It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ison: Was it hidden from us?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

alfa1

crzayfool
Besides the heated discussions about multiple research organisations attempting to hide ISON from the world has anyone actually got any detailed images of it from 30/11/2013 onward?

Nobody appears to have any cameras pointing to the part of space where the comet is now. (and why would they?)

Because there are lots of people that want to see more pictures of it - especially scientists studying NEO's and OORT cloud comets.

Thanks for you reply.

Surely it is far enough away from the Sun by now though, not forgetting it's going near on 800,000mph; granted it will be slowing down - but still, it should be roughly 25,000,000 miles from the Sun already, over the 48 hours since Perihelion which puts it way farther out than 1 degree.
edit on 30-11-2013 by crzayfool because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Seems like nothing to see while its behind the sun (wasn't it like approx 4 hours on its surface proximity?), we just saw what we all wanted to see... IMO of course

Read a few posts and honestly don't think there is much to hide with something that close & given its size.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crzayfool

I''m going to throw this out there just in case it happens and you can all say "That Crzay dude on ATS said that was going to happen"...

And what can we say to the crazy dude if it's not going to happen ?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I for one would in no way be looking to post anything as I will be getting as far away from the supposed visitors as possible.....lol

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You know what I think NASA did, they said to eachother... "Lets do the one hour stills prank and see when somebody discovers it and throws it all over ATS? " one sec later " Muhahaha yea lets do that Jim ill bet you ten bucks, it will take three hours before the first thread arrives"
edit on 0b51America/ChicagoSat, 30 Nov 2013 18:13:51 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 30 Nov 2013 18:13:51 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

alfa1

crzayfool
it has drifted for the last few years from the general direction of Orion.

Only if you expand the definition of "general" to mean "nowhere near".
But I do like the way you used the word "fiction" several times in your post.

How was it nowhere near?

If ISON had come from the opposite side of the solar system to which we presume it did I could fully agree with you, but considering it came from the same "side" of Space that Orion resides, depending on what way up you look at it, I have to keep an open mind... Another thing with this is "Where actually is Orion?" - we can see it on simulations and star charts etc but considering it's over 1300 light-years away from us "How far does a solar-system or star constellation visually drift over those distances?"- taking into consideration the space-time / radiation warping effects of gravity, or are the charts and simulations forecast and predicted accurately in their digital and paper representations?

I understand what you are saying by the way and don't fully disagree with you, I'd just like to clarify how we can come to the conclusion that it was 'nowhere near'.

Keeping with the Hypothesis that this 'Space-craft' lol came from Orion and Orion is over 1300 light-years from us; if Aliens were also limited by fuel they may use the same gravitational slingshot techniques as Humans do when attempting to reach Mars - just on a Galactic scale; going round Pollux (33 light-years) or any other star system/constellation that is nearer than Orion (by the way Pollux is a little nearer to the assumed direction of entry into our solar-system).

Oooh I like fiction it's fun - especially when backed by science. OMG science-fiction!

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

0bserver1
reply to post by crzayfool

I''m going to throw this out there just in case it happens and you can all say "That Crzay dude on ATS said that was going to happen"...

And what can we say to the crazy dude if it's not going to happen ?

What ever you want - he does not get offended easily and forgets his own age sometimes so remembering to be annoyed at the internet is not likely.

(I'll still argue though that I was right though and that you're just looking in the wrong spectrum ahahah!)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by combatmaster

Ok, maybe no movement was the wrong phase to use.

There still is very little movement, a lot less than one would think.

Yes. True... I suppose most would assume that the movements would be rapid and fast just like in CGI movies..... i guess it aint like that! Maybe if ur standing 1km from the surface....... but still we should see at least some movement (even a single pixel) in the NASA image, no?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
what is this on the left in this picture near the sun on Nov 28th?? Found this on a Navy Military website?? secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
here is another link ... possible explanation on why we were left in the dark?? secchi.nrl.navy.mil.../20131128¬humb=0

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Now Hale-Bopp was a comet. Ison, not so much. Can't even see the thing.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Volund

Realtruth

AlphaHawk

Like I just said, Lovejoy showed up wonderfully and they were expecting the same thing to happen for ISON.

So why ISON and not Lovejoy?

Because maybe it's not a comet at all, they never actually knew what the composition of ISON was.

Just saying.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

Exactly. And now it has been reported that it has changed course... again.

I still say its a probe. On that thought it should be much cleaner now that the sun burned off all the space debris.

Worse case scenario...

What is this cube really? I am really wondering.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

thruthseek3r

Volund

Realtruth

AlphaHawk

Like I just said, Lovejoy showed up wonderfully and they were expecting the same thing to happen for ISON.

So why ISON and not Lovejoy?

Because maybe it's not a comet at all, they never actually knew what the composition of ISON was.

Just saying.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

Exactly. And now it has been reported that it has changed course... again.

I still say its a probe. On that thought it should be much cleaner now that the sun burned off all the space debris.

Worse case scenario...

What is this cube really? I am really wondering.

Thruthseek3r

Oh No!!!!

Its the BORG!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Chill out, son. People talk the way they're raised to talk. Oh and since when were thugs associated with a certain type of accent? I'm pretty sure you know what this dude is talking about. There's no reason to go hard over that.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arashikage

Chill out, son. People talk the way they're raised to talk. Oh and since when were thugs associated with a certain type of accent? I'm pretty sure you know what this dude is talking about. There's no reason to go hard over that.

Ya maybe you're right. At least you get kudos for the most rational response.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Nootropic
reply to post by charlyv

So where's the footage of it circling the sun?

Furthermore, server issues? What an easy way to patch up a half baked deception.
edit on 29-11-2013 by Nootropic because: (no reason given)

Why not go on to the SOHO/LASCO site and download them for yourself. While you are there, read how it works.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I don't understand the need for an Approach Camera, a Perihelion Camera and an Exit Camera. Why wasn't there just 'A' Sun Camera..?
Why use three seperate cameras for exactly the same viewing angle?
Are there even three of each type of these cameras up there?
Surely they must have a wider viewing angle than that too why didn't they just zoom out a fraction to get the whole thing in shot? - I really can't cotton onto this... Why?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

crzayfool
I don't understand the need for an Approach Camera, a Perihelion Camera and an Exit Camera. Why wasn't there just 'A' Sun Camera..?

If you're talking about the SDO, there was in fact just one spacecraft that had to be pointed in three different directions at the different times to get the approach, perihelion and then exit of the comet.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...www.youtube.com...

my first post. Hope I didnt screw up. Anyways, here is a vid of a comet NOT ISON that entered the suns perehelion. Look what happens.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It takes the Sun 31 days to rotate. You were expecting to see "movement" in 120 minutes? LAWL.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join