It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khufu Cartouche in Great Pyramid 20,000 Years Old?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

VALID research or vandalism? Egyptian authorities are in uproar after two German students scraped away some ancient writing to "prove" the Great Pyramids are 20,000 years old...

The two students from Dresden University recently took matters into their own hands: With Egypt's political turmoil distracting security forces, the pair conspired to sample the red paint and smuggle the pigment out of Egypt.

They have since asserted the fragments support arguments that the construction of date of the Pyramids was much older than Khufu's reign. - Source

Curiously this c.20,000 age is supported by my own recent research.

SC

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

oh for god sake, the reporter in that link is full of his own sh*t!

Absolute ignorance. "2 indiana jones wannabes"...

Do these people even think at all? or do they just conform to mainstream belief/popular opinion?

All i see here is 2 students trying to do some research, and a reporter who knows nothing of the subject, immediately dismissing their actions as idiotic.

Just goes to show people want to believe the one thing that they have been taught all along. They are too scared to look elsewhere...

This actually has annoyed me more than it should have haha

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Hmm,

What research is that ?

Where is the proof of this other Lost Civilisation ?

There were Ancient Egyptians... before that there were just local tribes ....

What culture in the Upper Paleolithic could have built the Pyramids ?

After all a lot of people dont think it was possible for the Egyptians to build them so going back in time
doesn't really help....

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

the 'Cartouche' may be an ancient Talisman from another era...

Kufu was perhaps a later manifestation on the once physically alive person the Cartouche~Talisman was fashioned for in that 20k year old, far-away place which was likely Atlantis

the Egyptian 'Kufu' was a later personage who was 'born' under the influence of the much earlier 'Kufu' whose Cartouche was revered as a Talisman...

hey~ just my attempt to set a talking point to go from...i am no expert---- thanks

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

St Udio
re

OOPs
edit on 30-11-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

The damage has been done. The question now is, can we prove their assertions of a 20,000 year age?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

how many people " just taking a sample for their own purposes " until there is nothing left of the original ?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Scott CreightonCuriously this c.20,000 age is supported by my own recent research.

SC

Hi Scott -

Much respect for your work sir!

Could you please expand on your theory of the 20,000 years timeline..
It has me very curious as my own timeline for the pyra-temples equates
closer to the 39,000 year timeline.

Much thanx in advance!

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I of course can't condone the unauthorized 'destruction' of any ancient site for obvious reasons. If its good for the goose its good for the gander and before your know it we will see an epidemic of armchair archeologists out scrapping and destroying ancient sites.

That said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the pyramids are far older than claimed. More to the point, dating pigments to get an estimate on age is quite common and the fact that these tests outdate the previous accepted timeline by over 10-15 thousand years certainly suggests that the truth was known all along and simply suppressed.

You just can't piss on my leg and tell me its raining and I think we all know very well that officials would have tested pigments themselves at one point or another. Its time to take the experts to task.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

snoopy11
Hmm,

There were Ancient Egyptians... before that there were just local tribes ....

Yes the ancient Egyptians called it Zep Tepi: "The first times" when the world was ruled by the gods.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

How much damage could really have been done? I'm sure they didn't need that many paint chips to run a test on its age. I think the uproar over the minimal amount of damage caused by the scraping may be used to drown out the results and importance of the test.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I dont condone vandalism, however I do condone responsible research that leads to an overall expansion of knowledge.

If this is confirmed 100 percent legit than why throw such a tuss. I seems very logical to test the paint, as long as things are not destroy beyond repair. And as far as my understanding of the process these kinds of test dont require a large sample.

I hope this can be confirmed.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

Hi HumAnnunaki,

You ask about the c.20,000 date that my latest research points to. This builds upon my research in the thread (below):

Giza Precession Timeline

As you can see from the above thread, the Sphinx bisects the precise midpoint of the Giza Precession Timeline (GPT) c.3,980 BCE. Remember, however, that the GPT works like a pendulum with the Orion Belt stars moving between max and minimum culmination (around 13,000 years in one direction and then 13,000 years in the return direction). In my earlier research I had merely assumed the first (i.e. most recent date) when the Sphinx bisected the GPT at c.3,980 BCE. However, a new insight into some other evidence I had previously uncovered demonstrates that the Sphinx actually bisects the GPT a full half-cycle earlier (i.e. approx 13,000 years) at c.16,940 BCE (almost 19,000 years ago).

I am presently working on a Flash preentation of this which I will post up in due course.

Regards,

SC

edit on 30/11/2013 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Yes, i understand that, but how often has this happened?

Obviously often enough for it to make the news and anger Egypt...

If people actually supported these researchers and regulated it properly, there would be no need for these "sneak attacks", and we would have more answers than questions.

But let's all get angry and dismiss them. That'll solve a lot

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I can believe 20 thousand years ago. I believe the pyramids are much older than they presently say they are. The Pyramids were probably repaired by some of the ones who are said to have built them. I don't even think humans built them, I do think they were humanoids though.

I look at people, the people in these countries want their ancestors to have built the pyramids so they will ignore any evidence of others building them before their ancestors were there. I can't say for sure that the pyramid was not built by Kafu, but I just don't think that all evidence has been looked at. Some that has been discounted and possibly destroyed in the past that contradicted the mindset of the people of the time may prove that these were built earlier. If you do not allow this evidence to be used that contradicts what you think , then sure the present theory and evidence will keep change from occurring.

Myself, I don't really care when they were built. I won't narrow my thinking to accept something that may be flawed though. I would rather know why these were built in the first place. Were they built as tourist attractions the same way that they attract tourists now. To stimulate an economy?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

CitizenJack

I dont condone vandalism, however I do condone responsible research that leads to an overall expansion of knowledge.

Agreed.

If this is confirmed 100 percent legit than why throw such a tuss. I seems very logical to test the paint, as long as things are not destroy beyond repair. And as far as my understanding of the process these kinds of test dont require a large sample.

I have long argued that a sample of this Khufu cartouche should be scientifically analysed. There seems to be a great reluctance on the part of academia to do this. Ancient ochre paint typically would use gum and honey (as a binding agent) both of which are carbon-based so C14 dating could be carried out on a sample. Why the reluctance? And why does Dr Hawass thoroughly reject the C14 dating process? Is it perhaps because he alraedy has tested ochre paint from this cartouche and didn't get back the result he was expecting?

I hope this can be confirmed.

Agreed.

Regards,

SC

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

what is interesting is the comment from the "professor".

He does not dispute the dating at all. He simply throws sand in eyes by stating he is not sure that the pyramid and the cartouche are from the same period...thereby attempting to disconnect the cartouche age with the pyramid age.

The age of the paint on the cartouche alone is enough to suggest "older" civilization.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The vandalism itself immediately discredits any legitimacy these STUDENTS might have had to begin with.

Further, they're STUDENTS.

Additionally, we not only have records, as well as a clear line of pyramid building evolution starting with Pharaoh Djoser with his architect Imhotep building the First Step Pyramid which was really just several of the then traditional Mustaba tombs stacked one upon another.

From there, we see Pharaoh Sneferu attempt to build a pyramid at Median which failed, and not to be deterred there was a second attempt that resulted in the Bent Pyramid, and finally, with success he achieved the first proper smooth sided pyramid with what's known as the Red Pyramid.

We know these things.
We have documentation and a clear line of architectural evolution.

This "Mysteries of the Pyramids" stuff claiming them to be older than they are is the domain and product of fantasists with an agenda to push their own fantasy versions of magical myth making toward whatever purpose, or simply willful denial and rejection of well studied material examined over Generations and Generations of scientists who'd have loved to have produced amazing results counter the current findings that would have made their careers, but, all in all continue to support the established paradigm.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

The vandalism itself immediately discredits any legitimacy these STUDENTS might have had to begin with.

I'm sorry but it discredits them? So they obtained 20,000 year pigment from where exactly?

Then the uproar over the vandalism is phooey? Or they damaged the pyramids in a grand hoax? Doesn't seem rational.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You can't do C14 dating on a scraping of pigment from a wall.

So unless they state their methology, what test they used to obtain this date, and demonstrate repeatability, I'm inclined to not believe it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join