It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cell phone radiation exposure and breast cancer in young women. Article/study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
govtslaves.info...
I do not know hardly anything about this web sight or the Doctor so take it for what it is worth.

(Lloyd Burrell) A new study raises concerns of a possible association between cell phone radiation exposure and breast cancer in young women. The research team, led by Dr. Lisa Bailey, a former president of the American Cancer Society’s California Division and one of California’s top breast surgeons, studied four young women – aged from 21 to 39 years old – with multifocal invasive breast cancer

Tiffany Frantz, one of the young girls involved in the study, said that she had no idea of the risks involved. “I put my cellphone right in my bra,” said Miss Frantz in a TV interview that also won an Emmy. However, her mother Traci Frantz immediately made the connection right after Tiffany developed breast cancer at age 21. “We never took it seriously until after she was diagnosed.” Her tumors were exactly where her cellphone had been kept in her bra for about six years. No one ever told us that this was a very bad idea.” said Traci Frantz. Surgeons had to remove Tiffany’s left breast. Her family had no genetic or other risk factors.

I have never known someone who carried a cell phone in their bra but I suppose there are those who find it convenient? According to this article it might not be a good idea.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm guilty of the phone in the bra thing. It IS convenient. When you put in your purse, it gets buried, when you put in your pocket, it can slide right out when you bend or sit. A lot of my friends do it, too.

I stopped after reading something similar a few months ago and after a friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer at a really young age.

At any rate, this is a great reminder for those who already know, and good information for those who do not.
edit on 29pmFri, 29 Nov 2013 20:06:28 -060013FridayFriday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Interesting information.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I have noticed that when I carry my phone in my trouser pocket, my upper thigh starts to ache. Sometimes my testicles too

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be ear or brain cancer? When the microwaves are running to the phone the most it's when you are talking on it. Breast cancer sounds like something I would make up to get my daughter off the phone.
edit on Fri November 29th, 2013 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Wide-Eyes
reply to post by 727Sky

I have noticed that when I carry my phone in my trouser pocket, my upper thigh starts to ache. Sometimes my testicles too

That's more from your phone not ringing.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't think the source's article is sensational as some may say, while unfamiliar with the site, the message stands be careful when having these near your body. As well as cancer organizations warn to keep them at a distance.

The young woman in the article is actually on Snopes under the subject of Breast Cancer and cell phones: deemed undetermined: See here

Cell Phones Linked To Breast Cancer?

Video posted last year about the article.

"Experts are saying men are also getting breast cancer." "There's no evidence because we haven't studied it yet..."

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Thanks one and all for the replies... There are so many things anymore where there seems to be metaphorical smoke emitting from some location. It is up to us to recognize if there is indeed a fire or not.

Cell phones are everywhere all over the world and I don't see them going away. However, maybe speaker phone is better than the ear and when not in use keep it from contact to your body.... maybe a waste of effort, but makes me feel better.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The study has 'official' attention.

...Experts in embryology, epidemiology, neurology, breast cancer, telecommunications and exposure modeling to cell phone radiation join a roundtable on hot topics in experimental and human research to discuss current U.S. and international policy developments on cell phone radiation. These industry and technical panelists will review the latest human evidence on increased risks of cell phone radiation, including a case series report on breast cancer in women who have kept cell phones in their bras.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Some months ago I read or heard that every cell phone comes with a warning not to hold it to your ear. Seriously (well, seriously I heard this, I haven't looked at an instruction book to see if it's true). I've very seldom used my cell without speaker, and just talk into in like that from about a foot or more away. It's never at my head. But I do keep it in my pants pocket on occasion, and now, with this article under my belt, may rethink that. A coat pocket might work in cold months. Hmmmmm. As for the bra-as-pocket plan, hopefully some may rethink that.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well the good news is they can't blame this on the USA for it is my understanding out of the millions sold every year "0" are made in the states.

There does need to be a serious look at RF radiation and it's effect on the human body by these devices. To many articles and hearsay to disregard.

top topics

join