It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobbies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I got this idea off xenophile so thanks
lol

Just wondering what each of us gets upto in our spare time?

Im an avid kite flyer and have been for 13 years i find my kites... relaxing if you catch my drift. I gave up on 1 line kites a while back and now focus on 2line stunt or 4line power kites. My favourite kite has to be my BladeIII its a 3rd generation power kite made by a company called flexifoil. Its similar to the kites used by kite surfers, which incidentally is next on my list i think
In total ive got 15 kites ranging in size and power, if anyones interested in maybe getting started in the sport U2U me ill try and give some sort of useful advice lol

Stu

P.S
Flexifoil Blade III

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I suppose that one could say my Thing is writing. Poetry, prose, songs, philosophical essays, short stories, whatever. However these days I really don't do much of it because of fatigue, indifference and just plain lazyness. I just complain about everything. I guess grumpiness is my new hobby.:bash:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I just hang out here at ATS in my spare time.

On the kite subject, I have a para foil kite that I love using. The great thing about it is that I don't need as much wind as a normal kite to get it up into the air. Other people will be struggling to get their kite up and mine just takes off with ease. There's no supporting structure so it just rolls up and stores in a little bag. I usually keep in the back of my car, and bring it out on a whim when I take my kids to the park.

Almost lost it this year. I had it out to the end of my 500 ft. line and the string broke. Weeeeee! I chased it 2 blocks before I found it. I'll have to check out a 2 line kite some day. They look like fun.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I guess my hobbies would be collecting old war memorbillia, Star Wars and movie paraphenallia, and writing. I am right now just write short stories on my own time, but hopefully I will get around to writing an actaul novel.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
On my spare time i might go out in the backyard with a big lounge chair with a radio and a drink and just sleep for hours on end lol. Most of the time i have stuff to do but when im not im either here on ats or playing with my police scanner and just chill out for ahwile lol
we all need some R&R sometimes.

Hobbies:
ROTC,Police,Scanner Monitoring,Bikes,Atv's,Dirtbikes,Cars,Motorcycles,Girls
heh just the bad boy stuff

[Edited on 18-11-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I just hang out here at ATS in my spare time.

On the kite subject, I have a para foil kite that I love using. The great thing about it is that I don't need as much wind as a normal kite to get it up into the air. Other people will be struggling to get their kite up and mine just takes off with ease. There's no supporting structure so it just rolls up and stores in a little bag. I usually keep in the back of my car, and bring it out on a whim when I take my kids to the park.

Almost lost it this year. I had it out to the end of my 500 ft. line and the string broke. Weeeeee! I chased it 2 blocks before I found it. I'll have to check out a 2 line kite some day. They look like fun.

lol parafoils have nothing on flexi's
not when it comes to being dragged or being hoisted into the air for that matter lol, ive got a parafoil but after flying a flexi theres no comparison or competition to which one ill use lol

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I play guitar and trumpet
Build Models WWII and Warhammer 40k Imperial Guard
Play Computer Games
and Ive just gotten into historical military reenacting. im a WWII german soldier.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
I play guitar and trumpet
Build Models WWII and Warhammer 40k Imperial Guard
soldier.

I collect the tyranids and FB lizardmen.

I play guitar.

Used to skateboard, not very much now though ( I was crap)

Could do a fair bit on a scooter but that ended when it snapped jumping down some stairs.
Worst part is id love to get back into scootering but when you got used to one its really hard to do anything on another.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Iif we're talking instruments, then I play piano and I want to pick up bass in a few years.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I hang out on ATS. Play lot's of video games, lot's of them. Then I play video games with my friends. Then I play computer games. Other than that I like soccer, intelligent discussion (anything from politics to science), fidling with mechanical stuff. Is this normal for a 14 year old like myself?

top topics

join