It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Now Confiscating Legally Purchased Guns

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Because Alex Jones is so extreme and many of his stories are not verifiable I did link him to this thread.

The DOJ special agent flat out said the majority of people who are being targeted by APPS should not have been targeted and called the raids 'gun confiscation under the guise of safety.' This is coming from someone who was directly involved in the APPS raids.

www.ammoland.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

jrod

Because Alex Jones is so extreme and many of his stories are not verifiable I did link him to this thread.

The DOJ special agent flat out said the majority of people who are being targeted by APPS should not have been targeted and called the raids 'gun confiscation under the guise of safety.' This is coming from someone who was directly involved in the APPS raids.

www.ammoland.com...

That is all I needed to see...straight from the horses mouth. What I can't for the life of me understand is how any of those agents can look their fellow Americans in the face much less a mirror. This needs to be addressed and stopped asap...as well as those behind its policies tried for treason or at the least found negligent of their duties and ousted.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

seabag

macman
reply to post by jrod

Who is honestly surprised here????

There is no reason for the Govt to collect and hold info on individual sales, except to know where they are and have the ability to take when deemed.

Sadly, I’m willing to look the other way with regard to the 2nd amendment rights of Californians. They’ve gotten themselves to this point through their stupid policies…let them deal with the consequences!

F-em! They reap what they sow.

Divided we fall united we stand...your attitude plays right into their hand.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yeah...just let them try that in South Carolina...it would be a bloodbath! My advice is to move the freak out of Calif!!! You stay there, you deserve what you get.....

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Em2013

8675309jenny

seabag

macman
reply to post by jrod

Who is honestly surprised here????

There is no reason for the Govt to collect and hold info on individual sales, except to know where they are and have the ability to take when deemed.

Sadly, I’m willing to look the other way with regard to the 2nd amendment rights of Californians. They’ve gotten themselves to this point through their stupid policies…let them deal with the consequences!

F-em! They reap what they sow.

THIS is what's wrong with us!! Because of attitudes like this, they will take us down one state at a time! You think everyone in California enjoys the hyperliberals there who ruin the state? What about good people who own a business there and can't afford to leave? or have family, a well-established career? Seniority with a fire-dept? etc.

Californians don't deserve this just because the communists got themselves into gov't there.

Actually, you're right. From my understanding most people think that it's useless to try and vote for anything other than Democrat, which is why they tend to not vote in California. But in reality, California is still very conservative, just not certain parts. Unfortunately you have a lot of voters that never knew Brown was the one that causes the horrendous mess in California over a decade ago and they voted for him. Those that get their vote counted are typically the uneducated kind, the ones that vote without knowing sh-- about anything political or economical. The problem with the law is that anyone can vote regardless if they know facts or not. There are so many people that I've talked that agree that we should have a no-cheat test to take prior to voting. This would effectively end a large number of single-point voters and strictly left/right voters. Know history, know the policies which the candidates are for/against for participating party members and your vote should count. It shouldn't be because someone is of a certain color to "be a part of history" or "because they are liberal/repub". Anyhow, more people should try to vote at least in California, I'm sure they can do it. /rant

Excellent post. California has a large Conservative population that is unfortunately being marginalized by the immigrants, urban core, and the coast. I agree that apathy is a huge problem here but I don't think testing will correct it either....too easy to manipulate the results. Besides, California has a strong superficial attitude towards voting and basically choose their candidates by appearance and charisma. Principle and substance doesn't often win here (ex. Carl DeMaio lost to the pig Bob Filner in last years mayoral election).

To give you an another example, San Diego has a very large Conservative base (lots of military). A Republican (Brian Bilbray) was beaten in 2012 by a Democrat Scott Peters after they redrew the congressional districts. He only won by 7,000 votes which were easily obtainable after the redistricting. Peters is younger, better looking, and was far more appealing even though Bilbray was more of a centrist Republican.

BTW, those of you who say California deserves this - don't think for a second that it won't happen where you are. All over the country the rural vote is being overrun by the Progressive urbanites. Colorado was once a Conservative stronghold and now it's mostly blue. Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, Wisconsin....lean blue. Texas and Florida - you're next. Don't think it won't happen? South Florida, Orlando, and Tampa are deep blue. Texas, you've got a whole lot of "undocumented Democrats" headed your way. Progressives are locusts who will move to and decimate the resources of a state once they've destroyed where they've been. You will be assimilated sooner or later unless you fix the problem.

Is there a solution? I can only see secession, balkanization and civil war.
edit on 2-12-2013 by wills120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

jrod

Because Alex Jones is so extreme and many of his stories are not verifiable I did NOT link him to this thread.

www.ammoland.com...

Just noticed my typo. I did NOT use Alex Jones in this thread. I know better...

America's demographics are changing, the conservative, rural, small government, pro-gun demographic seems to be shrinking while the liberal, urban, big government, anti-gun demographic is increasing. I fear in another decade or two the anti-gun, big government demographic will become so big that when the demand the 2nd Amendment amended it will happen.

As the above poster pointed out, our leaders are now more than ever being voted in based on their looks and charisma, not their policies especially in California. This is very dangerous to our way of life and the United States of America as we know it.

edit on 2-12-2013 by jrod because: abc

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wills120

Interesting thoughts. I think the democratic party was hijacked by neo-libs about 2006 the same way the republican party was hijacked by neo-cons in 2003ish.

People have been duped into left vs right when it has always been people vs government.

I think Balkanizaiton is certainly a foreseeable outcome. I've always thought of a slightly different transformation of the US. The Roman empire wasn't crushed by marauding Germanic and Turkic tribes, when those guys invaded, the empire wasn't really an empire anymore. Many of the tribes also just wanted to be Roman. The Langobardi tribe from northern Germany basically immigrated into northern Italy in this time and adopted Latin and Roman culture. Lombardi is a state in northern Italy today. The Basically the provinces and municipalities were so fed up with the central government that they basically paid Rome lip service and did what they pleased regardless. Little kingdoms and fiefdoms part of Rome in name only. I can see something like that happening. Over the next 25-50 years, more and more states send senators and reps to DC to keep up appearances, but more or less disregard federal law and act semi or completely autonomously, much like the Roman empire acted late in it's duration. So yeah, Balkanization of a sort, but perhaps not through civil war and more or less from dismissing Washington as a source of any credible power.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

GoodOlDave

What I'm contesting is the validity of this specific case. Alex Jones is notorious for pushing so much outright paranoid drivel to the point where I'd demand proof even if he said water was wet, so when he pushes THIS case my BS alarm goes off.

Dave, this isn't an Alex Jones story, but don't expect massive media coverage of this from the same people pushing this propaganda.

Here's the references though:

nranews.com...

nranews.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

freedominourtime.blogspot.com...

dailycaller.com...

Jrod: maybe add some of these references to the OP?

They are intimidating their way into people's homes with SWAT teams and doing searches that violate the 4th amendment.

They were very clever about this by introducing APPS (Armed Prohibited Persons System) and now expanding the range of who is prohibited to include any kind of mental health treatment and many other minor things. Furthermore they are not grandfathering anything.

THIS IS REAL.

edit on 2-12-2013 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

“What do we do about the guns that are already in the hands of persons who, by law, are considered too dangerous to possess them?” Harris said in a letter to Vice President Joe Biden after a Connecticut school shooting in December left 26 dead. She recommended that Biden, heading a White House review of gun policy, consider California as a national model.

As many as 200,000 people nationwide may no longer be qualified to own firearms, according to Garen Wintemute, director of the Violence Prevention Research Program at the University of California, Davis. Other states may lack confiscation programs because they don’t track purchases as closely as California, which requires most weapons sales go through a licensed dealer and be reported.

“Very, very few states have an archive of firearm owners like we have,” said Wintemute, who helped set up the program.

edit on 2-12-2013 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This is the country we all know and love! Disarming honest citizens and handing control over to the dishonest criminals! Maybe they're tired of doing all the dirty work and will just sit back and let the amateurs take a crack at it. Sickening. I know my second amendment and will happily remind others who may have forgotten.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

ProfessorChaos
It pains me to say it, but I saw this coming a LONG, long time ago.

These types of things are not going to stop on their own, they're going to need some "help".

Saw it coming? They do this everyday in Cali. Don't bring non CA legal guns into CA.

California is not a gun friendly state.

I'm speaking in reference to public confiscation of legally owned guns in the country, not just California. This is simply the beginning of the tidal wave of rights violations to come.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

ProfessorChaos

ChuckNasty

ProfessorChaos
It pains me to say it, but I saw this coming a LONG, long time ago.

These types of things are not going to stop on their own, they're going to need some "help".

Saw it coming? They do this everyday in Cali. Don't bring non CA legal guns into CA.

California is not a gun friendly state.

I'm speaking in reference to public confiscation of legally owned guns in the country, not just California. This is simply the beginning of the tidal wave of rights violations to come.

Ahh, kk.

Once they work out the logistics of this idea, sure it won't take the DOJ to sweep through the states.

Once we see stuff like this happen in real gun friendly states (ones with state constitution's that prohibit this action), it will be time to worry.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Funny I live in So California,my ex works for the DA'a office,there has been nothing in news or anything about this,sounds like someone making a story about an isolated incident,BS I say,prove it,and I do have weapons,several

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

I'm thinking the same thing. I have family in California. One is in the legal profession. He's a collector (as much as he can be within the law) and competitive pistol shooter, and hasn't heard or seen a thing about it. Also, there's little to nothing about any of this on any of the major firearm forums. Usually when this stuff happens, they light up like a Christmas tree with discussions on what municipal, county and state officials to contact and how to stay within the law if something has become illegal.
edit on 3-12-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Oldtimer2
Funny I live in So California,my ex works for the DA'a office,there has been nothing in news or anything about this,sounds like someone making a story about an isolated incident,BS I say,prove it,and I do have weapons,several

This is exactly my point. I'm not disputing that the cops tackled this guy and siezed his weapons...BUT unless the gov't managed to get every single gun owner in California to give up their guns without a peep...which has about the same likelihood as a super model falling wildly in love with me...there should have been many, many, MANY more cases than just this single individual event. This tells me there is a lot more going on with this guy that got him on law enforcement's radar than what the article is admitting to, which in turn tells me someone is intentionally embellishing this whole thing to stir up false public unrest. Like THAT never happens on the internet...

Do we need to be proactive in protecting our rights? Yes, absolutely...but it doesn't serve us in protecting our rights if we're insisting on coming to the defense of someone who, unknown to us, might have had his guns siezed for legitimate public safety reasons.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Oldtimer2

This is exactly my point. I'm not disputing that the cops tackled this guy and siezed his weapons...BUT unless the gov't managed to get every single gun owner in California to give up their guns without a peep...which has about the same likelihood as a super model falling wildly in love with me...there should have been many, many, MANY more cases of guns being confiscated in a so-called "mass confiscation" than just this single individual event. This tells me there is a lot more going on with this guy that got him on law enforcement's radar than what the article is admitting to, which in turn tells me someone is intentionally embellishing this whole thing to stir up false public unrest. Like THAT never happens on the internet...

Do we need to be proactive in protecting our rights? Yes, absolutely...but it doesn't serve us in protecting our rights if we're insisting on coming to the defense of someone who, unknown to us, might have had his guns siezed for legitimate public safety reasons. How do we know this guy really wasn't a wife beater, or something?
edit on 3-12-2013 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

Interesting thoughts. I think the democratic party was hijacked by neo-libs about 2006 the same way the republican party was hijacked by neo-cons in 2003ish.

People have been duped into left vs right when it has always been people vs government.

I can't help but agree with all my energy on this. Where once we had logical differences of political opinion, called right and left thinking? We now have extremes to both sides, so bad, that either can offer up what we would have rejected outright as extreme just years ago because it NOW looks downright moderate. It's absurd and, as you note, both sides play this game like masters. We're the ones it's all about playing, of course.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I posted several links that all seem to verify this. One even has a former California DOJ special agent who participated on raids. I think there are about 20,000 people on the APPS list that are being targeted. To be targeted you have to have registered guns and be flagged as a prohibited person. Given that California has close to 40 million, less than 0.1% of the population is targeted.

If someone can debunk this story please do, it will make a lot of us sleep better at night. Like I said, I found several sources that appear to verify that this is really happening.

edit on 3-12-2013 by jrod because: always something

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

jrod

I posted several links that all seem to verify this. One even has a former California DOJ special agent who participated on raids. I think there are about 20,000 people on the APPS list that are being targeted. To be targeted you have to have registered guns and be flagged as a prohibited person. Given that California has close to 40 million, less than 0.1% of the population is targeted.

If someone can debunk this story please do, it will make a lot of us sleep better at night. Like I said, I found several sources that appear to verify that this is really happening.

edit on 3-12-2013 by jrod because: always something

Perhaps I missed it in a previous post (and I apologize if I did), but, is there a clear definition written somewhere that explains the criteria for being classified as "prohibited person"? Also, has this definition changed since it's inception? In addition, are the criteria written in such a manner to allow post-facto modifications of the criteria? If it did/can change, then who makes the decision for the changes?

I really would like to know, seeing as in the case of it being modified, then that leaves every citizen of California a potential person to be added to the list, does it not?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

According to the California's attorney general they are going after felons, those who commit violent misdemeanors and those who are determined to have 'mental issues', however the DOJ special agent who participated in the raids said that over 90% of the households they visited were simply common people who had no idea they were prohibited from having guns and most had a very minor or even a clean record. Conflicting reports of who is being targeted for sure.

What is alarming(besides the loose definition of 'mental issues') is you can have legally registered guns, but if someone in a household is determined to have 'mental issues' then no one can not have guns in that household.

I also read that they only have the capability to go after 2,000 people a year, which is less than 0.01% of California's population. It easy for a program like this to fly under the radar when such a small fragment of the population is targeted.

Could this be a sign of bigger things to come in the future?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join