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere

jimmyx

a person buys a rake to rake leaves
a person buys a car to drive
a person buys a handgun to shoot people
yep sounds about right

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

As if there was no way to arrest those known repeat felons without the gun laws in question here?

I don't know. Maybe at one of those "let's chat with all the murders" pot-luck dinners they have:

Officers were targeting those who have participated in call-ins, where police and community agencies met with criminals, offered them help and sent a warning.

Perhaps if the police were doing their jobs all along there wouldnt be so many known violent offenders running around town at will attending tea time with the cops.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You are shining example of why California is losing the 2nd Amendment battle. Funny how those SWAT teams do not go to known gang member's houses and disarm them.

I have yet to shoot anyone with my hand gun, I pray I never do. However if my life is endanger I will not hesitate to use deadly force.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

jimmyx

thisguyrighthere

jimmyx

yep sounds about right

And there's the "designed to" nonsense. Really, what's next, the "militia clause"?

Havent we danced this dance a thousand times?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

jimmyx

thisguyrighthere

jimmyx

yep sounds about right

A person buys a cemetery plot because one day, they might need it, not because they plan to kill themselves within the next 2 days.

If you don't like guns, then please, don't buy one. Then you can fall into category 2.

I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

jrod
reply to post by jimmyx

That is a class-less post man. There is another thread about that.

I'm going to assume you believe responsible citizen's should not be allowed to have guns. History has shown what happens when the population is dis-armed.

I didn't say anything about disarming all people....do you think this young man who shot these people was a "responsible citizen" ?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

jrod
reply to post by jimmyx

You are shining example of why California is losing the 2nd Amendment battle. Funny how those SWAT teams do not go to known gang member's houses and disarm them.

I have yet to shoot anyone with my hand gun, I pray I never do. However if my life is endanger I will not hesitate to use deadly force.

sorry buddy, but, they have done that quite a few times already here in Stockton, as well as in other parts of the state...by the way, there are a lot of liberals here in California that are armed....much to contrary of what most of the right-wing posters on this site seem to think.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Clearly not.

You do realize that on any given day there are a many deadly shootings in California. The vast majority were carried out by weapons that were not acquired legally and not registered and those stories do not make national news

ps,
I didn't mean to make it sound like a personal attack against you on that previous post. I just hear very similar arguments from California residents. I'm from Florida and our attitudes towards guns and gun control is much different. I do firmly believe there is an agenda in place that is attempting to disarm the American citizen, part of that agenda is to sensationalize certain hand picked deadly shootings.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

actually, I tend to agree with you on the part about some people having an agenda to disarm American citizens. but, there are quite a few federal democratic lawmakers that will never go for that, so in that regard I'm not worried. what does worry me is when hyperbolic statements are made by the pro-gun side, it can sound so nutty and paranoid, that regular people might think that there are all of these militias ready to overthrow the government at any minute.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

jimmyx
that regular people might think that there are all of these militias ready to overthrow the government at any minute.

And yet, that's what the 2nd amendment's purpose is.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join