It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top California hospitals don’t like Obamacare either

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

More "Buyer Beware" warnings coming out.

It seems many top quality hospitals in Cal-IF-ornia are not signing on to all insurance policies that are being offered on the exchanges.

The exchanges are supposed to be the catch all for the people who need the most from an insurance policy but could never get "Access To" the "affordability" and "flexibility".

If hospitals are being 'selective' about policies, that means people will get zonked when they find out they chose the 'wrong' policy that doesn't give what they want.

Such a deal eh?

President Obama has been claiming that people can keep their favorite doctors under the Affordable Care Act. But anyone who wants a premier hospital in California better do some homework before signing up.

A survey of the state’s top hospitals has revealed that most contract with only one or two insurance companies under Obamacare, even though the Covered California exchange has 11 companies to choose from. And one hospital, Loma Linda University Medical Center, has refused to participate altogether and has no contracts.

Obamacare is driven by low-cost policies. So the reimbursement rate hospitals will receive from insurance companies just isn’t worth it to them. The end result is that the blue ribbon hospitals won’t have a large presence on the exchange, Watchdog.org has learned.

Z-O-N-K !!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

How much of this can we all take???

Obamacare is the;

Sharknado
Chevy Volt
Ford Edsel
Ishtar
Waterworld

of government legislation!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Many for profit hospitals aren't accepting the ACA they said this before it became law. That's really not news.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Is that top notch Obamacare website up and running yet? Taking care of the millions that are depending on it... two months late?
Obama is the Edsel of the presidents, beez . No one is buying him.
edit on 29-11-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It will be interesting if the fines kick in before the website is functional. One of my good buddies joked that they were spending so much time worrying about how they are going to collect the fines and enforce the law that they failed to spend the time to make the website actually work.

On a side note about that, the working poor are pretty creative when it comes to surviving. It will be interesting how they will evade and or take advantage somehow. One thing I've been hearing lately is, if they are going to deduct the fine from your tax return, claim a few deductibles higher and try to even out so they have nothing to take. If one or two people do this, you're going to end up in jail but what if everyone started?

I've also heard stories of a couple doctors in my immediate area that are thinking of leaving the corporate hospitals they work at and starting private practices for cash. There aren't any laws that prevent private practice but from my understanding the malpractice insurance is insane if your a private practice.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
with what they spent on the website, and it sucks, just imagine what the actual health care will be like... government BS after government BS after...and all controlled in spec by the super-efficient and caring IRS. I was told my family can keep our doc, plan, and save $2500 every year. Lie after lie after lie...Now you say some in California think it may not be all free and glorious? maybe the payers may be outnumbered by the free recievers? There may be a fraction of a particle of hope for the deeply debted democrat state of california....

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 29-11-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Mansquito. You forgot Mansquito.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
with what they spent on the website, and it sucks, just imagine what the actual health care will be like... government BS after government BS after...and all controlled in spec by the super-efficient and caring IRS. I was told my family can keep our doc, plan, and save $2500 every year. Lie after lie after lie...Now you say some in California think it may not be all free and glorious? maybe the payers may be outnumbered by the free recievers? There may be a fraction of a particle of hope for the deeply debted democrat state of california....

yes, just look at the players.

sebilius and that little girl lung transplant,

the IRS, ooh boy,

36,000+ pages of wow,

26yo "children",

ACA is a LAW! like if you don't drive or own a car, you still have to buy ins,

married people getting screwed as opposed to 2 people living together,

prostrate exams for women,

GYO exams for men,

on and on and on....

people are covered under workman's comp, if they have a job. so getting hurt on the job, is covered.

ER's, free clinics, charity hospitals, Medicare, Medicaid...etc,

ACA is the most insane thing i ever heard of, i just don't see any reason how it will help anyone.

pre-existing conditions? how about a pack a week smoker, that's 27yo?

will some worker at macD's get to go to the Mayo Clinic for exams or anything?

as an ex-pat, can i sign up and fly back to get a heart transplant?

what does it really cover? to i have to sign up before i can find out? lol!

not enough room, time or desire to list all my questions, about this, so called insurance.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Obamacare is the;

Sharknado
Chevy Volt
Ford Edsel
Ishtar
Waterworld

of government legislation!

I'm sorry Beezzer, but I can't agree with that. Obamacare makes those look like HUGE successes. I gave you a star anyway, though.

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Many for profit hospitals aren't accepting the ACA they said this before it became law.

I don't recall any Democrats saying that, "before it became law". It seems that your use of "they" must have been in reference to those damn racist Republicans. Was it? If not, please provide, at least, one valid source.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Obamacare is a way to get insurance. Obamacare consists of insurance companies like blue cross blue shield, united health care, etc.
Are you saying these hospitals won't accept those insurance companies anymore? Not in Ohio I can tell you.

Are you trying to scare people? By the way, when do the children, women and senior citizens start to die because Obama made a way for the uninsured to get insurance? Where are the death panels?

Time will tell this story, why are the republicans so afraid of the success of this program? My insurance is the same as it was before the ACA, except they can't hold pre-existing conditions against me and they are removing the lifetime caps in 2014. Is yours?
edit on Fri November 29th, 2013 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
YaaaButt, YaaaBuuuuut The Obama care was supposed to help the millions (see illegal aliens) Oh what just happe......Have they forgotten about th...........

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

StoutBroux
YaaaButt, YaaaBuuuuut The Obama care was supposed to help the millions (see illegal aliens) Oh what just happe......Have they forgotten about th...........

What? Are you implying illegal aliens get some kind of free ride from the ACA? Please illuminate me.

I don't know how many millions it is supposed to save, I just know it saves me subsidizing ER care by requiring everyone have insurance. Yeah, that's a benefit the welfare hating right isn't telling you.
edit on Fri November 29th, 2013 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Are you saying these hospitals won't accept those insurance companies anymore?

The state of Ohio doesn't require hospitals to accept all policies that might be issued through Obamacare. That's going to limit your choice of hospitals. Cleveland Clinic will, only, be accepting Medical Mutual of Omaha.

Not in Ohio I can tell you.

I can only reckon that you don't know what you're talking about, then.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

damwel
What? Are you implying illegal aliens get some kind of free ride from the ACA? Please illuminate me.

Ummm actually yes, they will. They already do now too. As to the rest of the drivel you posted ...

Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio only accepts Medical Mutual of Ohio

University Hospitals Case Medical Center accepts only four; Cleveland Anthem Blue Cross, HealthSpan, SummaCare, SuperMed

The only top hospitals that accept every plan are the ones that are forced to by state law.

health.usnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join