It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to one-up the U.S. by mining the Moon!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Iqarus

LOL

So, you buy into all the propaganda huh....

And are you Chinese? If not YOU TOO are screwed.

Not like they are going to allow western nations to have the positioning that American muscle has bought in blood.

The west IS the USA....with everyone else who rides on our coat tails acting like our well being fell out of the sky by being so freaking awesome. What has your country done to secure western wealth lately?

Europe will ASK for permission to take a step into Africa or else where. Its economies will be at the mercy of ASIA....

You seem to like that situation. Or you believe they will treat you with consideration...Well see how they treat their own citizens and realize the answer to that.

So fat lazy American out.....my super power country is having a sales blitz spending our hard earned money after eating like kings yesterday.....

BYE!

edit on 11 29 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

edit on 11 29 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is good. Remember that we didn't get to the moon until we had a reason to compete with Russia. We might get to the moon again if there is a reason to compete with China. I hope so anyways!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iLemming

(HUge cuss word here) China has polluted their own country so (another cuss word here) bad that they have NO RIGHT to touch our moon!!! Yes I said OUR MOON!!! Damn it, this news REALLY makes my blood boil, I am going to fight this.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter

SecretKnowledge

SasquatchHunter

China is hilarious. They get ripped by corporations like Starbucks and GM. China can fund plan and execute whatever space missions they want. When their missions fail they will have wasted ridiculous amounts of money and defund their space programs or go bankrupt trying to conquer the unknown.

Space technology that works comes from NASA and technological innovation comes from America its not a game were gonna be one upped on anytime soon.

China looks good on paper but they don't have nearly the real world resources of America and American innovation. Good luck mining the Moon. Laughable.

German technology got America to the moon.
Chinese robot technology is the best in the world
Just throwing this out there

Did German technology really get us to the moon? Who funded that technology? Who made it work?

China can make all the most advanced robots in the world on paper. What's their real world application? Are their robots exploring and mapping the earth and ocean floors and space and the universe?

Someone drawing with a pencil and someone using Photoshop can produce the same drawings. Technology isn't always the bottleneck just as much as drawing is not as much the technology of an artist but their skill in using that technology.

Well, I guess the argument can be made that Hitler's administration funded it...in the early years. Then, spooks and Pope types smuggled some rocket scientists into the US. So it was an international effort.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Iqarus

If anyone of worth on this forum had made your comments at another member or their country they would be instantly post banned or worse. I am charged and pissed at your rude and ignorant comments. How dare you.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

And why is there so much pollution in China? Turn over all of your plastic goods(or damn near anything) in your domicile. Read the fine print. Countries like the US learned that acid rain and chemical crap pouring out of our factories might be not so healthy...rather than spend the money to make something less polluting, make it in China, save on labor costs, too. So you are indirectly helping pollute China, the world, and soon the Moon! Yeah GREED!!! Capitalism at it's laissez faire finest...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

They take up seats in our USA Colleges, then go back and continue to destroy their country to the point you cannot see the buildings on most days. People wear gas masks not for disease but from the uncontrolled smog. Until they can clean up their own act they have no right to endanger another planet. Use their smarty pants technology to save this planet, the depreciating and dying oceans, the atmosphere and all life, then go brave new technologies and even prepare to move off world due to the over population explosion they are faced with. When we leave this planet it will be as human beings and not separate nations torn apart by immaturity and hatred.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

HA! WE do not number our population in the BILLIONS, yes, blame the people who for generations have fed and clothed your people, created business and helped you to become the super power you should have been long ago. Karma is a bitch and you have no idea what Americans are really about any more than we could judge the Chinese people by their politicians, military and the industrial elites.
edit on pm1130pmFri, 29 Nov 2013 21:01:48 -0600 by antar because: s- as in plural decades

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

antar
reply to post by the owlbear

HA! WE do not number our population in the BILLIONS, yes, blame the people who for generations have fed and clothed your people, created business and helped you to become the super power you should have been long ago. Karma is a bitch and you have no idea what Americans are really about any more than we could judge the Chinese people by their politicians, military and the industrial elites.
edit on pm1130pmFri, 29 Nov 2013 21:01:48 -0600 by antar because: s- as in plural decades

We do agree that Karma is a bitch

Unless you have immersed yourself in the culture and history of the Chinese people will you understand them. They were a "superpower" long before the British ships showed up with opium and rifles...smoke up, Li, or taste the Queen's lead.

Just curious? White suburban high schooler? If not...or even if so...there is a place called the library and an invaluable tool known as the Internet that contains information on subjects without bias, owlbear tip#11: always look for endnotes, footnotes, and sources...have a fun!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

kx12x

As of right now with our current tech, I don't see any feasible way to turn a profit from mining the moon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the cost of transporting Lunar the resources to/from earth would far outweigh value of any mined resources. Maybe in the future, but with the known tech we have now, I don't see it happening, even in 2025, unless there's some major tech breakthrough.

In my opinion, the only way I could see that happening in 2020-2025 with no major tech innovation, is if there are highly valuable resources that we aren't told about somewhere within the Moon.

Actually, it would be quite cost effective if we look at just the return leg (from the moon back to the Earth), as it is almost all down hill, with little energy expended to get back. You only need enough energy to break the moon's gravity, which is quite low, and the Earth will pull you back down.

However, getting there (and sending supplies), that's the expensive part. It takes a lot of energy to leave the Earth's gravity well and get to the moon.

A good example is to look at the Apollo Saturn V rockets. It took the majority of that huge rocket to get men to the moon, but only the LEM and command module to get back.

So the majority of the cost is on getting stuff up there, and keeping them supplied.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The aliens are gonna straighten them out.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

You are right, China, like the Vatican, thinks in terms of hundreds of years, not ten years, as for the Luna resources, I expect there is Gold, silver, Uranium, diamonds, platinum, etc., on the moon in recoverable quantity's, and it seems that China has the money to do it. After all, the moon is made from the same stuff as the Earth.
China looks like its not up to much, that is what China wants you to think, go back to sleep and wait for the Dragon to wake up!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Space technology that works comes from NASA and technological innovation comes from America its not a game were gonna be one upped on anytime soon.
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Your post was so condescending I hardly know where to start. We'll just take the above quote for a start.The Chinese successfully launched their first astronauts in 2003. They were succesful so I'd say the technology is proven. They currently have a prototype space station in orbit called Tiangong 1. I have no doubt that they will launch the space station that they are currently working on and no doubt that they will get to the moon. It is typical American arrogance to assume that only NASA can be innovators.

As for being one upped, your country can't even launch a man into space anymore without Russian help. India also has a robust space program. So does Japan.

You are living in the past my friend. The US is no longer the leader in space exploration. Given the state of your economy...you never will be again either.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Helium 3 is where the real money is. If the Chinese were able to build a fusion reactor that could use it....

However, there is one fuel source that could save the world from a dark future. A fusion nuclear reactor powered by helium-3 (He3) could provide enormous amounts of power without any harmful carbon emissions or the radioactive byproducts created by today's nuclear fission reactors.

The Chinese are many things...but stupid is not one of them. They have the knowledge, ability and the drive to make lunar mining a reality. More impotantly they have the $$$$$$$$.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

If this is true, it's wonderful news.

Should China look like it's making any positive headway in realizing this goal, it'll make for excellent incentive to catch up and gain ground to come up on equal or better footing.

The cold war space race competition got man on the moon once before.

A race for resource exploitation and a whole new round of flag planting in staking claim to resource sites might just be the thing to get us back out beyond LEO.

I agree. A new Cold War is what will get America back into the Moon. NASA has known about the many resources on the Moon for a long time: Helium3, Water, Minerals, etc, and its potential as a depot/ transfer point into deep Space. However, without the proper funding, which congress seems to appropriate less and less of, NASA's hands are tied as far as some of its more ambitious projects. NASA 's new aim is for more Deep-Space projects and to let the up and coming Space private sector to take over the LEO projects; Spaceport America will be open for business soon. There are several private industries that are eyeing the Moon for its resources and its strategic importance. NASA does have several technologies/ projects up and coming: A new Moon Rover, New Spacesuits which are much more agile and lighter than current ones, Solar Sails for deep space flight(s), V.A.S.M.I.R being developed by Ad Astra, 3-D printed food for longer Space flights/ 3-D printed habitats, Juno to explore the Jupiter System, exoskeleton suits, robot dogs and more.

I think that right now we are in an "in-between" stage where a transfer of power from NASA to the private industry is happening. It's a shame that we need War to get things going whether a Cold War or not, however, a Cold War with China is the best and the fastest way to get us (the US) back to the Moon aside from Corporate America sinking its teeth into the Moon for its resources. When I think about these 2 options I say "bring on the Cold War."

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Chinese moon mines? Let's wait and see if they can soft land, first. It's possible the Chinese already have soft landed, in secret.

No nation has soft landed since 1976.

Soft landing should be easy because it's 1960's technology, right? NASA did it so many times during the Surveyor/Apollo era. Even the dreaded Soviet Russia landed (what, a half dozen times?) including 2 rovers in the 1960's.

It's not China's fault that the world's 2 biggest nuclear super-powers (for 50- year+) gave up on the moon. Or did they??

Perhaps Russia and American landings found "something" and the "something" proved to be a good secret (like evidence of ancient aliens) and they have waited 50 years for India, Russia and Japan to play catch up.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If the ETs will let them they might make the push for the moon, and help bring humanity to space colonies and commercialization of space. But its not up to humans.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I don't know where to begin, you seem to hate a race you know nothing about.
Your comments:

They take up seats in our USA Colleges, then go back and continue to destroy their country to the point you cannot see the buildings on most days. People wear gas masks not for disease but from the uncontrolled smog. Until they can clean up their own act they have no right to endanger another planet.

If I've paid for those USA Colleges Classes, you're telling me, I can't be here because I'm Chinese and may return to my home land. I did get my Master's in America and returned home, that makes me What?
Then Smog caused by the coal that we use to cook by and warm our home by and use for power plants do at times in the winter clogged the air, But, we don't wear Gas Mask, those are surgical face mask and it's normally no more than two or three days each winter, depending on the inversion layers and the winds.
I have to believe you never lived in California in the 60's and 70's it was just as bad in some places.
You think China is the only Country with a pollution problem, Grow-Up.
Also, when did the Moon become a Planet?
Yes, I'm Chinese and my husband is American. One winter day, the smog was bad, he said, Jeeezzz, I woke up in L.A. 1967, just the people are nicer and shorter!
My home city of Harbin China in the winter time.

And maybe what you'll find when America makes it back to the moon:

edit on 30-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Who says we haven't?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Sorry but there is more chance of me farting into bottles and selling it as perfume than practical mining of anywhere off the Earth's surface in the next 50 years just look how long it took to get the ISS built.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join