It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter Crashes into Glasgow Pub

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

I only remember that factoid, because the reporters and anchorpersons on the BBC made a point of it, and surmised that since the rotors were intact, it was unlikely that the engines were active upon or before impact, and therefore it would appear to support the reports from eye witnesses, that they heard no engine noise immediately before the crash.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
My God, this is a tragic accident.
My condolences to those affected. Its quite a miracle that,
there was no fire associated with this big helicopter crashing.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Its a frightening thought that a helicopter could just drop out the sky at any time, anywhere. Plane engines housings have been known to fall off during flight, and of course planes do crash a few times a year, either gliders, small planes or airliners.
I live right under flight paths, the planes are usually pretty high by the time of passing over the county, though also had light aircraft from a nearby airfield, plus police helicopters sometimes overhead, once out very frequently.

I wonder if the pilot stopped the rotors on purpose (is that possible to do manually, for emergencies?), perhaps a foreseen fault, and better option to halt the rotors before impact. Just the roof looks really thin and hardly able to provide a strong enough barrier between the blades and the interior, should they directly touch.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The aircraft was intact, and there was no mayday call before the crash. There are no recorders on the helicopter, so the AAIB is looking at the FADEC and electronics to get clues as to what happened.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
There is no way this is anything other than a tragic loss of human life

lollipop whatever yer name is I speak on behalf of Scotland yer talkin baws mate !

Such a sad day for Scotland, a few of my friends drink in that pub and we were out Friday night just round the corner and as soon as they heard they left to go help out !
Sadly a few of them are still missing I believe cant confirm at this time

Thoughts go out to all the families who have tragically lost a family member in that unfortunate event
aww the best to yees ! x

Now Gordi did point out that the company that makes them is Eurocopter
and the engine was Pratt & Whitney from Canada , now this is where it could get interesting
this is the same company that make the Super Pumas , who have crashed in the North sea this year and last year and a few years ago as well through engine failure and various other mechanical faults

if yer looking for a conspiracy Lollipop there's yer only possible conspiracy
the company is shady in their manufacture simply for profit
now go investigate that if yer that inclined

Again show some love and respect to the dead

no like that wee midden Katie Hopkins the putrid wee troll ay a hing oot

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

lollipop whatever yer name is I speak on behalf of Scotland yer talkin baws mate !

Such a sad day for Scotland, a few of my friends drink in that pub and we were out Friday night just round the corner and as soon as they heard they left to go help out !

Thoughts go out to all the families who have tragically lost a family member in that unfortunate event
aww the best to yees ! x

and the engine was Pratt & Whitney from Canada , now this is where it could get interesting
this is the same company that make the Super Pumas , who have crashed in the North sea this year and last year and a few years ago as well through engine failure and various other mechanical faults

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

aww the best to yees ! x

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
A star for each post!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
That Helicopter fly's over my house all the time. I see it like 3 or 2 times a week. Shocking and sad. R.I.P. To those lost souls.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

damn internet connection at work didnt realise it posted three lol !

thanks though

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
So we're having a charity gig on February 1st in Kilmarnock for the victims of this tragedy, if anyone is interested I'll PM details. 12 Bands confirmed so far.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Do you have a facebook group set up , can you PM details I'm sure loads of my mates myself included would attend ?

cheers

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Is it against T&C's to post details directly on the thread?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

eniar

I wonder if the pilot stopped the rotors on purpose (is that possible to do manually, for emergencies?), perhaps a foreseen fault, and better option to halt the rotors before impact. Just the roof looks really thin and hardly able to provide a strong enough barrier between the blades and the interior, should they directly touch.

A turbine engine connected via gearbox to the rotor.
No I don't thing the pilot can freeze the rotor, only de clutch it I guess.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

angelchemuel

Is it against T&C's to post details directly on the thread?
Rainbows
Jane

I suspect it most probably is yes.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

sapien82

Do you have a facebook group set up , can you PM details I'm sure loads of my mates myself included would attend ?

cheers

There is a FB group / event, I'll PM it.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Glasgow Glasgow Helicopter Crash: 'No Engine Failure'

A helicopter that crashed into a bar in Glasgow, killing nine people, did not suffer an engine failure, investigators have said. An initial report from the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) found that "all significant components were present" when the police aircraft came down on the Clutha bar last month. It also confirmed that while all rotor blades were attached at the time of impact, neither the main blades nor the tail blades were rotating. "Initial evidence indicated that the helicopter struck the flat roof of the single-storey building with a high rate of descent and low/negligible forward speed," the report said. It added: "Initial assessment provided no evidence of major mechanical disruption to either engine and indicated that the main rotor gearbox was capable of providing drive."

Sky News

they said it oly had 75 litres of fuel left as well....
edit on 9-12-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

I saw this too...curiouser and curiouser!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Glasgow Helicopter Crash: No Engine Or Gearbox Failure Found huff.to... via @HuffPostUK

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Looks Like the helicopter encountered some air / space pocket
of unknown anamoly and lost its power, and pancaked

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join